BURNED CIRCLE – Recruiting for a Dresden Files RPG Game (Closed)

ThirdWizard

First Post
While you're thinking about Templates and High Concepts, start thinking about Locations. Doing a full blown City Creation in a play by post would be too cumbersome, so what I want is for everyone to think of a basic Location (pg. 37) for Atlanta. These can be neighborhoods, businesses, a park, a monument, or anything at all. You can do some research on Atlanta to go for something that exists, or you can make something up and we'll fit it in somewhere that makes sense.

I'm going to make a Character Creation thread in a day or two, where you can start building the Locations. Then we'll move on to Character Creation in the same thread, complete with all the phases included, with collaboration between players to flesh everyone's Aspects out.

Once we have characters made, I'll post up a Rogue's Gallery.

Thanee

First Post
While you're thinking about Templates and High Concepts, start thinking about Locations. Doing a full blown City Creation in a play by post would be too cumbersome, so what I want is for everyone to think of a basic Location (pg. 37) for Atlanta. These can be neighborhoods, businesses, a park, a monument, or anything at all. You can do some research on Atlanta to go for something that exists, or you can make something up and we'll fit it in somewhere that makes sense.

I havn't fully read the Location chapter, yet (going to do so).

What first comes to mind, after looking over the Atlanta wikipedia entry is some sort of mystic place in the surrounding canopy of trees. Maybe a gateway to the Nevernever?

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
I havn't fully read the Location chapter, yet (going to do so).

What first comes to mind, after looking over the Atlanta wikipedia entry is some sort of mystic place in the surrounding canopy of trees. Maybe a gateway to the Nevernever?

That sounds good. Unless you're in one of a few places in the city, there are trees everywhere, so placing it would not be difficult. You could also detail what's on the other side, which sounds like a lot of fun. There are crazy things in the Nevernever.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I've put up the City/Character Creation thread!

BURNED CIRCLE - City/Character Creation Thread (DFRPG) - EN World: Your Daily RPG Magazine

Go there and start brainstorming. Don't be intimidated by all the "work" you'll have to do. I promise you'll enjoy it. :)

I'm going to write up a sample Location and post it up formatted and all in a bit: Oakland Cemetery.

Feel free to use that thread for any brainstorming, thoughts, feedback, anything related to City and Character Creation. I'll keep this thread for a staging point for future other threads (OOC, IC, etc), but for now it will serve our main OOC thread. If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, go ahead and post them here.

Remove ads