Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

ThirdWizard

First Post
The back lot of the pizzeria connects to several other shops, an insurance agency, a bakery, and a thrift store, all nestled into a little corner together. They share a dumpster that smells like the city sanitation workers must have forgotten about it a couple of months back. But, it's solitary and dark, which is the typical setting for those not looking to draw too much attention to faeries and other supernatural goings ons. Nobody ever said being a hero was glamorous. Well, somebody might have, but they had no idea what they were talking about.

Rather quickly, Logan gets his visitor. From seemingly out of nowhere, even to his changeling eyes, a two foot and some change tall little humanoid figure with glittering wings comes flying straight into view. His skin is a cool shade of pale cerulean, his hair white with streaks of light greens, and his eyes a deep gray hue approaching black. Even in the darkness he seems almost illuminated, flitting out of shadows for a brief moment every few seconds even though there isn't an obvious light source to do so. It's not his Name, but he's called Fizzy, a real character of a faerie who always seems to pop up everywhere. If you need information, he's got the goods, and its pretty easy to get whatever you want out of him - a double edged sword sometimes. He looks to Logan with hungry eyes... for pizza.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan cracks a small smile. Ah, Fizzy. Little guy had reach and knowledge, and Logan had known him for years. Like with any of his "cousins" (except ones who went down Winter way and harassed him or his family), Logan maintained a fairly good relationship with him. "Fizzy, good to see you. You've grown a bit since last time, very impressive." Logan gives a nod of his head, a little gesture of respect. It tended to help out when dealing with Little Folk, who usually got the really short end of the stick.

"Listen, I've got a job for you and some buddies you trust. You'll have to be real stealthy, which I know you are just top-notch at. Payment in pizza. Got two extra large supremes cooking up as we speak, with a few more after the job. Interested?"

ThirdWizard

First Post
"Pizza!" The little guy's wings speed up a notch and he rises a bit, his eyes level with Logan's. He licks his lips and a little bit of drool escapes from the side of his mouth, which he ignores, or maybe doesn't even notice. "Yes yes yes. I always liked you, you know. No matter what those malk say about you." He spits on the ground, probably an affectation he learned from watching humans. The idea of malk having an opinion of oneself is not one most people would be grateful for, but Fizzy seems oblivious to the relative danger of other faeries as he smiles, revealing two rows of sharp shark-like teeth. Like the spitting, the grin is unnatural - uneven and quivering - and probably something has seen humans do when they're happy. His copying needs work. If it is meant to put others at ease, it is not doing its job.

"What do you need? Maybe if I do it myself I get both pizzas? Do you think?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan chuckles about the malk's opinions and Fizzy's imitations. "While you're one of the best, Fizzy, I was really looking for a team on this job. I need a small crew, no more than six, to watch a ghoul hideout for a while, maybe a few days, and maybe get close and listen in without being spotted. Figure with your many talents and busy schedule, you wouldn't be able to watch it the whole time I need, hence the group gig. But tell you what -- after the job, I'll get you an extra-large all to yourself for putting together a stakeout crew. Got us a deal?"

ThirdWizard

First Post
Fizzy licks his lips at the thought of a large pizza all to himself, his eyes growing to saucers. The little guy starts pacing back and forth. Well, buzzing and hovering back and forth about four feet off the ground. "Ghouls, huh? No problem, no problem. I've got some guys for that..." He strokes claws against his chin, nodding thoughtfully, counting up with his other hand, which only has four fingers. After going through all the fingers on that hand and pausing for a moment, he turns it over looking at the back of his hand, and then his eyes trail off to the left. Logan isn't quite sure what he's looking at, and then both eyes snap back to Logan, squinting a bit. Then he slowly extends a hand. "Tell me where to go, and I'll start rounding my men up. Just be sure to drop the payment here before you leave." He holds his chin up with pride. It all may seem like a small gesture, but to a faerie it is a sacred bond.

Inside the restaurant, Juno is met with two piping hot fresh pizzas and a deep sigh from the pimple-faced kid behind the counter.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan nods and opens up his hand, offering the meathook to the little faerie (really more like one or two fingers) to shake. "Oakland Cemetery, northwest corner. I'll meet you there. The ghouls are hanging by the bell tower, but I want to see the crew first. And just so you know, other non-fae will be around with me, too, so don't get spooked by them." He gives Fizzy another nod of respect and heads back around front to check on the pizzas.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Oh dear god...I completely missed where Third brought Juno in. You guys need to throw a brick at my head when I do this! :.-( )

Juno gives the kid a shrug and takes the pizzas. "Rough night?" she asks with a commiserating grin. "If it helps, no matter how bad it is, it's got nothing on mine."

She turns around and nearly walks smack into the wall of chest at head height that is Logan. The cardboard flexes before she manages to backpedal, sparing the fairy food a grisly fate.

"Uh...how's it going back there?" Juno asks as she offers up the pizzas like sacrifices to a pagan god.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan gives a quick chuckle at Juno's minor stumbling. He takes the pizzas from her hands and quietly says, "Brokered a deal. We need to head to the northwest corner of the cemetery. The stakeout team will meet us there. But right now, they're hungry." The half-ogre takes the pizzas around back again and sets them out and open before heading back around front and getting into the car. "Ready when you are. I've already explained the situation to them. Remember, northwest corner."

ThirdWizard

First Post
The trio driving up to the main gates of Oakland immediately takes note of the scene: the cadillac from before has smashed the front gates open, leaving little to the imagination that something is up here. It won't be long before somebody makes a call to the police, if someone hasn't already. Nearby, you can spot Kiera's motorcycle, parked with a bit more discretion. Seeing cemetery gates open is a bit disconcerting to anyone aware of the supernatural. Those walls, bars, and enclosures are meant to keep things in, after all. But, that isn't the only unexpected thing in view.

A man perhaps in his mid thirties, neatly bearded and wearing a tweed suite complete with vest and pocket watch in double albert style, stands on the far side of the street watching you approach. At his side, strapped to his leg, is a long bladed knife, and leaning against the wall behind him is a staff, intricately carved with patterns adorning its length, leaving little to the imagination on what business he practices.

As you pull into a parallel parking space, Malcom jumps out of the car and over to the stranger, conferring for several seconds. Coming back, he looks agitated.

"Warden business. I'll be back." He turns and is about to leave, but looks back hesitantly, "Can't talk about it much, but there's a warlock in town. He or she is doing some kind of summoning. Watch yourselves. I'll see you as soon as possible."

Without pausing for questions, he's gone with the other warden, leaving Juno and Logan in the car outside Oakland.

Shayuri

First Post
"Yeah, we'll just face the submachinegun-wielding fast-healing superhuman monsters on our own. It's cool though," Juno mutters as Malcolm takes his ill-timed leave. "No, really. We'll be fine."

She shakes her head and gets out of the car.

"Alright, lets find Keira and do whatever has to be done fast. I'd really rather not be caught at two crime scenes today."

As Logan follows suit, she texts Keira.

@ the cemetary where r u?

Remove ads