Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Iono's Magical Studies

What's it going to be, Raggs? Amaya? Simon and/or Iono have anything else to do? Anybody seen Ring? Where'd that confounded cleric get off to, anyway?

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Ok. I'll make a play for the necklace. (no guts, no glory...though sometimes glory leads to one's guts all over the place...but I digress)

IC: Raggs is not above coppin' a lil' feel to get in close enough for the necklace. If he's been working his woo, he'll play it up and go for the PP roll. If successful, he'll excuse himself shortly thereafter, paying the tab, of course!

"Well, my luscious sweet, time has been marching. I think I've held you long enough and would not see you suffer at the hands of your master. You've done a lonely explorer a great service with your lovely company. I do hope we'll see each other again."
throw in a little wink and dimpled smile (heck, if he's successful getting the necklace, he'll even throw in a peck on the cheek! :D) at the end and take his leave.

OOC: Are you rolling it or shall I?

Leif

Adventurer
1d100=40

WOOHOO!...Hang on...does that do it...? I changed my RG to 2nd level already...does 40 make it 1st level/pre-training?

OOC: 40% is right on the money for a 1st level halfling thief with a 17 dex. The gaudy baubles of the necklace should fetch 1,200 - 1,500 gp easily, PROVIDED that you can find a reliable and HONEST fence who is willing to pay full value for such an easily recognizable item, about which Raggs has his doubts.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: While it is true that the huntsman probably could do as well or better himself anything that Simon could offer to do for him, there's a good chance that he either:

a) has more to do than he has time to do it, and/or
b) there are simply certain tasks that he would prefer not to do because he finds them distasteful, and/or
c) he is a skilled hunter, but that does not mean that he is a very good combatant, and he may have troubles with some miscreants who need to be taught a good lesson.

Possibly all of the above?

Simon and Mikael eat of the forest's bounty provided to the huntsman, The conversation coming to a lull as the older man ponders something only he knows. The young ranger watches as a pipe is filled, lit and drawn upon.

S: "A copper for you thoughts?"

M: "uh uh, Dez worth mor' in that."

S: "What's on you mind then?"

M: "Badits aroun' town"

OOC: from here on is DM caveat . . . . .

Leif

Adventurer
Simon and Mikael

"The bandits is rumored to be working for a real heavy hitter who rarely show himself. Not sure what sort of a critter he may be. I'll need to be giving you some instruction before you go up again' him, though. But I can show you now where it seems that they most often like to hit travelers," Mikael tells Simon.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Do you mind if I recruit my travel companions to assist if needed? Thought imperfect, they are goodhearted. Mostly. I will need to do some scouting alone first, of course."

Remove ads