[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
A heavy silence falls over those gathered around the uncouscious Domoh as Drev inspects the young dwarf. He finds Domoh's breathing shallow but present, a fever raging, and yellow circles under his eyes. The wood spirit confers with Audra, and the two decide that Domoh has ingested something poisonous - likely some sort of plant or mushroom. Further inspection will help reveal the specific source of the malady and it's appropriate treatment.

[sblock=OOC]Healing skill challenge (linked to the still-ongoing-but-nearly-complete "find Alecks' trail" skill challenge). Your first go was a success. You can use other skills to obtain bonuses to your Heal checks. Keep em coming.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim rummages in his pack and pulls forth a small vial, showing it to the others. "I 'ave dis anti-toxin dat might help."

[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim has a vial of anti-toxin he can give to the cause.

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I was anticipating having one more healing roll to identify the specific nature of the illness, then two to deal with that illness. At least, that was the framework I'd set up within the skill challenge.

My initial thought would be that if Domoh is administered the antitoxin, it would add a +2 bonus on your two heal checks to clear up the issue. How does that sound? This is open to negotiation; that's just my mildly off-the-cuff thought.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol frowns as he continues to examine Domoh. The wood man checks the young dwarf's teeth and tongue, feels the beat of Domoh's heart in his wrist, and examines his eyes. Humming thoughtfully, Drevezh'korol turns to the others specifically but announces to everyone present.

"He appears to have ingested some sort of plant or mushroom. Perhaps if we knew what it was we could treat it easier." He nods to Fulgrim. "Ah, yes. A general anti-toxin would help..."

Elenka squeezes through to approach the unconscious dwarf. "I have some small knowledge of plants. Perhaps if he ate something that resembled another plant... I may be able to recognize the poisoning by the symptoms." Mumbling a quick prayer the summoner calls on Erwahai's guidance.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]multiple apologies for falling offline, guys. Real life, work craziness, blah, blah, blah, no one needs to hear the list. I think I have things back under control enough to fit in posting again, though.[/sblock]

Realizing herb lore isn't in his current skill set, Eanos turns to the strangers in the room.

"Who found the boy?" he asks softly. "What were his surroundings like? Details matter. Little things poison; little things help," he says, turning his skills in gleaning information to the task at hand.

[sblock=ooc]I rolled two separate skills, since I wasn't sure how you'd interpret my theory on the first. Basically, I figure everyone in the room wants to help the kid, so no one needs to be coaxed (Diplomacy) into sharing what they might remember about the area where he was found.

HOWEVER, Eanos has the ability to interpret more out of what people say than their words would originally convey (Sense Motive). My thought is that part of his training in that is to pay attention to the specifics of language and notice what's not being specified. Which would mean he'd be able to point up vaguaries in other people's descriptions, helping them focus in on as much detail as they could. So, for example, if someone said "there were a couple of cows," or "there was a blue flower," Eanos could zero in on 'couple' and 'blue' to get a specific number or a better description of the hue, possibly helping point the healers in the direction of a culprit.

Like I said, whether you rule that's Diplomacy (Gather info) or Sense Motive is up to you. Eanos will apply a Silver Tongued use to whichever skill he's actually using:

Sense Motive; Diplomacy (add +2 to relevant roll) (1d20+14=31, 1d20+8=23)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"I found him," says a grizzled gnome, old even by the standards of his relatively long-lived race. "He was tucked in a copse of trees next to a hill south of the city; looked as though he'd holed up there for shelter."

Elenka, Drevez'Korol, and Eanos continue to speak with the old gnome for a few minutes further in hushed, urgent tones. At the inquisitor's prompting, the gnome is able to recall enough details to allow Elenka to make an informed guess as to the culprit. "Sour root," she says, the frown on her face deepening. "Resembles some edible plants in the area; very hard to differentiate the two."

"Aye, if m'boy 'ad gotten lost out there, 'e'd be tryin' tah feed himself off tha land. 'e knows a fair bit about edible plants, 'e does," says Galin. Looking sadly at Domoh's unconscous form, he adds, "Not enough, though, 'pparently."

