[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling woman actually feels rather tired from participating in the ritual. While she eats a little before bed she reads up (if they are in her book) on the enemies.

When the others talk to her of why they came she focuses her attention on them and listens carefully. She nods at Ioseph and is story of helping others and replies, "I have come from across the sea, many months of travel encountering many dangers from the weather to the denizens of the deep. I decided to help Mr Gnome," she pauses and considers her answer before she answers, "As it was something more than acting an emissary in Venza. It is adventure that will help others. My past was not always so, and I sought a darker path then."

She nods to Arianna, "Aye, knowledge is a power all its own. I came to realize this many years before." She smiles.

After another hour or so Saranna yawns and turns in, "Good evening to you all. I must get my rest." She bows and turns in.

Qik

First Post
Despite the cramped setting, the group sleeps well, perhaps in part owing to the burgeoning companionship. After a wonderful breakfast of tea, hot scones, and an assortment of homemade jams, the gnome hands over the map he drew up for the four; it's somewhat crude in appearance, but it will suffice. For his part, the gnome intends to remain at his cabin, and he continues to issue instructions as the quartet heads for the door. "Now remember," he says for the innumerable time, "be CAREFUL in those woods. They're home to all sorts of foul creatures." When the others ask if there is something more to his warnings - a bit of prescience, perhaps - he waves them off. "Just the customary precautions, nothing more," he explains.

Carrying their gear, including both the supplies the gnome gave them last night as well as more than enough food for two days' travel ("Just in case,"), the four good time. Passing through the cave, this time without incident, they travel on foot for about three hours, passing through rolling hills that become increasingly covered with trees. After a time, they reach the edge of what appears to be a forest proper, recognizing it as the begins of the fey-filled forest within which lies the cave they seek. Readying themselves for whatever lays ahead, the four enter.

[sblock=OOC]Perception rolls and any additional actions, please. Also, let me know who's carrying what in terms of the potions. Ioseph and Thuvian, remember to update your wiki pages if you want to change the spells you have prepared.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Staring into the forest Ioseph wonders at what might lay ahead to try and stop them from retrieving the gnomes magical cards.

"Does anyone know what a dark-MAN-tell is?"
he asks griping his warhammer a little more firmly.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Standard:
Free:
Swift:
5' step:[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] I didn't know that the spells need changed there. Will do so if that is the rule. This is my first caster in the LPF. Only switched out for light since we were headed to a cave.

Ioseph has one of the potions - listed below. And if it's ok I will have him take 6 of the darts as just in case weapons. They are the wrong size, his warhammer is the wrong size, so it all fits - LOL.

darts(6) (+1, d3+2, critx2, 20')[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Perception: +2, Sense Motive: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: warhammer (+0, 2d6+3, critx3)

Consumables:
potion of cure light wounds (d8)

Special Abilities:
Channel Energy(positive, 1d6): 5/5
Deflection Aura: 1/1
Strength Surge (+1): 5/5

Spells
Orisons: Guidance, Stablize, Light
1st Level: Shield of Faith, Magic Weapon, d- Shield[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]If you're posting a statblock (which you obviously are), then it isn't a big deal. It's just that sometimes when I'm doing the crunch I have tabs open everywhere, and it's easier to go just open everyone's wiki page. No worries though, as long as I know what spells you've prepared, one way or another.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian has his crossbow out, and softly tells Nora in Abyssal to help out with the watching things, which she will grudgingly do, knowing that he only asks that when he truly feels the need.

[sblock=spells]Thuvian is keeping his spells the same for now, not really having a reason to change any.[/sblock]

[sblock=Thuvian's mini stats]
Thuvian Darklight
Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (13 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 7 Current: 2
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +3(5 vs illusions)

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow (+3/1d8)
Notable Effects:

Darkness 1/day
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

Upon coming to this wilder wood where everyone is expecting trouble, Arianna stops for a bit to prepare her defenses. "I don't know of these dark man tels. So, it is likely they do not swim."

[sblock=actions]cast mage armor, walks point with the spear gun (refluffed light crossbow) in hand. Carrying one potion and no scrolls.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 18
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: mage armor
In hand: none

Consumables: 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds, 40 spear gun bolts, 4 days rations
Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception +10, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 10/11, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Longspear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Active Enhancements: Mage Armor 1 hr
In hand: spear gun loaded[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Although Arianna is unable to recall much about darkmantles, her and Thuvian both remember a few elements from what they saw in the vision the previous evening: they were clearly aggressive, cave-dwelling creatures, their many tentacles seemed perfect for grappling and ensnaring foes, and the presence of unnatural darkness seemed to suggest that the creatures had a limited ability to magically alter light levels.

[sblock=OOC]I had meant the divination scene to in part be a fact-finding mission, so I think it's only fair to give you some information based on the rolls from that session.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

"Oh, that might have been the name of the cave squids in the vision that attack from above. Looked like nasty critters who could bend shadows. When in the cave, look up too."

"Air squids. That's just wrong."

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling will take some food and the remaining potions (3) unless another asks for them. She tucks them away safely and thanks the Mr. Gnome. She heads out with the others... Remaining silent and listening.

(( Perception 1d20+8=12 Nothing to see here...))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats]Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 8 of 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
In Hand: mithral rapier +4 (1d4) and shield [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As the party enters the forest, they can't help be feel as though they're being watched. Nora seems especially agitated, and she rises from Thuvian's shoulder on several occasions, hissing at an unseen target. When the others check, however, they are unable to find the source of her agitation.

Making their way deeper into the forest, the group remains vigilant. After a time, they begin to hear a muffled sound, like a failed attempt to suppress a snicker. As the sound continues, the group once again begins to scan the foliage for its source. It is Ioseph who spots the culprit - a manically grinning dog-like creature holding a tiny bow in one hand and an unidentifiable brown mass in the other. Ioseph shouts to the others and points.

[sblock=OOC]The monster beat you guys as a whole in the initiative game, but Ioseph rolled a natural 20, so he gets to act first, then the monster, then all of you; Saranna, Ariana, and Thuvian are flat-footed until it's your group's turn. FYI, trees provide cover and concealment. The creature would be identified with a Know. (Nature) check, so you guys are kind of SOL there.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
forest-map.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads