Nights Black Agents - Interest check

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I recently purchased Nights Black Agents and, given that my face to face group starts making warding gestures at anything that is not 3.5, I figured I would give running in via these forums a shot. Would anybody be interested in playing in it?

Some notes:
1 - I have never DMed anything before face to face, let alone pbp. So keep that in mind as I am likely to make mistakes. Players who accept that *and* are willing to offer suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2 - I have yet to receive the book (deliver faster Mr Mailman!!). As soon as I get it, there will be some time required for me to read it and digest it. Probably a couple of weeks.
3 - It would be one of the pre-made adventures that are available.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
FOr those who want to know what it is about, here is the description from the publisher about this game, which runs the GUMSHOE system:

The Cold War is over. Bush’s War is winding down.

You were a shadowy soldier in those fights, trained to move through the secret world: deniable and deadly.

Then you got out, or you got shut out, or you got burned out. You didn’t come in from the cold. Instead, you found your own entrances into Europe’s clandestine networks of power and crime. You did a few ops, and you asked even fewer questions. Who gave you that job in Prague? Who paid for your silence in that Swiss account? You told yourself it didn’t matter.

It turned out to matter a lot. Because it turned out you were working for vampires.

Vampires exist. What can they do? Who do they own? Where is safe? You don’t know those answers yet. So you’d better start asking questions. You have to trace the bloodsuckers’ operations, penetrate their networks, follow their trail, and target their weak points. Because if you don’t hunt them, they will hunt you. And they will kill you.

Walking Dad

First Post
I would be interested. I only heard good things about the setting and system. Is complete access to the rules on the players side are required? I would be fine with a pre-made character, as long as I'm able to individualize a bit.

tunafish

First Post
Interested. I've run this for my RL group. They didn't like the dynamic of humans vs. vampires, but maybe we can find a few players who do. Introducing a "Cthulhu-like" element without slaying the PCs seems to work best. Horror, without the foul end.

I'm in as long as the game makes sense.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Shoot me an email, O great and wise GM; I have resources for you.

I don't have the time to play right now, but I'll volunteer to make PCs for anyone who doesn't want to dive into the rules! I'm familiar enough that it only takes me 15 min or so.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Here's the page for Pelgrane's NBA resources. Please don't read my 20 minute demo, in case Mudbunny wants to run it, but the six pre-gens were written by me and made beautiful by Hypersmurf. The appendices, cheat sheets and blank agent dossiers are all useful.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I will probably start out with the 20 minute adventure penned by Piratecat, so that I can get my feet wet. After that, I will see. 20 minutes face to face will probably take a fair bit longer via the forums.So by that time, I should have a better feel for the system and what else is out there.

Remove ads