Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

FourMonos

First Post
The battle is both exilarating and frightening. The swinging blades, blows traded back and forth. But when Merri sees the barbarian strike El Chupacabra, she gets mad.

"Marrgash! That barbarian hit your fairy!"

The goon is pushed back by Marrgash, so Merri steps up and takes her anger out on the nearest ax wielding brute. The diminutive human is again under estimated when she approaches. The barbarian's confidence turns to fear as Merri stabs her rapier rapidly around the slower ax. The blade slides smoothly through his hide armor, piercing lungs and causing the barbarian to collapse, only to breath his last breath. Merri looks stronger after the blow, almost as if she fed off his last dying emotions...

Merri's exiliration at defending the fairy emanates off her in palpable waves. Her allies are bolstered by the emotions and draw upon its strength.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Move to U-28

Standard: Energizing Strike vs. H7 (augment 2): Hit AC 17 Roll Lookup which kills the minion. Since it was Augment 2, one ally in 5 squares can spend a healing surge. I would lean toward Caim because she is currently in hand to hand combat, but cases could be made for Nalkyr and el Chupacabra. Basically, you guys decide. First come, first served.

Free: Psionic Vampirism: hit with augmented at will attack: Merri gains a healing surge.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16

HP 24/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 3/2
Vulneribility: 5 radiant

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 1

Power Points: 0

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Secone Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
*Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
*Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
*Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
The blow smashes the winged horror on the ground, but not for long. It shakes his head, cleans his wings of snow and quickly flies towards one of the surviving barbarians, latching onto him and viciously biting. He tears a good piece of him, but it's only clothes.

[sblock=actions]
Start of turn: Take 5 ongoing, which depeletes 3 temporary hit points and deals 2 actual damage.
Move: To current position, ending at altitude 1. Notice that the flying rules IIRC allow to fly higher than the altitude limit as long you end your turn at the maximum allowed altitude. This means I can fly higher than the barbarian's threatened area, not needing to surround them to arrive at the desired position.
Standard action: Five storms on close burst 1, targeting S1 and B1. Both attacks fail.

Move: Fly to R28, attacking B1 with fallen needle. Keeping the rolls from the ammended turn, the attack fails.

Minor: Fallen needle movement technique, shifting to current position. Since I'm flying I suppose the rules for difficult/slippery terrain don't apply, unless it's a very strange snow

End of turn: Successfully save VS ongoing damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 28/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 1
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I hate to say it, but having just looked at the map, both Noctua and El Chupacabra should take 5 fire damage for entering the Argent Flame zone

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: You're right. I made my post in a hurry, not wanting to delay the posting any longer, and thought the area was something entirely different. Also, one of my character's targets was dying so using five storms wasn't the best option. I'll edit the post so it's less idiotic

Son of Meepo

First Post
Though you'd expect most enemies to give up or flee by now, the remaining barbarians press on despite their losses. The attack with broadswords, one swinging at the tiny fairy but missing the diminutive creature.

The other moves in and swings at Nalkyr, but Caim rushes in and throws herself into the way of the attack, though she is injured, she counter attacks, but the barbarian is able to parry the blow.

[sblock=Barbarian Braves]Brave 1
Move: Shift
Standard: Damage;Attack (Chupacabra) (1d10+6=13, 1d20+8=18) (MISS)

Brave 2:
Move: As indicated
Standard: Damage;Attack(Nalkyr) (1d10+6=10, 1d20+8=25) (HIT, INTERRUPTED)
vs Caim (HIT)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Caim]Guardian's Counter: Eldritch Strike (Brave 2) (1d6+4=9, 1d20+7=16)[/sblock]

GM: Turn Summary

Brave 1 misses El Chupacabra
Brave 2 hits Nalkyr but is interrupted by Caim who takes the attack instead, getting hit for 10 damage.
Caim misses with the counter attack

I chose to have Caim use Eldritch Strike because it would have resulted in the Brave bein slid back into the Argent Fire zone, getting hit for entering then getting hit again for ending his turn. Alas, it didn't work out for you.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo , can you include a link to the map each time you post a new round? Not crucial, but it'd be convenient. Oh, and you made a good call on Eldritch Strike.

@Someone , if you come flank B2 with me it'd be nice. I think B1 is going down. EDIT: Nevermind, won't make a difference.

@Medina , I could use a heal.

Caim demonstrates her psionicly enhanced agility again as one of the barbarians swings at Nalkyr. She dashes forward and pulls Nalkyr out of the way, intending to bear the blow and deliver a swift counterattack. Her weapon alight with eldritch light (magic that is apparently non-psionic, strangely), Caim swings at her new opponent's head, but she finds her strike is narrowly parried.

Never one to back down, Caim ignores her injuries and pours her mind into a follow-up attack that would incapacitate the warrior, but she finds herself blocked again. Caim scowls.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Battlemind's Demand vs B1, B1 is marked UEoE
Standard: Ready Action, Twisted Eye Aug2 MISS B2 AC 12
Trigger: An ally enters N26, B2 grants CA some other way, or the last of my allies ends their turn this round.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP:0
HP: 29/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 9/13 (Merri's heal included)
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]
[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step.

Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Guardian's Counter is triggered, for example) she will use Eldritch Strike. If it's an OA, will spend 1 PP to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases