'Origin' of Your User Name

Shadoe's Lady

First Post
My husband's user name is Shadoe. Since I always say he's the gamer and I'm just the wife I thought "Shadoe's Lady" was appropriate. Although, now that he's got me posting, it's harder to make the argument that I'm just the wife. :)

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Mastermind = Only thing I could think of that wasn't taken when I first came here years ago.

I rather dislike it nowadays and I usually go by the name Viking Bastard or Overlord everywhere else.

I just don't like changing IDs.

Li Shenron

Legend
I use a different name for each place I use to visit on the web. Having very many of them, and a very limited fantasy, I always borrow them from somewhere, at most altering them a little.

"Li Shenron" is the name of the last villain in the last series of japanese anime Dragonball, although the name is probably different in the original language, and in the english version.

In case you own the Oriental Adventures, Shenron is probably altered from Shen-Lung, the "spirit eastern dragon" IIRC.

BTW, if anybody can find for me a portrait picture of DBGT's character Li Shenron to be used as an avatar, I would be very greatful :)

Sir Trent

Explorer
Trent

Trent was the name of a 1st edition D&D character I played years ago. I was umpiring a Jr. Babe Ruth baseball tournament at the time and a kid named Trent drove three baseballs out of the park in one game, so it was on my mind when I rolled up the character. Plus it's half-way related to my own name (Trevis). My Trent was a Ranger and died a senseless death at the tender age of Level 12. With the entire party dead but my character, Trent fought an epic battle to escape the ungodly horde our DM dropped on us. Trent had rescued all the bodies of his friends, tied them onto a string of horses and was about to make his escape when an invisible stalker, the last living monster in the complex, killed him from behind. That was my first TPK.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Trent

Trent was the name of a 1st edition D&D character I played years ago. I was umpiring a Jr. Babe Ruth baseball tournament at the time and a kid named Trent drove three baseballs out of the park in one game, so it was on my mind when I rolled up the character. Plus it's half-way related to my own name (Trevis). My Trent was a Ranger and died a senseless death at the tender age of Level 12. With the entire party dead but my character, Trent fought an epic battle to escape the ungodly horde our DM dropped on us. Trent had rescued all the bodies of his friends, tied them onto a string of horses and was about to make his escape when an invisible stalker, the last living monster in the complex, killed him from behind. That was my first TPK.

My brother's name is Trent. But he couldn't hit three baseballs out of the park as a kid. He couldn't hit three tennis balls out of the backyard as a kid...

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Lanefan was for a very long time my longest-serving and best-known character: a no-BS Fighter who would argue with anyone. Seemed appropriate for a discussion board. :)

As for the name itself, it comes from a language I and some others waved at inventing many years ago and never did anything with: in that language 'La' means 'Man' and 'Nefan' means 'Moon'; Lanefan thus means 'Man [of the] moon'...which also fits well. :)

Also, this means it's pronounced in three syllables: lan-ef-an. Can't count how many times I've heard it pronounced as if I'm a supporter of someone named Lane...

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Salthorae was one of my early 2e characters.

Elven Ranger devoted to Shevarash in hunting the drow. Great fun character.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases