• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nights Black Agents - Interest check

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The pre-gens I made hold up really well; I've used them now in over 20 games. I've found a few things I'd tweak, however. If you use them, consider the following changes to the General Ability distribution:

Gabriella (thief): Remove 1 point from driving and explosive devices. Add 1 point to Preparedness and Weapons.
Dr. DuBois (assassin): Remove 1 point from Hand to Hand and 2 points from weapons. Add 1 point to Preparedness and 2 points to Sense Trouble.
Hung-Ke (hacker): Remove 1 point from Weapons, add 1 point to Preparedness.
Mace Hunter (con man): Remove 2 points from Disguise, 1 point from Filch and 1 point from Sense Trouble. Add 2 points to Hand-to-Hand and 2 points to Preparedness.
"Ashcan" (wheelman/explosives guy): Remove 2 points from Network. Add 2 points to Weapons.
Persephone (analyst/mastermind): good as is.

I originally made more niche protection than I needed to, limiting the PCs a bit. The above changes make them a little more flexible and balanced without limiting any of their cool stuff.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Yup, I am still interested in running this, but a combination of real-life getting busy all of a sudden, plus me being unfamiliar with pool-based games (and if you read unfamiliar as never ever played one, much less run one, you would be right) means it is taking me a bit longer than I hoped to get through the book and grok it.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey [MENTION=56746]mudbunny[/MENTION], any interest in actually playing for a week or so? While I don't have time to run a full and ongoing game, I'm delighted to run what in real life would be a half-hour demo in order to show folks how the game works. If so, I'd love it if you played.

If not, no worries. You have dibs on it, and I don't want to tromp on your turf.

Remove ads