Voidrunner Would you participate in a closed Voidrunner playtest?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm just gauging interest here. Voidrunner's Codex is such a big project for us that we'd like to get as much play testing on it as possible. My Thursday night game is Voidrunner right now, and we put out some public playtest packs a year or so ago.

What would be helpful is a dozen or so reliable people we can give the finished (as in laid-out, pretty) chapters to one at a time as sort of 'playtest packets' and get feedback on. We'd love actual playtest feedback (i.e. if you have the character creation chapter, actually make a few characters), as often things don't work in-game the way they read, but eyes-on reading feedback is helpful too. We're after more detailed feedback than the survey-based feedback we did previously.

You'd need to set aside personal preference stuff and evaluate the content as it is--i.e. if you don't like the 'idea' of a particular approach to something, set that aside and evaluate whether it works, not whether you personally like that approach. We're not asking you to change the game to something else, just to playtest it and make sure it works and isn't broken.

It would be a closed test, as we want to make sure this thing is right before we put out public previews.

Timescales would be tight--we'd need feedback a couple of weeks after each packet drops (although there may be longer gaps between packets, mainly depending on layout speeds).

Thoughts? Would any folk here be interested in participating?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I'm just gauging interest here. Voidrunner's Codex is such a big project for us that we'd like to get as much play testing on it as possible. My Thursday night game is Voidrunner right now, and we put out some public playtest packs a year or so ago.

What would be helpful is a dozen or so reliable people we can give the finished (as in laid-out, pretty) chapters to one at a time as sort of 'playtest packets' and get feedback on. We'd love actual playtest feedback (i.e. if you have the character creation chapter, actually make a few characters), as often things don't work in-game the way they read, but eyes-on reading feedback is helpful too. We're after more detailed feedback than the survey-based feedback we did previously.

You'd need to set aside personal preference stuff and evaluate the content as it is--i.e. if you don't like the 'idea' of a particular approach to something, set that aside and evaluate whether it works, not whether you personally like that approach. We're not asking you to change the game to something else, just to playtest it and make sure it works and isn't broken.

It would be a closed test, as we want to make sure this thing is right before we put out public previews.

Timescales would be tight--we'd need feedback a couple of weeks after each packet drops (although there may be longer gaps between packets, mainly depending on layout speeds).

Thoughts? Would any folk here be interested in participating?
I would absolutely be interested in this, and so would my group.

Remove ads