Goonalan's- Forges of the Mountain King PC- Dwarves Only

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
This time I hope my PC is finally done. Either way, I think it's time to shelve the optimisation and move on to the game. Whatever it's worth! Let me know if I've made any mistakes, please? Background pending.

Thanks

Pinotage

Only one mistake-

Fort Defence should be 15, remember Fort is the best of Str or Con, and your +4 on Str.

Last thing- which is just time saver- wherever you keep this info about your PC remember to keep in mind your Divine Challenge, Mettle, Strength and Lay on Hands- if I had a £1 for every time the Paladin PC says I've nothing to do on a Minor action then...

Feel free to join the IC game, waiting on one more PC...

Cheers Goonalan

ripjames

Explorer
Well I guess I am the last one. I am Mardred the Thief, so watch your valuables and never think I don't have a knife hidden somewhere.

Sorry it took so long to get this, was a busy week.. now i just need to write up a back story

Added the revised charactor sheet

Attachments

• Mardredrevised.dnd4e
    112.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

ripjames

Explorer
This may not make sense as I'm a bit tired and it's been a very long day here, but I wanted to get somthing posted. Mardred is going to be your basic thief type, thinks he's smarter and slicker than everyone else. And sometimes he is, he also has fast hands so watch out

Mardred slinks across the rooftop towards his destination, a small window in the attic of a house he is planning to liberate of a certain red gem. It’s called the Dragons eye because it’s supposed to have once been an eye in a life size statue of some dragon somewhere else. The Dwarf currently in posession of it has been bragging about it for months now and how it is impossible for anyone to steal it. Tonight is the night Mardred will prove him wrong, and make a tidy profit, hopefully enough to pay his back dues in the Thieves guild, bastards will rob ya blind in interest if you will let them, guess that’s to be expected though.

He sneaks up to the window checking it for traps both magical and physical, finds 3 and swiftly disarms them. Making his way through the window he stops and takes stock of the room he is in. The stone should be on the second level, now is the tricky part. He knows the house is currently empty as it always is this time of day so he dosen’t have to worry about anyone but he also has no idea what he could run into trap wise. He starts to make his way towards the ladder that leads down from this room. Checking it for traps and finding none he makes his way down where he walks over to the door into the nearest room checking it for traps he peeks in and decides that this bedroom is not where the stone is kept. Checking 3 more rooms he finally comes to one at the end of the hall way that has a very powerful magical and physical trap on it. He determines that if he dosent disarm it on the first try it is likely that an acid cloud will be emitted and getting the stone will be the least of his problems at that point. He pulls out his favorite set of pics and proceeds to disarm the physical part of the trap, which in turn appears to disarm the magical part as well..

“That was too easy” he says outloud to himself. Checking for more traps that he may have missed the first time and finding none he enters the door and finds that the only thing in the room is a red gem about the size of his balled up fist lying on a pillow. Still not finding any traps he picks up the them and
immediatly notices an odd quality about the gem. It’s too light. He stares at it for a second than throws it to the ground as hard as he can where it shatters. Apparently the patron was correct when he said no one could steal his gem. He dosen’t even have one.

Quickly making is way back out of the house he decides that going back to his usual quarters probably isn’t such a good idea, it may be time to lie low from the thieves guild. Time to head back down to the caves perhaps.

Attachments

• Mardredrevised.dnd4e
    112.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
I'll flesh the below out a little more in the coming days and give it a proper write-up, but here's a brief background on Kazzagin.

His parents were travelling back from an craftsman's union meeting when they got caught in a snow storm. His mother slipped and fell, and entered early labor. While attempting to give birth to Kazzagin, his father, Aethor, a renowned dwarf for his craft, got savaged by wolves and lost his arm protecting mother and child. This resulted in a life of ridicule, discrimination and other unpleasantness. These events, and the image of a fearsome demon-wolf attacking him, have resulted in Kazzagin being a champion of the downtrodden, but plagued by visions of that moment of his birth.

His father has since attempted to redeem his image, and even manage acts of great courage, for example, recovering the Cragnarian Diamond from the dark pits of the Neimary Chasm. But, this has resulted in more scorn born from jeolousy being heaped on him. Kazzagin has born all this with good grace, and while being raised by good parents and raised well, he is fierce in protecting the weak. He worships Pelor, as the Sun God eases his memory of snow and demons when he was born.

Pinotage

Explorer
Just for reference, Goonalan, I've assumed that Kazzagin's plate armor is his father's so it means that he effectively started with 150 gp in coin. Hope that's OK. I'll update his coin values to reflect this unless I hear otherwise.

Pinotage

larryfinnjr

First Post
I'll run with this pic of m'lady.

Attachments

• Cinara.jpg
    Cinara.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 62

Remove ads