Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Medina

Explorer
OOC: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] - I'm a little unsure how to use Virtue of Valor in pbp (since I might not be aware for several posts). Can I give 3thp on my turn for the previous round, if conditions are met by someone?

Or should I let the first person to achieve kill or bloody someone in range take them on their turn?

I've assumed it's OK to give them to El Chupacabra for killing a minion on the previous round, and they're up for grabs for this round (after the monsters)?

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'd like Caim to be slid to Q28, unless cutting the corner on R29 counts as entering an Ice square, which I don't want to risk- if that's the case, slide her to R28.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Yep. Once per round you can choose to give someone the temps. As long as a whole round hasn't passed since the triggering event, you can declare it.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], and anyone else that is considering engaging S1 this round, remember that S1 takes an attack penalty that increases with each ally that is adjacent to him. [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION], Noctua counts as my ally and so he can increase that penalty by being adjacent as well.

Medina

Explorer
GM: Yep. Once per round you can choose to give someone the temps. As long as a whole round hasn't passed since the triggering event, you can declare it.

OOC: Great. In that case, what I propose to do is what I did this turn - start my turn with who gets temps for the previous round (between the enemy actions).

It means that people are getting temps late (and after monsters have struck), but it seems the easiest way to do things.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Noctua moves up between B1 and S1 and lets out that unsettling screeching roar. Ilex moves up the dock a bit and seems to be gathering electricity in her right hand. She points towards the scout and lets a bolt of lightning fly. She grumbles in frustration as the scout deftly avoids her bolt.
[sblock=actions]Move: Noctua shifts to R27
Ilex moves to S30
Standard: Witch Bolt (At-Will Standard Ranged 5 ✦ Arcane, Evocation, Implement, Lightning) Wizard Attack 1
Target: One creature.
Attack: +4 vs Reflex
Hit: 1d10+4 lightning damage.
Sustain: Standard - Reroll the damage and deal it to the target again. Once the target is out of range, Ilex can't sustain this power.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 1
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 19
AC 14, Fort 12, Reflex 14, Will 16
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 8/8
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood, Witch Bolt, Light, Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: Chameleon's Mask, Hamadryad Aspects, Glorious Presence
Daily Powers: Augury, Healing Word, Arcane Whirlwind[/sblock]

[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 14, Fort 12, Reflex 14, Will 16
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 12/12 Bloodied 6, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +0[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pliantreality

First Post
A barbarian's javalin whipped by Nalkyr, opening up a deep gash on his right upper thigh. The young eladrin hooted in pain, dropping to one knee. The barbarian on his right wasted no time wading in, and Nalkyr only just managed to fend off the worst of his assault.

His leg was numb. The young eladrin wished he could simply touch the Green again to escape, but that was impossible right now.

Spinning his feyblades in defensive arcs in front of him, Nalkyr fought to his feet and faced the barbarian. Desperation guided his weapons as they dipped and dove, seeking an opening.

The barbarian swung at Nalkyr with a vicious, two-handed overhead- eager to finish him off. A throb of anger pulsed out from Nalkyr's chest. He was better than this. He was better and he would prove it.

Lunging forward into the descending arc, Nalkyr swept his right feyblade up to meet it. He did not block the strike, but guided it aside such that the barbarian's momentum continued forward. Right into Nalkyr's left feyblade. The elegant weapon found purchase in the barbarian's throat, and the barbarian's rush carried him forward until half the blade extended through his neck.

Nalkyr managed a single inelegant sidestep, dropping his weapon so the barbarian's corpse could finish its momentum slide off. A vicious thrill ran through him and he snapped his weapons up.

The tempest of blades. The dance of steel. Nalkyr lived for this.

[sblock= Actions]
Standard: Twin Strike, H2
Minor: Sustain Hunter's Quarry
Free: Feel pretty good about self
[/sblock]

OOC:
Critting is nice. Critting on a Minion is somewhat unnecessary.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Note: You don't have to spend an action to sustain Hunter's Quarry each round. You only need to use the minor action again when you wish to quarry a different target.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara gave another feral snarl at the nearest barbarian, then she stepped away from him and rushed at the toughest-looking foe. She lashed out with the tangle of leather braids in her right hand, snagging the scout's left leg- and then pulling her foe forward, directly onto her own blade...

[sblock= OOC]
>Move: shift to U29
>Standard: Charge to S 27; Net MBA at Scout (vs. AC); 1d20+10= 26 (hit, for 10 damage and Scout is Slowed util end of Lenyara's next turn); roll Roll Lookup
>Free: Dual-weapon attack at Scout (vs. AC); 1d20+11= 31 (crit; 11 damage, plus 5 for weapon- listed as power strike roll; it is the same die size, and saves another roll link; Scout is prone); roll Roll Lookup

>Summary: Scout takes 26 damage, slowed until end of next turn, prone; and apparently dying, if I used the spreadsheet thing right (had taken 33 previously +26= 59)
[/sblock]

Remove ads