Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mal's arrow wings the little creature in the rigging. Its laughter stops, and in return it throws a bolt of lightning down at Mal, that lights up the ship and rips through the air with a burst of thunder and a smell of ozone. The "hound" spirits swoop down and buzz those on deck - Hang, Blue, Ying and Copper Dan, but they almost seem to be toying with the humans as, although the little balls of lightning fly close enough to distract, none of them make contact (although small arcs of electricity leap from them to any metal items, giving minor shocks).

[sblock=OOC]
Mal - bow attack on lightning spirit, hits for 8 damage.
Lightning bolt on Mal for 23 damage, Reflex DC 15 for half.
Blue - cast guidance

Next up: Hang.
Consider one "hound" to be within 5 ft. of each of the people they attacked above.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang

"Mal! Watch out!" Hang screamed as he sees the lightning bolt soaring through the sky. "Damned spirits, begone or be destroyed!" he roars, lashing with his chain at the nearest dog.
20 to hit, 10 damage In case I bring it down I got another attack against something within my reach.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hang's chain lashes out at one the lightning spirits, and passes through it with a shower of sparks. The thing seems to be sputtering and losing energy after the strike, but it still continues to hover around the ship. Hang feels a tingle as his attack hits, but the creature doesn't arc down his metal weapon.

OOC: I'm back! Mal up next.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The little lightning creature in the rigging seems to largely shrug off the glancing hit from Mal's arrow, and calls down some orders to its "pets". Arcing lightning, one slams into Mal, another into Hang. The other two dance around the deck, chasing Ying's sailors away from their duties.

[sblock=OOC]
Lightning spirit attacks Mal, hits for 6 damage (3 of that electricity).
Lightning spirit attacks Hang, hits for 5 damage (1 point of that is electricity)

Next up:
Blue
Hang
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue darts across the heaving deck to assist Mal by thrusting his boar spear at the lightning spirit.

[sblock=OOC]Attack the hound spirit on Mal using Guidance: 1d20+5=13, 1d8+4=8[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 30 Current: 22 [15 nonlethal]
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, detect magic, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Blue's spear digs into the lightning spirit, and he feels some resistance. Although it sends tendril-like arcs out towards him, the creature cannot affect the wooden haft of his spear. It seems weakened by the attack.

OOC: Hang up next, then Mal again.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang takes not of the effect of the wooden shaft of Blue's spear. He stashes his weapon back and takes the guisarme from his back in one fluid motion, and then proceeds to try and impale the creature in front of him with the polearm

11 to attack, 9 damage

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Oops, realised it's probably down to me next!

The lightning spirit darts aside from Hang's attack, quicker than the normally deadly warrior. Perhaps the motion of the ship on the stormy seas has affected his abilities. Whatever the reason, it dodges away from harm and hovers nearby, crackling and sparking.

[sblock=OOC]
Miss from Hang.
Mal up next
[/sblock]

Remove ads