Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Deciding not to visit the recluse warrior empty-handed, Amaya plops down 2 gp at the local pub for a cask of quality ale. Hoping to soften her request for training in the art of combat from a master with the ale, Amaya bids her companions " good day" and heads off toward the craggy peak of the nearby mountain, rumored to be the home of the wild warrior she hopes will be her mentor.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Amaya Kam

Hiking up the rugged tor, Amaya sees a snare set across her path. Knowing that she has no particular skill in spotting such things, Amaya surmises that perhaps she was intended to see the trap. Drawing closer, Amaya keeps a watchful eye out to see if anyone is perhaps luking nearby to monitor the snare. Camouflaged in the foliage nearby, she spots a burly man dressed in bearskin with a cap made from the head of a smilodon, its great fangs framing his bearded face. "Ho, Tenderfoot. What brings you on a quest to find Jhouchim The Wild? Yes, yes, I know why you're here. The very birds and creatures bore me word of your arrival, and I am growing thirstier my the minute," he says with a wink. Amaya suspects that the wild warrior is bluffing somewhat about the source of his knowledge, but she has no ready explanation for it.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Warlock Vertimis Abouchard

"Very well, it shall be done as you wish. Only remember where these spells lie when your purse is full!"

OOC: Iono needs to make one roll per spell, btw.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], can Raggs take one of the opal earrings...He wants to wheel and deal (and drink and smoke and deal s'more) to use the 500gp earring to cover his current thief level but also cover his fighter level (when he gets there, which should be shortly). A "down payment," if you will.

IC: Raggs rolls the opal earring (which he already said he was going to take) between his thumb and forefinger admiring it's obvious value. He listens, for a minute as Iono and Simon talk about the amount of coins and their training costs. No one seems to be noticing or speaking directly to him (or is no one around? Everyone seems to be at their own mentor's?). No one's told him he couldn't have the jewel.

OOC: Should I roll a move silently or pick pockets or something to just leave with the earring without anyone noticing? (Being a thief in online games is harrrd when ya gotta post stuff all the time. lol.)

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], can Raggs take one of the opal earrings...He wants to wheel and deal (and drink and smoke and deal s'more) to use the 500gp earring to cover his current thief level but also cover his fighter level (when he gets there, which should be shortly). A "down payment," if you will.

IC: Raggs rolls the opal earring (which he already said he was going to take) between his thumb and forefinger admiring it's obvious value. He listens, for a minute as Iono and Simon talk about the amount of coins and their training costs. No one seems to be noticing or speaking directly to him (or is no one around? Everyone seems to be at their own mentor's?). No one's told him he couldn't have the jewel.

OOC: Should I roll a move silently or pick pockets or something to just leave with the earring without anyone noticing? (Being a thief in online games is harrrd when ya gotta post stuff all the time. lol.)
OOC: I have to tell you, sd, I'm not really crazy about the idea of the group's thief stealing from his own party more than he does from other people. Maybe he could find another target for his larceny? If he insists on doing this [stealing another gem from party treasure -- he's already gotten away clean with one], then yes, he'll have to succeed on both a Move Silently check first and then a Pick Pockets check, one check to be made right after the other, or else they'll bust him.

But, then, Raggs already did purloin one shiny way back when. If that's all you're referring to, then possibly he can do it. You'll need to roleplay the scene with Raggs's 'mentor' to whom he was already referred.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: I have to tell you, sd, I'm not really crazy about the idea of the group's thief stealing from his own party more than he does from other people. Maybe he could find another target for his larceny? If he insists on doing this [stealing another gem from party treasure -- he's already gotten away clean with one], then yes, he'll have to succeed on both a Move Silently check first and then a Pick Pockets check, one check to be made right after the other, or else they'll bust him.

But, then, Raggs already did purloin one shiny way back when. If that's all you're referring to, then possibly he can do it. You'll need to roleplay the scene with Raggs's 'mentor' to whom he was already referred.

OOC: I can appreciate that. It's not my favored way of playing either...but figured he is a thief and Chaotic Neutral...and without it being really malicious or anything, I could totally see Raggs just "helping himself." But you're right and I don't want to really stir up that beehive. So I'll leave it alone and if we sell them off then it's just as well.

Has Raggs noticed anyone who looks like they might not miss a little something that his potential mentor might enjoy? Raggs is still gonna share drinks and smokes with Thribbit though. Maybe just ask him straight out if there's anything he could "procure" for him to prove his worthiness of the halfling's training?

Leif

Adventurer
Raggs's Thievery

Yes, on his way to the tavern to meet with Thribbit, Raggs sees a stately elder woman, she may have some orcish blood in her ancestry judging from the prominent bicuspids, who is wearing a rather gaudy necklace of large pendent charms of various sorts, all of which appear to be made of precious metals and some of which bear gemstones of one sort or another.

OOC: I rolled another die for the second spell in the previous post.
As for the Jewels, I replied in the OOC thread

Iono is delighted that he managed to understand the two spells. He feels more powerful and proud. He can spring light with a simple word and can feel magical auras if he wants to. Iono is certainly pleased with himself as he returns to the tavern at night.

Remove ads