Nights Black Agents - Interest check

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The pre-gens I made hold up really well; I've used them now in over 20 games. I've found a few things I'd tweak, however. If you use them, consider the following changes to the General Ability distribution:

Gabriella (thief): Remove 1 point from driving and explosive devices. Add 1 point to Preparedness and Weapons.
Dr. DuBois (assassin): Remove 1 point from Hand to Hand and 2 points from weapons. Add 1 point to Preparedness and 2 points to Sense Trouble.
Hung-Ke (hacker): Remove 1 point from Weapons, add 1 point to Preparedness.
Mace Hunter (con man): Remove 2 points from Disguise, 1 point from Filch and 1 point from Sense Trouble. Add 2 points to Hand-to-Hand and 2 points to Preparedness.
"Ashcan" (wheelman/explosives guy): Remove 2 points from Network. Add 2 points to Weapons.
Persephone (analyst/mastermind): good as is.

I originally made more niche protection than I needed to, limiting the PCs a bit. The above changes make them a little more flexible and balanced without limiting any of their cool stuff.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Yup, I am still interested in running this, but a combination of real-life getting busy all of a sudden, plus me being unfamiliar with pool-based games (and if you read unfamiliar as never ever played one, much less run one, you would be right) means it is taking me a bit longer than I hoped to get through the book and grok it.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey [MENTION=56746]mudbunny[/MENTION], any interest in actually playing for a week or so? While I don't have time to run a full and ongoing game, I'm delighted to run what in real life would be a half-hour demo in order to show folks how the game works. If so, I'd love it if you played.

If not, no worries. You have dibs on it, and I don't want to tromp on your turf.

Remove ads