Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim rises and eyebrow. "Shut yer trap." he says cuttingly. "I'll go to bed and wait ye all here at morrow. Elf, Brother Myst." and he departs for a night's sleep.

gambler1650

Explorer
So, I take it that the plan appears to be to meet outside the Half and Human tomorrow morning ICly, and then go to the General Store (which opens - let's say a couple of hours after sunrise to allow Jorgen time to reorganize his stock as necessary)?

You guys can pick up wherever you like (here, or on the way to the store). I need to know the following:

1. What, if anything you plan to do tonight.
2. For Antares, your spell choices.
3. What you decide to wear as far as armor and/or weapons (openly or hidden).

Feel free to include the above in your first IC post on the new day unless there's something that I need to adjudicate tonight.

I also have opened a new thread to start the first series of adventures, at:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playin...n-chapter-1-chickens-demons-missing-girl.html

PS: The young woman's name is 'Anna'. ;)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim will wear his full set or armor and weapons. If he's dealing with demons, he'll not fool around. Muzdim plans to sleep and pray in the morning.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Muzdim rises and eyebrow. "Shut yer trap." he says cuttingly. "I'll go to bed and wait ye all here at morrow. Elf, Brother Myst." and he departs for a night's sleep.
"Master Stonehand," nods back the always polite Antares. "He was... almost pleasant, wasn't he?" A return to his smile: "Well, now that he is gone and cannot take offense, would it be wholly inappropriate to ask the Shining One to look favorably upon our endeavour, oh brother of Myst?" A sigh, a slight frown as he looks to the dwarf's retreating back... "I fear all might not be as pleasant as mead makes me hope this night... And we could, no doubt, use a God on our side."

Gentle elvish humour there at the end, but truly a strange thing it is, when one you have known since youth becomes touched by the Gods...

<Response Mysthyr?>

OOC: If Mysthyr does offer a blessing, Antares will join his hands and respectfully lower his head during the proceedings.
[sblock=Actions tonight]Antares would like to go report the magical assault incident to the local militia tonight (and, eventually, to the magical community at large ("eventally" because that will likely mean going through his father :()). Is that doable?[/sblock]

Myst nodded his agreement and with arms raised to the heavens began, "Almighty Pelor, I beseech you, shine your holy light upon our endeavors, help us to overcome any obstacles along our righteous path, and light our way should we happen to veer off course. All grace to you, mighty Shining One."

When he finished, he nodded at the others. "See you in the morning." He then left to get some sleep.

OOC: In the morning, Myst will be fully dressed in his armor and carrying his weapons openly. His holy symbol (the special one!) will be prominently displayed.

gambler1650

Explorer
Ok, thanks everyone for the roleplay in the prologue. Everyone gets 100 XP for moving things along and roleplaying. In addition, I tried to give everyone an appropriate low level magic item to start with. Putting up the NPC list on the new thread in a few minutes, and will be contacting a couple of players regarding the next day's preps and final tweaks to said magic item... (Binder Fred, and Toric Arthendain).

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares:

[sblock=Antares: Actions Tonight]You can find the militia easily enough. They seem mostly some combination of amused/annoyed though none is overtly hostile, and blame it on youthful exuberance and imaginings. Except for one militia member who pauses for a moment in thought, then shakes his head saying, "Jorgen's just having a bad couple of days. He'll be his usual self tomorrow, you'll see."[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Bosco turns up the next morning, drinking a steaming mug of Morning Brew. True to his word, he's acquired a tin cup, some pencils, and a rag to drape over his eyes, indicating blindness. He also has all of his adventuring gear with him and bristles with preparation and an eagerness to spring into action.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[...] "All grace to you, mighty Shining One."
"All grace," echoes Antares as he raises his lowered head and parts respectfully joined hands. "And well said. Your Teacher must be proud." A pause, a slow smile: "Or is it 'relieved'?"

<Response Mysthyr?>

When he finished, he nodded at the others. "See you in the morning." He then left to get some sleep.
"I will try to warn the militia of the potential threat," nods the young elven mage, as he too departs. "I might very well be home somewhat late, Bo."

One last look back, through the inn's window, and then he is on his way. (Hm, puzzling inactivity... But perhaps the presence of off-duty militia hampered him?)

[sblock=Antares muses. Not essential reading.]As he softly walk in the gathering gloom, gathering his starry robes to him against the sharpening air, his thoughts can't help being filled with the events of the day.

Indeed, what a difference a day makes! Just this morning he was looking at the short end of the pier, ressources dwindling and nothing but long years of uninspiring work in front of him -- un-scholarly work! Goodbye to his beloved research, greetings oh so reluctant to the "practical" magics of farm or industry -- or worse, war and mercenariness...

But now! Mysteries were afoot, more than ever he could have dreamed existed in quiet Ascandar. Mysteries led to knowledge, and knowledge is life - Pleasure? Direction. Knowledge is joyful direction (just the thought of that potential, possible, altogether likely grimoire...). Indeed, earlier he gazed on opposition between Muzdin and himself, and did not think of commonality: that, of course, servants of the Secret Keeper would choose the path that led to juiciest mysteries, in that a twin to Antares' own heart! 'But in a box he would shut them, those iridescent mysteries, if he had choice, while to the whole of the learned would I instead speak them, my voice loud and proud!'

And Bosco! Girls and coins guaranteed indeed! "And it should be said that we have yet to show that we are capable of bringing solace to those we help, that we are, in deed, anything beyond younglings playing fort," is what he should have said to him. "These people know us, my friends, know the sometimes... unwise things we did as children." The group would have been vividly reminded of a certain barn fire inadvertently caused by a certain elf and human, or perhaps of a particularly embarrassing miss-cast in front of the entire town during a not-distant-enough Harvest Festival (entirely the elf's fault that time). "Who in their proper mind would offer great rewards to such as they think us to be? Truly, the greatest prize we should seek in this first adventure should be everlasting reputation and, eventually, fame!" As an aside to Bosco, "A condition that will bring every high-paying quests to us later on." And girls; girls as well!

Though perhaps not the right kind of girls, if there is such a thing? The young elf's thoughts take a series of convoluted detours through his own somewhat awkward attempts at contacting the weaker sex. Surely there is a way to improve upon such? What, in deed, could it be...?

Antares pauses, looks around with some puzzlement and then turns back: he's gone a good two streets past his destination! (Unfortunately not a rare occurrence.)

Even through his distraction the young elf finds the militia easily enough.[/sblock][sblock=Antares: Actions Tonight]
Except for one militia member who pauses for a moment in thought, then shakes his head saying, "Jorgen's just having a bad couple of days. He'll be his usual self tomorrow, you'll see."
"Has there been previous incidents at the store?" questions a suddenly concerned Antares.[/sblock]

gambler1650

Explorer
[sblock=Antares: Actions Tonight]

The somewhat grizzled militia man scratches his stubbly beard, squinting at the elf. "Not really any trouble. I was in his store a few days ago, had just walked in in fact, when he started yelling at a customer. Accused her of stealing something. Made her empty all her pockets with me there. She didn't have anything from the store but what she'd put on the counter to buy. He still didn't believe her, kind of got upset, but I told her to get out of there and told him to calm down. Came back the next day, just to kind of check up on things and he was his usual friendly self telling some new theory about how the giants will come here any day and wipe out the town without Eliaesel around. Man's got a doomsday prediction for every day of the week."

"Has there been previous incidents at the store?"
questions a suddenly concerned Antares.
[/sblock]

Remove ads