Rejection for DDI article isn't so bad

vagabundo

Adventurer
It's fairly common for games to ban references to violence against children. In most video games, children are immune to harm, if they appear at all.

Yeah, I agree. Bioshock being a very notable exception. On my playthrough I had to save all those little sisters.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Has anyone heard of the WotC code of ethics? My big bad guy violated them :/ I checked on the website but could find anything.

In my recent experience, WotC's code of ethics seems to be somewhere in the PG to soft PG-13 range. To use movie examples, the Dark Knight would probably be in violation, while the original Star Wars trilogy is just right.

BD

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
I just want to echo the sentiments expressed in this thread about Chris Perkins. I’ve had the opportunity to work with Mr. Perkins on a few projects, and in my experience, he is one of the nicest, most professional guys in the industry. The constructive feedback you guys are getting on your submissions doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

BD

jffdougan

First Post
more updates

I heard over the weekend about all but one of my remaining submissions. Of those, one is a "maybe"; the others are all assorted "no's."

A drop-in temple (a la tavern profile series) is in a "wait-and-see; repitch in April/May" mode while they see what the reaction is to the Tavern Profile series. Item sets are a "no go" that never caught traction w/ the player base. A proposed vestige pact hexblade was nixed because warlocks have gotten lots of attention in print & DDI support over the last year or so. The article I was most nervous about my chops to pull off got passed over because the pitch was too vague. (The last is a fair criticism; I'd originally intended to try to focus is more over the next 6 mos. -- well, 4 now -- but decided to toss it in at the last minute.

The "maybe" is one I'd be writing in conjunction with Shroomy. Chris said he likes the idea, but it doesn't fit into any of their planned upcoming themes. He's going to discuss it with the design & development team at their next meeting and greenlight it if they like it.

Item sets are a "no go" that never caught traction w/ the player base.
Thanks for that -- I was planning to pitch some item sets in the Spring, but now I know not to bother.

In the spirit of sharing:

An alternate initiative system was "no". (I had figured it would be a long shot, but what the heck.)

Shroomy

Adventurer
In my recent experience, WotC's code of ethics seems to be somewhere in the PG to soft PG-13 range. To use movie examples, the Dark Knight would probably be in violation, while the original Star Wars trilogy is just right.

BD

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that the non-explicit sexual content wasn't cut from "Oasis of the Golden Peacock."

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Has anyone heard of the WotC code of ethics? My big bad guy violated them :/ I checked on the website but could find anything.

While I realize it's probably a lot of work to put together, it would be really nice to have a list of all the don't-bothers, veterans-only, already-fulls, and must-haves. Knowing the constraints makes developing the right ideas much easier.

I will poke WotC to see if I can get you answers.

Remove ads