ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay retroclone

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Whoa whoa whoa guys! Pace yourselves...free RPG day is in June!

On the subject of updates, though, if I should theoretically find some typos or other recommendable edits in the book (free download), should I save my breath, or is your editor still open to input?

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Whoa whoa whoa guys! Pace yourselves...free RPG day is in June!

On the subject of updates, though, if I should theoretically find some typos or other recommendable edits in the book (free download), should I save my breath, or is your editor still open to input?

Let us know if you see any errors over at our website. We've broken down each chapter into its own thread to keep things organized: http://forum.strike-to-stun.net/viewforum.php?f=23

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Are any of you going to Pensacon this weekend?

Co-author Tanner Yea of ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG will be hosting a demo of 'A Bitter Harvest' at the Pensacola Grand Hotel on the second floor. You can get in on the action Friday the 17th, from 7PM-11PM. Spots are limited and are first come, first serve. There will be a sign-up book to reserve a spot, so show up a bit early to make sure your seat is secure. Tanner will be wearing a neon pink hat if you need to identify him in the room, or want to corner him at the convention to ask for rules clarifications, give feedback about your experience with Early Access or other questions related to Grim & Perilous Studios release schedule.

Participants will be entitled to receive the illustrated PDF of ZWEIHÄNDER when it is released in March. Be sure to pass your email address, along with your first and last name, to Tanner at the end of the game.
http://pensacon.com/

Happy gaming!

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Our art director Dejan is about to wrap up the remaining four pieces of art this week. In the meanwhile, I wanted to share our philosophical vision to art direction in ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG.

Our personal values strongly guided the writing process and art direction. On the outset of the project, Dejan, Tanner and I made the joint decision to include representation of all real-world races and genders throughout the book. In addition, these races are expressed in the art using female and male genders. This includes instances of transgendered and intersex characters and creatures. We also use nudity and sexuality throughout the book. In most cases, nudity is represented as the natural state of creatures, and at other times, we use it in tandem with sexuality. We hope you won't be dissuaded from enjoying ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG because of this.

Now... with that out of the way, I wanted to give you a taste of some of the new illustrations from our bestiary. Follow the link below (warning: NSFW)!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg/posts/1813848

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Happy early GM's Day!

Remember, you can pick up the FREE early access PDF of ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - all 625+ pages of gritty adventure - right now over at CrowdOx! Alternatively, you can pick it up over at DriveThruRPG

Have fun storming the castle!

maxresdefault.jpg

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Hey gang,

We're in the home stretch. Only a few more images remain before we complete layout!

As some of you may have heard in our AMA, we are going to be including the playtest adventure A Bitter Harvest into the main book! Originally written as a fan adventure for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay by Ovid and adapted for ZWEIHÄNDER, the adventure includes Chase Scenes, Combat Encounters, Social Intrigue and Wilderness Travel. It is meant to teach a GM how to use each of these tools during a game, while providing a structured adventure to better teach players how ZWEIHÄNDER’s mechanics work. Although most of the adventure requires the players to follow the story arc, it encourages investigation and critical thinking upon their part to put together a mystery, with a shocking resolution requiring the players to decide the best course of action to bring the adventure to a close. Although this adds about 21 pages, we wanted to ensure that GMs have a go-to adventure to introduce ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG to players.

If you aren't already following our Facebook page, you should take a moment to do so now. We've uploaded a handful of exclusive images for the campaign seeds of Gangs of Kahabro, The Lost Colony of Roanoke and Goth Moran Divided. Come check them out, exclusively on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grimandperilous/

Remove ads