Chicago Gameday 29 is July 9th: Event Planning and GM sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Oh, and I may be bringing some table prizes. Probably just one or two things for the BE table. Since it's a one-shot, we can give them as prizes when we vote for MVP and Workhorse!

Ninjacat

First Post
Anyone else up for running another event in the morning? We're lopsided!

Oh, Fine, you talked me into it.

(*g*)

BuffyRPG.jpg

THERE'S A REASON IT'S CALLED LAKE ERIE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4-5 Players
Table B

Okay, a Hellmouth is one thing, but this is just getting weird!

There's rumor of a new Master Vampire in town, and okay, that's not great, but the Hellmouth's energies attract evil, and vamps are pretty darn evil, so it makes sense the worst ones show up, right? But now something else has shown up. What the heck kind of crazy demon collapses into grody piles of seaweed when it's slain? At least vamps have the decency to dust and blow away, minimal cleanup. . .whatever these scaley-weedy things are, they're gonna be a problem...

This game uses a unique partial-pregen system to provide characters, giving the players a list of Archetypes to choose from, such as Clown, Jock, and Musician, that they will then apply a Template to, such as Demon Hunter, Slayer, or Werewolf. This provides each player with a unique character that has their own strengths, charm, abilities, and issues. Cinematic Unisystem is a simple ruleset that only needs 1d10 to play; familiarity with the rules or with Buffy the Vampire Slayer is not at all needed, though possibly helpful.

So, I've restored the balance...but if ANYBODY else wants to run something in the AM slot, just speak up. I wouldn't mind playing Danger Patrol, or ICONS, or trying Witch Hunter...so I'm more than willing to cancel this event if need be.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Oh, Fine, you talked me into it.

So, I've restored the balance...but if ANYBODY else wants to run something in the AM slot, just speak up. I wouldn't mind playing Danger Patrol, or ICONS, or trying Witch Hunter...so I'm more than willing to cancel this event if need be.
Added!

But don't feel obligated if you'd prefer to play, Ninjacat. I didn't mean that existing GMs needed to double up!

buzz

Adventurer
We're in the home stretch, folks! Post your event details if you have not done so already.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, folks... I'm in need of event descriptions from:

sw3333 (Star Wars SE)
SailorKitsune (Danger patrol)
Dokomo (D&D 4e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads