MCDM Patreon Playtest Packet 1 is out.

DevL

Explorer
You know, if that encounter video had been out even just a week ago, I’d have found a way to back the campaign. That video not only sold me on this potentially being a great game, but a non-D&D RPG fan I have is also now watching it intently and will probably pick it up. Loved the dynamism.
I see what you mean and I certainly feel better about my pledge after seeing the video.
There is bound to be a second chance when the pledge manager opens later, so don’t worry about missing out.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Hi! We played another session yesterday. This time was even better than the last! Since we now knew the mechanics better, the combat was incredibly fluid and very dramatic. The way I'd describe it is a constant up and down, like a roller-coaster.

This time we fought no minions and 5 skeleton warriors, 4 skeleton archers, and a very nasty specter.

Since we had a victory from last session, we started with a victory, which gave us new options and, in the case of the Conduit, a starting Virtue or Wrath, which turned out to be pretty convenient as the skeleton warriors critted the Fury (~Barbarian) and almost had them bloodied, so I healed them with the Conduit on turn one.

Once again, if people have any questions, I'm more than willing to answer (and I'll activate notifications so I reply more promptly 😉)
How powerful are the victories? Are characters noticbly weaker if they have rested before a big encounter. To put that in another way, would players who game the system likely seek out some easy encounters first if they knew a big one was coming up?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's the significantly more clear Wode Elf Shadow

1704862626595.png

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
How powerful are the victories? Are characters noticbly weaker if they have rested before a big encounter. To put that in another way, would players who game the system likely seek out some easy encounters first if they knew a big one was coming up?
Hmm... I think Victories are nice to have but not game-breaking. Also, considering that the Director (aka GM) is the one who decides whether the encounter was worth a Victory or not, it looks hard to game that part of the system.

Remove ads