Rejection for DDI article isn't so bad

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
This may be the most positive thread on ENWorld ever--and most of the posts concern people's rejection letters. Very cool. I am impressed with the attitudes displayed here. Nicely done, people.
win.gif

WotC should make this into an online commercial or blurb: "We disappoint people in the nicest way!" :D

jffdougan

First Post
While I realize it's probably a lot of work to put together, it would be really nice to have a list of all the don't-bothers, veterans-only, already-fulls, and must-haves. Knowing the constraints makes developing the right ideas much easier.

I have created such a thread at the WotC forums, figuring it's a more appropriate place for it.

Here I'll update the main post as people contribute to that thread.

Shiv

Explorer
It's official. My various proposals for this round have been rejected, though a couple of them have been given the "re-submit next time" tag.

Responses from Chris Perkins defined the specifics of why each proposal was rejected. Much better than receiving no word. Kudos to the WotC guys for providing such feedback.

Back to the drawing table.

Craig Campbell

jffdougan

First Post
It's official. My various proposals for this round have been rejected, though a couple of them have been given the "re-submit next time" tag.

Responses from Chris Perkins defined the specifics of why each proposal was rejected. Much better than receiving no word. Kudos to the WotC guys for providing such feedback.

Back to the drawing table.

Craig Campbell

Anything worth adding to the "No thanks, ever" thread?

Shiv

Explorer
Here's what I've learned from submitting this time.

1. Avoid things that hearken to D&D's past of devil and demon worship. Adventures that play into devil worship (including "deals with the devil") will be summarily rejected.
2. Regarding Backdrops, Wizards folks favor articles that describe locations in previouly-published material over all-new, custom-designed backdrops that aren't specifically tied to published campaign settings.
3. Content built around seafaring is already in the works.
4. Sidetreks and adventures built around the D&D trope of "road bandits" has been done before. There's a sidetrek in the works in this theme.
5. Bazaar of the Bizarre articles are submitted often. Don't propose such an article unless you have a GREAT hook for such an article.

Craig Campbell

Remove ads