[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I'll see what I can do about posting more often. Also, are there any bonuses related to being prone? I know you get a bonus against ranged attacks...

OOC: A prone creature grants combat advantage against melee attacks, and gains a +2 defense bonus against ranged attack. Other types of attacks are unmodified.

jsb420

First Post
Round 7 – Beach Party

[sblock=Previous Rounds] Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6 [/sblock]
Ixenvalignat sees the creature that refuses to die,"You just don't learn, now do you?" He rounds once more on the undead thing, but it ducks, and the dragonborn nearly decapitates his friend, "Sorry. That didn't quite work the way I wanted it to." (MISS)

"No worries... Just...", Finnean's blade impales the zombie. "...distract him for me!" (HIT)[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] Jesse caught up with the rest of the party but the clash was about to end..."Spirits of the Earth, swallow my enemies! Let them rot in the sulfurous pits of HELL!" Jesse's eyes burned with furious flames as he stared down the undead...but the Deathlock Wight was too distracted to pay much attention to the tiefling. Nonetheless, the sand shifts before him and he falls flat on his face. The Dead One is terrified as a pit has opened up on the golden shores, threatening to swallow him whole. (HIT and kills dead one 4 & MISS)

*Cyrus darts forwards taking advantage of the fallen foe upon the ground, slashing out at the wight with his rapier. Hitting nothing but sand as the wight rolls off to his side.* (MISS)

The wight tries to stand, but from the edge of the jungle, a fist sized rock flies out to strike the undead in the head, dropping it… well dropping it like a stone, its undead energies escaping its mortal shell. A bedraggled-looking bugbear steps from the forested interior and onto the beach and looks warily at the heroes on the beach.

Damien looks about nervously – as if searching for something. ”Where is Ardens!”, he questions more to himself than asking his companions. An eldritch light begins to surround Damien’s head. He drops his favored bow and clamps his head, large hands pressing his temples. Bending over as if he’s going to be sick, he starts to moan piteously. Jesse can literally see the arcane energies emanating from the bugbear’s head (some type of geas or charm). Suddenly, the bugbear straightens in apparent seizure, and then almost quicker than the eye can follow, he grabs his bow and speeds off into the thick jungle fauna with nary a word to his companions.
GM: Damien has taken his leave from Desolation Island to search for his companion Ardens. They will be missed.

[sblock=Map]
PHOu1.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Experience Awards]600XP Dead Ones (zombie x4)
44XP Dead One (minion)
175XP Deathlock Wight
819XP sub-total
1638XP sub-totalx2
327XP each

Finnean: +358+333+250+327=1268XP LEVEL UP!
Ixenvalignat: +358+333+250+327=1268XP LEVEL UP!
Cyrus: +358+333+250+327= 1268XP LEVEL UP!
Jesse: +358+333+250+327=1268XP LEVEL UP!
Fierro: 1000*+50=1050XP
*XP taken from your wiki page.

No time XP/gp awarded at this time.

For those who can level up please do so. I'll let your characters have an Extended Rest too (I know what you're thinking..."Such a nice GM!")[/sblock]
GM: Obviously the encounter is over! I'll post again tonight or tomorrow morning. I want to allow enough time to level up and for pacdidj to introduce himself

pacdidj

First Post
Crashing out of the forest to check the results of his stone throwing handiwork comes the most oddly dressed bugbear you've ever seen. He wears a heavy set of scale armor, covered in spikes at the shoulders; a truly massive pear of iron gauntlets, similarly studded; and over it all, what can only be called a costume: A half-face mask of blue and gold with some sort of insect embroidered on the forehead, and a matching if tattered cape, also decorated in blue and gold filigree.

[sblock=Fierro]
600px-Fierro2.png
[/sblock]

"What this?," he asks, eyes wide, as he spots the party. "More ghosties? No not ghosties, only puny Daunton people."

"Greetings puny Daunton people! I am Fierro, ¡El Matascarabajos!'," he booms, drawing himself up into a sort of parade rest stance, arms crossed, and pausing, obviously expecting some sort of reaction to this title. When none is forthcoming he looks a little bit deflated.