Elenka places a reassuring hand on the dwarf's shoulder as Drev moves in to administer the antitoxin to Domoh. As the others gather around, Elenka whispers so that only the group can hear them. "We have to act fast. It's hard to tell how long it's been since he ate the sour root, but its poison works quickly, and we know that he's been lost for days now: if the sour root has been in his system for more than 48 hours, it could already be too late."

[sblock=OOC]That's two successful heal checks. Bonuses from Eanos's sense motive and Elenka's know (nature) were factored in. Two more heal checks to go.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra listens to the conversation about the root. She considers that, thinking on stories she's heard from other monks and others who have traveled the hard wilds. She remembers an herbalist who had entertained her and three others for hours with stories about strange and peculiar roots. She considers that while she helps Drev in whatever way she is able.

[sblock=ooc]No knowledge check, but will try a survival check, popping a ki point here for her to add a +4 to the survival check[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol bends back to his task of tending Domoh but speaks to those present in the room as he works.

"The anti-toxin will help but sour root is dangerous and it will take more than that to restore vigor to the youth. If your town holds a priest with access to the fourth valence of healing it would be wise to summon him. But we will do what we can. Yes?"

The wood man locks eyes with Audra and nods in recognition of her work for the dwarf.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
"Where are your kitchens?" Eanos says suddenly, turning his attention the the dwarven innkeeper. While he waits for an answer, he adds to Audra and Drev, "Imagine there's gotta be herbs there might be useful? Tell me what to look for."

Once he has both pieces of information, Eanos darts off with a prayer to Issolatha under his breath, rifling through the pantry as soon as he gets downstairs.

[sblock=ooc]Let's try this one: using Perception to search for ingredients in the inn's kitchens that can be put to use in staving off the poison (thus saving the healers some time to confer). It's Medieval MacGuyver. what's the renaissance version of a stick of gum? :D

Perception + Guidance (find ingredients) (1d10+12=18)[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The next few hours are tense. The group works to do all they can for Domoh, scraping together improvised antitoxins to go along with the general one Fulgrim had provided. Word comes that the healer will be delayed, increasing the importance of the group's ministrations. Finally, the healer arrives, a characteristically-lithe elf, all business, and the group gratefully passes on Domoh's care.

Everyone but Domoh's immediate family is ushered out of Domoh's room, and the five wait in the inn's tavern. The mood is solemn, and conversation is minimal. Finally, the healer is seen leaving, and Galin approaches the group, his weary grin already delivering the prognosis. "Healer says Domoh'll be alright, asides the talking to she'll return to give 'em about being certain about what you're eating when in the wild." Galin grows serious. "I can't thank ye all enough fer ye help. Healer seemed to think Domoh only made it as long as 'e did because a you lot. So, thank 'ee."

Galin turns his gaze specifically on Audra. "Missee, I need tah come clean: I know more about yer brother's whereabouts than I've let on. 'E's been hidin' out at me cabin in the woods. I don't know much 'bout the specifics, but I imagine 'e's 'idin' from the people yer friend mentioned earlier," he says, nodding at Eanos. "I knew 'e was in trouble, which is why I was so cautious with ye." Slightly bashfully, he adds, "I 'ope ye can fergive me for that."

"It's quite a trek out to the cabin, and the Wild Wood ain't the kind a place ye want tah traipse around in the dark. So I know yer eager to see your blood, m'gal, but I's suggest ye stay the evening here and we leave at first light. Deal?"

[sblock=OOC]You all had amassed such a wealth of bonuses that it was pretty much impossible to fail at that point, so I fast-tracked you through there. Skill challenge is complete now; I'd combined the healing challenge with the search one, and they both totalled out to a CR4 (1200 XP). Seems kind of small given the duration of our challenge, so I hope you don't feel short-changed. :p

We'll wind down this scene, you can let me know about any preparations you want to make, and we'll make our way out to the cabin.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases