'Origin' of Your User Name

mirzabah

First Post
"Mirzabah" was the name of one of my favourite characters - a dwarven fighter. It actually comes from one of the Dune novels - means "Foe Hammer".

Dristram

First Post
Origins of Dristram

Dristram was my first ever 3E charcter, a Fighter/Rogue. He had three fighting styles. Either two short swords, spiked shield and short sword, or simply the short bow.

I came up with the name Dristram from Tristram, one of King Arthur's knights. And I chose Tristram because I used to have the alternanate form, Tristan, as my personna name as a Landsknecht (German Mercenary) at Renaissance Faires.

:)

Taloras

First Post
Taloras Tamuril was an elven character i used to RP as online......havent played as him in years, but neither of my other 2 characters where memorable....Sarius and Vaynard really didnt do very well.....Im still known as Tal on most message boards online, if not the full Taloras.

I've lurked here a loong time, and I had to think about a username that fit me a while ago, when I finally decided to post..

I feel kind of like I'm a part of two worlds, and yet still part of neither. In many ways it is easier socially to be either normal hearing, or deaf... But as I'm hard of hearing with knowledge of sign language, I can function reasonably good in both worlds, but not 100% in either.. So my username thus became Citizen of 2 worlds.

Actually, since I took the name, I have started to feel that it is a strength to be able to communicate with both speech and signing, and not just being in a no-mans land socially.

I considered other alternatives.. Initials? M.U.F.F doesnt sound really good.. its a word in english.. bleh.

RPG based? Hmm.. I've mostly DM'ed.. (And not at all the last years) I remembered some names from my first session RPG'ing (a swedish RPG called Drakar & Demoner) - my brother promptly made a character called wrieth (wraith spelled wrong).. And funnily, those characters weren't really good.. stats like 7,9,9,11,10, 13 or something.. Power gaming came later.. :rolleyes:

No, none of those early game names were much to choose from.. the other player in my first game actually was my father.. his character was Sikatos.. which _also_ was a misspelling..

Hm.. I migh have thought entirely too much about a user name, sonsidering i post so seldom.. ( But here's to posting more in the future.. :) )

EvilMountainDew

First Post
Well, I used to be known as EvilMountainDew, which was from an ooold Blizzard clan (it spanned over most games Blizzard made) and we were the Evil Soda Clan I was EvilMountainDew and there were EvilCherryPepsi (who might join these boards) EvilOrangeSoda and many many more

This one goes on about my fanatacism with MountainDew and that im addicted to the stuff

paqman

First Post
Champions also

My name comes from a character I played in Hero/Champions also. He was a supers with the power to see far away with a claivoyance power.

Talvisota

First Post
Was my first email address.

It is Finnish for "Winter War," the Soviet invasion of 1939-40. I focused on the diplomatic developments that led up to this war in my thesis.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
One of my favorite characters. I merged two german words: Zauber = magic; Krieg = war (give or take translations). Combined Zaukrie = magical warrior.

godfear

Explorer
Some call it faith.

I first started using the handle when I needed a username for my new DSL account, because my old (and painfully overused) nickname "zero" was, of course, taken. It was either inspiration or recollection, but if the latter, I have no idea what it came from.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Well, AGGEMAM, pronounced A - GE - MAAAM (3 A's), is danish baby language and means 'is it food'.

The phrase was used in a comic radio series called 'Gramsespektrum' (Snuggle-spectacle) for young adults a number of years ago.

When coming here the first time and being asked for a username it was really the first thing that came to mind.

Last edited:

Remove ads