"Maybe you have way get off this island, yes? Fierro tries asking other goblins he found, but they chase him off. ¿Por que los hermanitos me attacan? They must be backward tribe if they never heard of Fierro, greatest beetle wrestler in all of Hzakan Empire!... Say, why you Daunton people here? You get shipwrecked also? And where all these ghosties come from?," he asks, motioning to the freshly redeceased corpses.

OOC: Fierro, ¡El Matascarabajos! - Level 2 Bugbear Fighter - reporting for duty!

treex

First Post
OOC: D: An onslaught of posts! It's really late here, I'll catch up in about 7~9 hours. Will level up Jesse and maybe RP something IC

EDIT: Leveled and ready. I'm quite sure I missed something but...awaiting approval!
Took Spectral Image, Shield(Spellbook) and Enlarge Spell feat. I'll be standing by while Ixen talks to El Fuerte.(I'm aware that Shield is a really good utility, but I'm gonna go for some fluff :D

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*As the rock slams into the Drealock Wights head and it collapses to the ground in a heap. Cyrus moves into a more hunched aggressive stance. Both blades in hand ready with whatever came next. As the large bugbear sprang out of the nearby woods, he would remain watching the being intently. He growled lowly at the new found threat. After a long long moment of the bugbear's idiotic speech, he would stand to his full height. The large Khan towering over the rest of the party. Sheathing both his blades, and redrawing his deep cowl over his head. He looked to Ixen.*

You can deal with the eccentric one.

*Speaking with a low growl. He would turn and start rummaging through the dead corpses for anything of use or value.*

[sblock=OOC]Great to have you on board Fierro! Welcome welcome. Awesome to see we now have something that can take a hit. Yay for defenders.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Cyrus is looting the courses and surrounding area. Looking for anything of use or value to the party.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
You can deal with the eccentric one.[/sblock]
Ixenvalignat shrugs toward the bugbear, "Oh don't mind him. He's just like that." Seeing the bugbear is more of a help than a threat, the dragonborn returns to the skiff to retrieve his shield.
OOC: Wohoo. Leveled up to 3! (Spent some DM credits). Leveled up, overhauled, and submitted. Still low on HP, but at least he can do damage now.
[sblock=Ministats]Ixenvalignat
Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 3 Initiative: +1
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 20; Fortitude; 18; Reflex: 14; Will: 17
HP: 32/32
Surge Value: 8; Surges Left: 1+2/8
Action Points: 1

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+8 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20+1 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Brash Assault (Standard) 1d20+8 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage

Effect: The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action asn has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes the attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

:melee: Intuitive Strike (Standard) 1d20+8 vs. Will
Hit: 1d10+5 damage. Until the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, the next ally who attacks the target and has combat advantage against it gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

Encounter Powers:
:close: (5) Dragon Breath (Minor) 1d20+8 vs. Reflex
Bostering Breath Feat: Targets enemies only

Hit: 1d6 Lightning damage

Battlefront Shift (No Action)

Effect: Target (either Ixenvalignat or an ally) shifts half speed on initiative roll

:close: (5) Inspiring Word (Minor) 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints

Special:
Can be used twice per encounter

:ranged: (5) Encouraging Boost (Minor)
Effect: The target can use its second wind and regain an additional +4 hit points.

Special:
Can be used twice per encounter
:melee: Tactician's Invitation (Standard) 1d20+8 vs. AC
Hit:
2d10+5 Damage. The next time an ally hits the target before the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn, that ally can slide the target two squares, shift 2 squares or deal 4 extra damage to the target.

:melee: Flattening Charge (Standard, Charge)1d20+8+1 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 Damage, and Ixenvalignat knocks the target prone.

Bravura Presence:
If the attack hits, this power is not expended

Miss:
The target gains combat advantage against Ixenvalignat until the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:

:melee: Bastion of Defense 1d20+8 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+5=Damage. Each ally within 5 squares of Ixenvalignat gains a +1 power bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter.

Effect: Each ally within 5 squares of Ixenvalignat gains 9 temporary hit poins.

Feats:

• Armored Warlord: Ixenvalignat gains proficiency with scale armor, and he increases his number of healing surges by one.
  • Bolstering Breath: Your dragon breath power targets enemies in the area, instead of all creatures in the area. In addition, allies in the area of your dragon breath gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases