[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks around the room, unimpressed. He glances up at the toys hanging from the ceiling, somewhat curious if there are properly useful and sharp toys up there, or whether these are the useless dolls and miniature wagons that pass for children's entertainment in these parts.

And all this paper? Clearly the man had some sort of chronic bowel problem to require this much material. He shakes his head. Better to just use leaves, anyway.

He shrugs and heads over to the fire, hoping to find some leftovers that the thieves missed during their search.

jbear

First Post
"Yes, we will take these thieves to the authorities indeed, but first they will empty their pockets! And hand over anything they have taken! At once! Or we will let Daylilly wrestle them ... one by one!"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The thieves show their pockets, but except for a few pieces of copper, there isn't anything there of worth.

OOC: Everyone who is searching, please roll a DC check for Perception. If you haven't declared your search location and want to search, please do so.

I am going to consider that one with 3 x CR 1 enemies, because of their light weapons and armor. I'll reward the full XP for it since I consider ending a battle with diplomacy equally as valid as ending one with combat. The party received 1,200 XP, or 300 XP each.

Systole

First Post
OOC: I was assuming you'd just use the old one, since rerolling always seems a bit cheesy to me. (Like ... "I got a 4 but that one didn't count, so I'm rerolling" versus "Can I keep the 19 I rolled before?") If you'd like me to reroll, let me know.

I can't believe Daylily made a Diplomacy check. And it worked. Honestly, one of the stranger things I've seen in D&D

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Daylily can see that books and some glassware had been tossed into the flames. There is charcoal in the fireplace, and it looks as if someone had decided to use papers and other materials as kindling. But that was obvious to any onlooker, and he couldn't tell any additional details.

At the same time, Quioan checks out the workbench but can't make anything out of the clutter.

The models hanging from the ceiling seem to be conceptual pieces. There are even some that look like flying contraptions with bird-like wings, though you wouldn't want to be the one to test the device.

OOC: I'm only allowing one search per room location per character. So no, we are not doing rerolls or take 20s.

Qik

First Post
Looking up from the desk in frustration, Quioan turns to the party's employers. "Not having much luck over here - I might move on to the next room on this floor."

OOC: Not sure what your take is on this, but since Quioan leveled after our encounter, my perception modifier should have been +8, rather than +4. I'd understand if you just wanted to keep the original modifier used, however.

Since I can't really do much else in this room, I'll move into the next room on this floor and have a look.

[sblock=Stats] Stats:
HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 14)
CMD: 18
Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +4
Perception: +8
Spells:
- 0: Read Magic, Detect Magic, Flare
- 1: Mage Armor (*used*), Gravity Bow, Enlarge Person
Bonded Item: Unused
Active Magic: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic's attention is drawn to the burnt books in the fireplace. He kneels down with a loud series of pops and creaks as his joints settle, and then begins to dive into the ashes looking for anything intact enough to examine.

OOC: Sorry for the lack of posting. Im currently moving back to my home country NZ after 12 years overseas. Im offline but will try my best to post when and where I can. Finding things is not Relics forte but lets see if he lucks out! Edit: Looooool! Hilarious! Crit! What's he see? Btw: permission to level up?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Quioan searches the bedroom further down the hallway. It is a small room with a simple dresser and a small bed. Going through the drawers, Quioan does not find anything of note. He does note that Frickard's clothes were of modest quality despite his supposed success. Either his success wasn't as strong as popularly believed, or he lived frugally and placed his fortunes into his inventions.

Quioan comes back and joins Kazanto in going through some of the books and papers along room. Most of the notes are dull, detailing simple items purchased such as food for the pantry, or are letters to different city leaders asking for support for various projects. One scroll catches their attention eye, however. Unlike the other notes there is only one simple phrase: "Krif Card". (OOC: Quioan would have founded this on his own if he had used the +8 bonus to the check, so I just made it happen alongside Kazanto's successful check)

Relic goes through the debris in the fireplace. It looks as if someone was trying to destroy some of the inventor's works and a large amount of his notes. A large vial of glass was thrown in, and broken, though some of the residue still rests on the glass and wasn't completely burned off.

OOC: Relic is investigating the residue on the glass and must choose to make a DC Knowledge (Engineering) or Appraise Check.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: By all means, level up if you can. This is a good time to do it. For those that are spellcasters, I won't allow new extra spell slots to be filled until a night's rest.

Remove ads