[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
SK, other than the obvious ramp, is there anyway for Shadow to get down without having to climb? While the rest of us will need to climb down, Shadow does not have opposite thumbs to grip a rope, and while I can think of a way to do it I do not know if the rope we have will be enough to get Shadow down there.

The only other idea I have is that Shadow gets rigged up to a rope harness, and then slides down a line of rope to the bottom.
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]A) There are steep stairs spread around the complex. The short parallel black lines are the stairs leading from one level to the next. The one set are curved in the corner. The stairs are spread out so you have to walk a bit on each level.
B) Jump. It is a DC 15 acrobatics check to avoid the first 10' of falling damage. Each level is 10' down. Making the acrobatics check means he lands on his feet and takes no damage. Miss, he is prone. Miss by 5, he takes damage and is prone.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Relic can get everyone down the same way as him with feather fall. This was actually my intention but then I remembered Daylily just leaping down a similar distance without any need of assistance in an earlier adventure and thought 10 ft wouldn't be a barrier to you guys. But Relic definitely would have offered if he saw the slightest difficulty in making their way down.
Options: (?)
1) Retcon Relic assisting everyone with feather fall so we advance all together
2) Call to Relic and I will levitate back up and then assist everyone to float down
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Reread your school ability. I had missed it before too, but you only get to cast Feather Fall and Levitate on yourself only as an at will. To do the others, you would need to memorize the spells. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily jogs around the perimeter of the pool, heading downwards the long way and freeing the captive wisps along the way. "Go talkings to Elder Storyteller. He is have question for you, I am sures."
[sblock=OOC]Held actions: "At the base of the pyramid-shaped hole the barbarian examines the aperture and draws his hammer. "This should be much easy for lockpicking, I am think.""

Break the aperture with rage. Strength surge break check on door (1d20+13=21)

That probably won't do it. Trying again unless someone has a plan or something exploded. Strength surge break check on door (1d20+13=33)

That probably did it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, something happened before Daylily got too far. (We will save his actions at the bottom for later.) As nimble-toes Daylily runs down the first set of stairs and along the ramp, the water in the pool he just passed starts to stir. His friends are far behind him, or far in front of him as the case may be. Rising out of the water is another chuul who climbs out of the pool onto the stone. That creature's actions trigger another of his kind to rise out of the water. These chuul look a bit tougher than their cousins you dealt with earlier.

[sblock=ooc]Happy Birthday! As of Thursday, we have been running this game for a full year. 10 seconds after I wrote that, the Beatles kicks in on the play list.:lol:[/sblock][sblock=combat round 1]I put in Frost's vision lines so you could see which objects block line of sight.
Crossing a thin yellow line is a 10' drop.

87/87 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~
59/59 ~ AC 14 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 6.0 hrs,
87/87 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~
90/90 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active,
100/104 ~ AC 27 ~ Frost ~

105/105 ~ AC 26 ~ Advanced Chuul North stood and moved
105/105 ~ AC 26 ~ Advanced Chuul South stood

[/sblock][sblock=map]
island65.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Aradra, take the one on the left. I've got the other!" Kalinn points at the Chuul still in the water as she begins to move, and silvery bolts blast into the thing one after another. She comes to a stop at the edge of the pool, hopefully forcing the foe to fight in ankle deep water and hampering it's movements, and draws Hafísbíta.

[sblock=Actions][/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 100/104
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 130/134
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 125/129
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 100/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 09/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 5/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 6/6 per Day)
( 3rd Level: 2/3 per Day )
Cantrips : Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
3rd Level: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily ambles back toward the northernmost chuul, his hammer scoring a crushing blow on the abomination. "Uyah! Elder Storyteller! More big swim-spider!"

[sblock=Actions]Sorry about the extended posting. I assumed that Relic getting to the bottom meant that Daylily could get to the bottom. Drop sling, rage, move to chuul drawing hammer, attack with lunge. Attack on chuul (1d20+17=36, 2d6+22=28)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (13 touch)
HP: 87/87
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +9 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

-Raging-

AC: 16 (11 touch)
HP: 103/103
CMB: +16 CMD: 28

Fort: +11 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Perception: +15 [includes +2 mutation bonus]

Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker (+17/+9, 2d6+22, 20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rage, Lingering rage, PA/FF, Lunge
Rage Remaining: 7/13

Used Items:

Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 14
Javelin, 2
Barbarian chew, 5
Sling bullet, 1
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"Shadow, sic em!"

While the wolf moves to stall the creature Daylily moved to engage, Aradra takes the time to prepare his quiver to give him an infinite supply of ammo again. As Aradra moves to engage the monster Daylily and Shadow are now tag teaming, he keeps the other monster in his sights, should his long time companion need assistance.
[sblock=Actions]
Aradra:
Swift: Quick Draw Wand of AA
Standard: Cast AA on himself.
Move: BP 82. I think this allow him LOS to both targets alot better now.

Shadow:
Move: BN85.
Standard: BITE! 1d20+12=27, 1d8+1d6+16=25

[/sblock]
[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 21 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 87/87
CMB: +11 CMD: 27
Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
Perception: +14
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow +17/+12 1d8+ 3 or +12/+12/+7 1d8+9 1st hit deals double
Current Item in Right Hand Sheath: Wand of Abundent Ammo (42/50)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim;Woodland Stride ; Evasion, Abundant Ammo
Used Items: 8 charges of Abundent Ammo. 4 charges of CLW, AntiVenom, 4 Arrows
Adaptation: 80/80 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Level 1 Spells:Delay Poison, Gravity Bow, Abundant Ammunition
Level 2 Spells: Perceive Clues, Barkskin (+3)
Extend Rod: 0/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
[/sblock]
[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 11 touch) (-1 DEX from AC +1 NA bonus)
HP: 90/90
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (31 vs Trip)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +5 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+12/+5 1d8 + 16 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

Remove ads