[DND NEXT] So are we allowed to do this play by post now?

Someone

Adventurer
Well, I've not downloaded the new playtest document yet and therefore I don't have any opinion. If the changes are big enough, however, it doesn't make much sense to continue playing an old document; said that, play by post is slow enough that this problem will appear too often.

Said that I'm not particularly thrilled with 5e's general direction and I'm starting to feel that dropping out might be a good decision.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Well I should probably let you all know that I'm completely disappointed with this current playtest, it's really turned me off of 5e.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sorry, hadn't been checking the ooc thread. My fault. Here's the issue I'm having...

1) non-magical fighters apparently are useless on non-"minions" lol
2) that drow is going to get our party wiped before we can kill her
3) penalties for missing things that... we thought were optional but apparently aren't.

All that said, if you want to skip you can. You're running the game. I have an opinion of the combat already, which I hope will change.

Someone

Adventurer
It lacks appeal to me. Some of the ideas have merit - the maneuver system looks like an embryo of what a better 4e power system could be - but it just generally feels old and tired; much like an extensive set of rules for old edition and not a different take on D&D.

Remove ads