Good adventure or adventure series featuring slavers as the villain

NewJeffCT

First Post
where the party goes up against a group of slavers as the bad guys. I realize that most bad guys can have their motives modified to include slavery/slave trading as one of their reasons for doing what they do...but, when you're talking slavers, you normally have humans/humanoids as the bad guys instead of a series of monsters. (Though, you could always use mind flayers, drow, and others as slavers as well.)

I'm hopefully looking for something that is more than just a one level quick shot adventure. Do any of the Paizo APs deal with slavers, or some villains that could easily be modified into slavers?

I'm not really concerned about the edition of D&D, as I've found most encounters reasonably easy to modify between editions.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Are those Dark Sun adventures? I never heard of them. (At least I don't think so, though I vaguely recall an A-series of Dark Sun adventures.)

No, they're 1E modules.

A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity
A2 Secret of the Slavers Stockade
A3 Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords

All combined they made up the Scourge of the Slave Lords super module.

Riley

Legend
No, they're 1E modules.

A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity
A2 Secret of the Slavers Stockade
A3 Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords

All combined they made up the Scourge of the Slave Lords super module.

Those are the main slaver adventures I know. They're classics in the sense that they were published in the heyday of AD&D, and a lot of people bought/read/played them - but I'm not sure I'd call them "good."

The module series had its origin as a set of tournament sessions. There are some good bits (I like the city and the last adventure), but looking back at them recently, most of the adventure(s) looked to my modern eye like a linear series of barely-linked encounter set-pieces.

Water Bob

Adventurer
They're classics in the sense that they were published in the heyday of AD&D, and a lot of people bought/read/played them - but I'm not sure I'd call them "good."

Bite your tongue! My God! We had a BLAST back in the day, playing through those things. Sure, they're old school AD&D "modules", but we loved them. And, when you get done, you go right into Against the Giants. Both series of adventures are officially set in the Greyhawk world, but they're easily transplanted anywhere.

Scourge of the Slave Lords Wiki

Scourge of the Slave Lords at Amazon

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases