Stat this up # 1

Cleon

Legend
Heh, I like magic mushrooms #2.

Those mental stats are ok.

I'd be ok with the Distress spores if we can add some kind of mechanical benefit. Maybe something like "if one is aware of danger, all in range are" or something. But I don't like Rapport, since I'd prefer these to speak.

Hmm, I can see it being some combination of alarm and message. Should be able to whip out an outline soon.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Why not borrow from hive mind?

SRD formian said:
Hive Mind (Ex): All formians within 50 miles of their queen are in constant communication. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a group is not flatfooted, none of them are. No formian in a group is considered flanked unless all of them are.

Distress - At will, a shroomling can emit spores that inform all other shroomlings in range of danger. If the spore-emitting shroomling is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If the spore-emitting shroomling is not flatfooted, none of them are.

Cleon

Legend
40 ft range for all the spores?

I'm happy using 40 ft. as the "standard range" for its spores, but will reserve the option to use different ranges for individual cases.

Updating the Shroomling Working Draft.

We need to settle on the uses per day of the spores and the effective CL of the "goodmushrooms".

The "Pesticide Spores" still needs an entry.

Since we're giving them speech, they need languages, so I gave them Common, Terran and Sylvan as a placeholder.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd be fine with those languages.

As for use per day, I think each kind should have its own. Distress is at will, for example.

Nookie

Explorer
I just noticed something under the Quills ability

Urdin shroomlings sometimes employ shortspears that deal no damage but can but a creature into a trance.

I think they should have the option to do some damage Probably just 1 point. it makes them sound like they have no offense.

barring that They do have kitty faces so maybe a bite attack?

I do like the 1 + con uses per day. makes them a little different than a myconid.

Remove ads