Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

Riel whispers quietly to his compatriots, "Awfully trusting in this village..."

He turns to the door, "Privet Constable? Do we have the correct domicile?"

Leif

Adventurer
Privet Constable

"Yes, well no -- this is not actually my 'domicile.' As much as some would prefer for me to live here, I do have a home separate from my work. I perceived that you are strangers to the village even before I saw your unfamiliar faces, because no one who lives here ever bothers to knock on my door, they just step on in. But what can i do for these visitors to our fair village?"

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar

Girion steps into the constable's office. "Well met. We have heard rumors of waylaid travelers, and would like to see if we can be of help."

Leif

Adventurer
Privet Constable

"Ahh, very well, then," says the Privet Constable, as he withdraws a map from his desk and spreads it on a nearby table. "The village is here, you see," he says, indicating, "and the disappearances seem to be occurring in this region," here he indicates a region approximately eight miles distant from the village, and roughly two miles wide by one mile deep. The area that he indicates is mostly heavily forested with some rolling hills. It also includes a stream crossed at two points by bridges, with fords at two other places, one bridge and one ford being within the area that the Privet Constable has indicated. "And this area," he says, pointing to a region near the middle of the two miles by one mile area in question, "is some of the most dense and impenetrable forest in the whole region. That means that it is very likely that this map does not show it correctly, but that the cartographers just 'presumed' the sort of terrain to be found there, because they couldn't find anyone foolhardy enough to actually survey the area in person."

Leif

Adventurer
Gorash

The vigilant dwarf doesn't see many people around this part of the village at this time of day, but he does see a troupe of seven woodsmen with their axes and saws returning to the village from the forest to the east. They, being large, leathery lumberjack lads, do not seem intimidated by the surly, suspicious scour of a single dwarf, even one as grimly grandiose as Gorash.

OOC - For those inside with the Privet Constable: I will entertain questions regarding the map described below in Post # 46.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
((Is the area in question also to the east?))
Girion studies the map closely.

GM: Yes, or more precisely, to the East-North-East.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads