Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
The ghoul is going to try to use Athletics to avoid the maneuver.

You get the aspect on the ghoul, and its sticky. :)

By the way these are some great aspect names! :D

Thanee

First Post
Speaking of cats ... I found this recently, and it is sooo funny. :D

Bye
Thanee - off to figure out what sticky means in this context... ok, found it. :)

ThirdWizard

First Post
The ghoul on the inside has had about enough of the beating he's taking! He's going to try to beat it. When the second ghoul sees the first one, pretty heavily injured, running, he'll join him. There are no blocks on the back door, so Ghoul #1 is free to take action to run away. Ghouls have Inhuman Speed, giving them a +2 to Athletics checks to sprint, giving them more zones of movement.

Here is a crude drawing of the scene's zones:
82q94.png

A - Mara's House
B - Sanda's House
C - Back Yard
D - Mara's Side/Front Yard
E - Sandra's Side/Front Yard
F - Deleno Drive

The openings in the back are the sliding glass doors, both of which are open. The dotted lines indicate the closed front doors, both zone borders (Average Athletics border) There are no other borders, the gates to the fence in the back are both currently open.

Ghoul #1 is going to be rolling Athletics in order to move multiple zones away, with the goal of reaching the road. Ghouls have Good Athletics (+3) with a bonus of +2 for sprinting due to Inhuman Speed. However, as he is injured I'm going to compel his LACERATED SHOULDER against him to remove the Inhuman Speed bonus. He doesn't have any FATE, so he has to take the compel. This means he only gets +3. Every shift he gets means 1 more zone of movement.

Ghoul #2 has less zones to cover and he isn't injured, but due to Keria's maneuver, he has an aspect just applied that will be compelled against him as well, for the same effect. (Yes I'm not above compelling maneuver created aspects, so remember that later when its against you!) This is the same Athletics check. As the ghoul above, every shift on the Athletics roll is one zone of movement.

EDIT: Terrible rolls on the ghouls' parts. The inside ghoul makes it to Sandra's side/front yard, while the other ghoul takes the alternate route to Mara's side/front yard.

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
In case anyone is interested, Jim Butcher just did an AMA over on reddit. Lots of spoilers for pre-Cold Days books, but some very interesting stuff is in there and a few moments where I dropped my jaw.

Remove ads