ZEITGEIST The ZEITGEIST Booster Project Kickstarter

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Yeah, I'll admit that I was disappointed by day 2 as well. I expect that this sort of thing would generally see a surge of support early, a slow trickle for a long while, and then maybe a rush at the deadline. If the surge of support is just 13% of the goal, I'm worried that the goal might not happen. But here's hoping others will step up to help out in the next six weeks! I'd really love to play that game at GenCon.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think all we can do is try to spread the word, try to encourage people to sign up, and hope!

If the Gen Con thing does happen, I'm going to need to get some solid prep done. Would people want to actually play something from ZEITGEIST, since I assume they would already have the adventure? Or would something novel -- tangentially related, but not from the core AP -- be better?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
If the Gen Con thing does happen, I'm going to need to get some solid prep done. Would people want to actually play something from ZEITGEIST, since I assume they would already have the adventure? Or would something novel -- tangentially related, but not from the core AP -- be better?

Personally, I'd be happy either way. I wasn't sure what the planned release schedule for ZEITGEIST was, so I didn't know if we would already have the first adventure by then or not.

If running a one-shot in the ZEITGEIST world but not directly from the adventures is feasible, I think that would probably be ideal. Perhaps you could run a prequel or something tangential - while the RHC is doing X, here's something else going on with this other group in another part of the world.

renau1g

First Post
Although I won't be playing in it, I'm assuming you won't have time to run a full adventure from the AP (as it typically takes my group a while to get through one). I concur with OnlineDM, a prequel/tangent that maybe explores a different aspect of the Zeitgeist world than the AP, or an organization that may be important to the AP, but from a different angle (like working for them when they end up working against the PC's) to provide a bit of shades of grey....

IronWolf

blank
Although I won't be playing in it, I'm assuming you won't have time to run a full adventure from the AP (as it typically takes my group a while to get through one). I concur with OnlineDM, a prequel/tangent that maybe explores a different aspect of the Zeitgeist world than the AP, or an organization that may be important to the AP, but from a different angle (like working for them when they end up working against the PC's) to provide a bit of shades of grey....

Like renau1g I won't be playing in th is, but I think along the lines of his idea. Something on a tangent, but related to the main campaign. Playing the different angle thing up could be quite fun I would think.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
This is going to sound bad but do people want Zeitgeist- see I told you it was going to sound bad, and I'm sure you've looked at the numbers but, I don't remember ever being asked. Perhaps I'm not the guy, perhaps I missed it, or else I did reply to whatever marketing was done... but I don't remember.

I'm here every day, several times a day most days.

This isn't supposed to come across as nasty but from my POV I've got this campaign, well actually three of them, they've got a world- they're all sorta set in the same world. The world is done, built- players like it etc.

Is Zeitgeist something I can run without buying in to the whole Campaign thing- I've run the Punjar series (Goodman, I know only three adventures) in my campaign world, and a good half of Scales of War (with changes to fit), many of the WOTC Core campaign we've run too. Alas WotBS proved... well incredibly difficult to do, my problem of course...

But I read the Players/DMs intro to two of my three game groups and they both said- nope, they're still happy with the Fantasy stuff, as opposed to Steampunky/Final Fantasy (maybe these assumptions are wrong, but that's what we presumed).

My point being to do this justice, and I've run Adventure Paths before, then it's 18 months of play (at least- for us)- my players like the campaign world they're in... isn't there a market for something smaller, less dependent on setting.

If you did stand alone adventures, or mini-series, particularly without the tech, then I'd subscribe in a shot- as I have with the Open Design 4e adventures...

Sorry and all that- I promise I'm not being nasty, I just think APs are a massive buy in on the DM/Players part- mid-campaign, which I guess many people are then an AP may have to wait a while...

I'm sure it'll be a great read- WotBS was.

I guess I just want Dungeon magazine back- I think there's a massive gap in the market.

Goonalan

Remove ads