D&D 5E 5e turned up to 11

Andor

First Post
I'm curious to see what kind of range of options people want to see 5e be capable of handling.

I think I have a pretty good feel for the lower end of things, I've been in and run gritty campaigns where you have to worry about food, healing, ammo and getting in way, way over your head. Honestly half the feel comes from actually making people track thier inventories.

At the upper end however what are we looking for? With all the bells, whistles and options turned up what should 5e look like?

Shooting two enemies with a single shot from a bow?

A dwarf, human and an elf running 60 leagues in a night and day while tracking their friends across a trackless plain?

Launching yourself out of a catapult to stab a flying dragon in the eye with your sword?

Evil witches turning armies to swine?

Wuxia Giff swinging below a griffon to knock thri-kreen sabateurs from the towers of Sharn while the Mad Modron artificer and his clockwork horde battle the Dancers from Beyond aboard the burning Spelljammer as it drifts uncontrolled towards the Coronation ...

BobTheNob

First Post
A dwarf, human and an elf running 60 leagues in a night and day while tracking their friends across a trackless plain?
Dont be ridiculous. What sort of fool would ever allow that?

The bar for this one, for me, was set by dragonlance. Flying on the back of a dragon committing to ariel battle whilst a flying fortess drifts towards its target. Thats the sweet spot for me.

Tovec

Explorer

To be fair that was a tolkien elf, those things were sweet. I can't account for Gimli but I think Aragorn had some elf blood in him or something. Legolas could see tracks from miles off, hit a goblin well beyond his third range increment right between the eyes, use an orc shield as a skateboard, and kill hundreds with a bow, using a quiver which only held like 20 arrows, enough said.

Also, if I understand your question correctly, look at the 3e deities and demigods salient divine powers. Those are all pretty sweet too.

Remove ads