Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Sorry I'm behind I thought I rolled this Perception check.

He-Mit is unsure what is going on but he knows when someone is acting guilty. And thinking had the waitress known what was dropped in the cup she would have not wanted to be near enough to hand it over. So that leaves...

"Stop that assassin!" He-Mit calls to anyone who will heed his words. He then runs as fast as he can to help intercept his suspect.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sil leaps from the Catfish onto the deck of the next boat across (a medium sampan) and dives for the shady man. As she closes he grabs a skillet and swings it at her, but the tlaxu is too deft, dodges the wild blow and snags him in her claws.

Meanwhile He-Mit moves up to the edge of the Catfish in pursuit of the same man, in time to see this happen. The sampan drifts a little away from the Catfish.

Blue moves up to check on the status of Vaal - the man is, unfortunately, stone dead. Hang calls his dog to him and readies his bow, but the nimble waitress is more or less out of sight in the tangle of boats in Thievestown.

[sblock=OOC]
Still in rounds for now. Results from this round:

Sil - attempts to grapple Shady Character 2 - success. His AoO with improvised weapon misses. Sil and SC2 are now grappled.

He-Mit is moving after the same target is Sil but is further behind. The sampan and the Catfish have drifted apart a little. DC 5 Acrobatics not to take a swim if you want to cross.

Hang doesn't have time to take a shot this round but can do so next round, although she counts as having cover and concealment (ie +4 AC and 20% miss chance)

Initiatives for next round:

Mal - bow ready
Bi - will be tying up Shady Character1
Sil (grappling SC2)
He-Mit - by gunwhales of Catfish watching Sil and SC2
Blue - next to Vaal
Hang - by gunwhale of Catfish watching waitress, bow ready, dog at side.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll take the shot.

Hang readies the bow, takes aim, and shots. The balance, the breathing, the stance. All was perfect. But it was a long shot, and although the arrow might land true, the wound would be minor. It didn't matter. He only needed a little wound for Quin to track. The warrior smiled, and walked inside again.

22 to hit, 1 dmg, miss chance avoided (69)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mal draws a bead on the fleeing waitress and is within a breath of bringing her down when he notes that the other archer appears to be satisfied with having wounded her. Of course . . . we need someone to question! Quick as the thought strikes, the DaQan shifts his sights upward to the rope holding a net full of fish just ahead of and above the wounded girl. Once more, he shows the worth of the Thell Longbow. The rope is cut cleanly in two; the net full of fish plunges toward the ship's deck and the unsuspecting young waitress . . .

[sblock=Actions]Initiative (1d20+3=21)

OOC: NO idea if this will work, or even be allowed - I took a few liberties with the setting. I used Mal's CMB without counting STR since that wouldn't play into it at all, but there may be an 'official' way of dealing with such attempts. And maybe she'll be surprised by the unexpected direction of the attack and not be able to dodge it in spite of the average roll ;).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Zen archery FTW!

Hang's arrow wings the woman, and then Mal dumps a netful of fish on top of her. You see her go down under the mess, struggling with the net and the slippery catch underfoot. Thievestown residents alternately stare at the fracas, hide inside their boats or, in the case of the fisherman who has just had his catch used as a weapon, begin shouting loudly.

The denizens of the Catfish have largely got over their shock and many of them are now gathered by the gunwhales watching Sil fight with the shady man. "Twenty yen says the cat-girl gets him!" "Ten says they'll end up in the water!"

Bi ties up the first shady character just as the man is coming round. Although watched by an audience of gamblers, no-one moves to stop him - they seem more interested in what happens next.

"Got him good son," says one of them.

[Sblock=OOC]
Good shooting. The girl is about a round's worth of running away, albeit across the decks of many small boats, call it about 100 ft.. Travelling at normal speed is safe, moving faster requires a DC 12 Acrobatics check.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=He-Mit, Blue, Hang, Sil]
Forgot the Perception check!

In all the excitement, each of these characters notices another man, a short nekuuese man with a thin moustache and also wearing a yellow sash, trying to quietly leave towards the front of the Catfish, looking worried.
[/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
Sil fought with the man, tightening her claws grip on him in one hand, and then punching him in the face repeatedly with the other, as she stayed close and tried to keep him in one place. "Just... go... down!" she growled as she attempted to force him down to his knees.

OOC
Move: None
Standard: Maintaining the grapple (+5 bonus) and attempting to apply the pinned condition

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang raises an eyebrow at Mal's feat "Impressive, I would had my dog follow her trail, but that works better. Quin, catch the girl." he says to the dog, then looking up at Mal. "If you would be so gentle as to accompany my bog and secure the woman I will me in your debt." with that Hang charges inside, at some point switching his bow for his Falichon. "Leave him to me woman, catch that man before he escapes, you are more nimble." Hang adds, impassive, almost as if he wasn't going to hack into the man with a enormous sword. Using the flat part of the sword he delivers a good smack.

Move: Order Quin to catch the girl
Standard: Charge the grappled shady man. 18 to hit, 12 non lethal dmg.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
He-Mit takes notice of the man and moves to block off his escape from the Catfish. "Yes stop him, but don't kill him Hang!" he cries as he moves.

Action: Double move to get ahead of him. Will draw an AoO if I have to. We need answers!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue's intent is to search Vaal for any clues to the location of the jade since the man is dead and there is no help for that but he is only able to perform a cursory search before spotting the other man in a yellow sash. He blinks as the possibilities sink into his mind then gets up to follow after. He doesn't want to panic the man or draw attention of others who may be seeking to harm him and so he follows quietly but tries to catch the man.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: none
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/day (DC 13)