Burned Circle - OOC Thread

Thanee

First Post
I'm wondering how movement will work out in practice, really.

Seeing that, on an average roll, Keira could cover 8 zones... she could run circles around the house... and those ghouls, technically, ain't slow either. ;)

Would it be possible to use Block to prevent one of the ghouls from moving away? Blocking his path, so to say.

What skill would be used for that? Athletics? Might?

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
I also just found a little inconsistency in the rules... Athletics/Sprinting says you can move as many zones as you have shifts, or one, if you don't get any shifts, while the Sprint section says you can move one zone plus one extra zone per shift.

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
Sorry for the delay, I was travelling for Thanksgiving.

I'm wondering how movement will work out in practice, really.

Seeing that, on an average roll, Keira could cover 8 zones... she could run circles around the house... and those ghouls, technically, ain't slow either. ;)

Yeah, I was expecting more really.

Would it be possible to use Block to prevent one of the ghouls from moving away? Blocking his path, so to say.

What skill would be used for that? Athletics? Might?

Yep! To quote the book: "Sometimesthere’s confusion about when to use Athletics and when to use Might. As a rule of thumb, Athletics is used to move yourself, while Might is used to move other things and people." So, if you're going to try and grab them, push them, or in some way hold them back from being able to change zones, that would be a Might Block. However, if you want to describe it differently, you could probably use other skills. It all comes down to descriptions and intent.

In order to try to move, the ghoul would have to beat the block's power. If the ghoul rolls higher than the block, the block is ignored. If the ghoul doesn't roll higher, then the ghoul can't move at all. So its all or nothing. Keep in mind that to do this, you will have to move first, giving you a -1 penalty to the block roll.

I also just found a little inconsistency in the rules... Athletics/Sprinting says you can move as many zones as you have shifts, or one, if you don't get any shifts, while the Sprint section says you can move one zone plus one extra zone per shift.

Yeah, that threw me for a loop when I was trying to figure out how far the ghouls ran based on their rolls. What makes sense to me is that you always move at least one zone, then extra shifts determine extra zones of movement. That fits with the rest of the rules.

For example, when using shifts to speed some thing up, you get the result at meeting, then every extra shift it becomes faster. In all cases I've seen shifts are always used to make a result better. So, if you meet the roll, you move one zone. Every shift after that you move an extra. Seems the most logical.

More responses to come later today with regard to the specific rolls.

ThirdWizard

First Post
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
You can move pretty much wherever you want!
[MENTION=6694788]Bluedevil[/MENTION]
You can catch up to the ghoul, but it is my understanding that when sprinting you can't take another action.

Thanee

First Post
Yep! To quote the book: "Sometimesthere’s confusion about when to use Athletics and when to use Might. As a rule of thumb, Athletics is used to move yourself, while Might is used to move other things and people." So, if you're going to try and grab them, push them, or in some way hold them back from being able to change zones, that would be a Might Block. However, if you want to describe it differently, you could probably use other skills. It all comes down to descriptions and intent.

In order to try to move, the ghoul would have to beat the block's power. If the ghoul rolls higher than the block, the block is ignored. If the ghoul doesn't roll higher, then the ghoul can't move at all. So its all or nothing. Keep in mind that to do this, you will have to move first, giving you a -1 penalty to the block roll.

Ok, cool. Then I know what my next action will be.

Note: There won't be a penalty for the supplemental move, due to Inhuman Speed. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases