Ultimate Equipment, thoughts?

Derfmancher

First Post
I just got back from a month away from Pathfinder, and the forum. First thing I did? Preorder UE. I am a huge equipment nut. All of my characters are decked out in exactly what I think they will need for their adventures. My players always find ample amounts of mundane gear on their runs. Sometimes to the point of hilarity.

Anyway, I was wondering what peoples thoughts might be on the new book, what we know so far (aside form things stated in the Pazio post about it) and What your favorite part of the new book will be? (Or what you think you will enjoy most.)

Personally I will enjoy any 'normal' gear that gets added. Particularly anything that fills a new nitch. Second to that would be if they rework the crafting rules to make them more viable in gameplay.

Your thoughts?

I was quite keen until the preview, this:
PZO1123-Pg370.jpg

is the mundane weapons and armour. All the same as the Core Book. So my interest is as much in mundane equip, esp weps and armour. But it looks like there are going to be no more of them :(

EDIT: Oh just noticed the 'other weps/armour' colour me MORE interested haha

I could be disappointed.

There's a tonne of mundane equipment that has been added to the PFRPG in various books and it would be super nice to have the "best of" content in one book. This includes some of the Core Rulebook content, so when buying gear as a first level character you don't have to bounce between two books.
This should replace Adventurer's Armoury and include much of that content.

Something else that would be really, really nice to see would be adventuring kits, like they had in 4th Edition.
Rather than picking out a dozen assorted items scattered throughout this lengthy chart, you just buy an assembled package. A "delvers kit", "explorer's kit", "tomb raider's kit", etc.

hemera

Explorer
I'd like a fixed scorpion whip if possible, but other than that it looks pretty boss to me. Tons of basic adventurer gear is cool to me. Though it will likely never top my good old Aurora's guide. (but what will :p )

Remove ads