[Miniatures] Dog's Bones - 2018 ->Dec 18th - Animals

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
More Female Adventurers

Back and a little bit of a break (well, kid's Fall Break anyway...). Some female adventurers. The one standing on a rock originally was standing on a dragon head, but my youngest daughter did not care for it, so I switched it out.

023 (Medium).JPG022 (Medium).JPG019 (Medium).JPG018 (Medium).JPG017 (Medium).JPG016 (Medium).JPG013 (Medium).JPG012 (Medium).JPG011 (Medium).JPG010 (Medium).JPG009 (Medium).JPG008 (Medium).JPG

Not my best painting (or camera work). Definitely like working with the larger sculpts better.

tangleknot

Explorer
Use more colors per miniature. Weapons ought to have wood and steel colors. Detail in armor can be amplified with colors (rather than keeping it a flat chain mail coat). Use more washes to bring out detail in your shoes and leather straps.
This round of miniatures look hastily painted compared to your earlier work.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing more mini's

Richards

Legend
That's a rather awkward pose on that owlbear. I wonder what the sculptor was going for? Extra fierceness, maybe?

I just can't help feeling there should be a banana peel on the base there somewhere.

Johnathan

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
That's a rather awkward pose on that owlbear. I wonder what the sculptor was going for? Extra fierceness, maybe?

I just can't help feeling there should be a banana peel on the base there somewhere.

Johnathan
I know what you mean. At first I thought it was bent out of shape -- but when I looked at the original base, it was centered underneath this sideways pose. I guess they can't all be great sculpts :)

Remove ads