Announcing the ENnie Awards New Logo Contest!

reveal

Adventurer
Hi everybody!

Now that things have settled down from this year's awesome Gen Con, I thought it a great time to announce that the ENnies is changing it's logo. The extremely talented Claudio Pozas designed the awesome logo you see now but it's time for a change.

Starting October 1st, 2011, participants will have until the end of the year, December 31st, 2011, to submit their logo design. The winner will be announced in January of 2012 after the ENnies Staff has combed through the entries and decided on their choice for the future.

So what does the winner get? Not only will they be given credit in all material dealing with the logo but they will receive a code for a free, four-day badge for Gen Con 2012, which runs August 16-19th.

For more information, including the contest rules, check out the Logo Contest Form. Good luck!

Tony Law
ENnies Business Manager

Kzach

Banned
Banned
As awesome as a four day badge for Gen Con might be, it's worth practically zero to anyone who can't make it to Gen Con, which is the vast majority of the people you're trying to get to enter this contest.

reveal

Adventurer
As awesome as a four day badge for Gen Con might be, it's worth practically zero to anyone who can't make it to Gen Con, which is the vast majority of the people you're trying to get to enter this contest.
I think what you meant to say is, "this means nothing to me."

I doubt you speak for the 30,000 people who made it to Gen Con this year. I assume at least a few of them will be interested in this and I hope that by posting this announcement across multiple messageboards more of them will see it.

Besides, perhaps a free badge will be the impetus someone needs to finally go to Gen Con next year.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I think what you meant to say is, "this means nothing to me."

No, I speak of the vast majority of D&D players who don't live anywhere near Indiana, from which the overwhelming likelihood of anyone interested in doing this will come from.

I know Americans think that they are the centre of the known universe, but according to the rest of the world, they're not.

reveal

Adventurer
No, I speak of the vast majority of D&D players who don't live anywhere near Indiana, from which the overwhelming likelihood of anyone interested in doing this will come from.

You speak for yourself. Besides, Gen Con is about more than just D&D.

I know Americans think that they are the centre of the known universe, but according to the rest of the world, they're not.

Again, you speak in generalizations. I think no such thing.

Last edited:

Twowolves

Explorer

Wow, and I thought the international concensus was that Americans were rude??

1) The ENies are about more than D&D, obviously;
2) Not only do Americans living outside of Indiana go to Gen Con, but in fact, people from all over the world attend;
3) Your post implies that only non-Americans have the artistic talent to enter and win this contest.

I'd say you had your three strikes and are thus out, but that would mean I, as an American, assume you know something about baseball, which would be arrogant and self-centered of me. So instead I'll say you got yourself into a sticky wicket or somesuch.

Do you know what I think would be really cool. Designing a brilliant logo, winning the Gencon prize, and donating it to one of the good folk here I know who would love to go to Gencon or to one of my favourite podcasters as a way of paying them back for all the wonderful listening they have provided me with [thinking specifically of this years silver ennie award winning podcast team].

There are so many things I could do with the prize, [none of them involving me due to similar distance to you Kzach - Sydney (me), Melbourne (you)]. Sometimes I simply don't understand why you say the things you do. :erm:
I think it would be nice of you to edit your post.

And if nothing else your silly statement has encouraged me to enter this competition.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

My understanding is that they don't have a large cash budget to throw at prizes - folks with small budgets have to get creative to find attractive options, and then no matter what they pick, there'll be large swaths of folks who won't be interested. That's life.

If you're actually trying to help, do something more constructive than poop on the idea of their prize.

Remove ads