Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

'That's just it, Master Dwarf," says the Gnome, "there really is no town watch here, at least not in the usual, formal sense. A farmer with a pitchfork or a woodsman with a spear is about all that can be mustered from the folk here. In a way, I like that about the village -- makes for a relaxing place to spend some time, provided, of course, that you know your safety will not become an issue."

Last edited:

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

"Hmmm... Bandits, you say?" queries Riel. "Perhaps they can be reasoned with... If not, however..."

He pauses.

"I have certain skills that may come in handy."

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"I agree." Ellydd says (in agreement with everyone). "Let us find the Privet Constable and find out what we may about this disruption. If evil lies in the woods, then I would see it flushed out."

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

The Gnome says, "Let's see, it's now mid-afternoon, so the Privet Constable should be in his office-slash-guardhouse at the eastern edge of the village, preparing *ahem* to make his evening rounds. Knock loudly, he's a sound sleeper."

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar

The young man from Urnst smiles at the gnome's sage advice. "Thank you for your counsel, master gnome." He leaves some coins for the barkeep as he stands and adjusts the angle of the long sword hanging at his left hip. He shoulders his unstrung bow and bristling quiver. "Shall we, gentlemen?"

Let me gather my belongings.
The dwarf says as he goes to the second floor and join the others moments later.
I'm ready, says the armored dwarf. lead on the way and let us hope there are coins in the end.

Leif

Adventurer
The Village

The newly acquainted adventurers, having gathered their belongings and settled their bill at the inn, emerge from said establishment with the intent of finding the Guardhouse in town. The village is a small affair, and built in an unusual combination of the human and elvish styles, meaning that half or more of the 'buildings" in town are not true, free-standing buildings at all, but are built inside living trees. Signs on these structures are simply cloth banners hanging from branches. There are not so much roads through the village as narrow, winding paths. No trees appear to have been harmed in the construction of the pathways or buildings of the town. The pathway from the inn leads roughly east and west. Following the path to the east, the adventurers soon see two structures ahead: one is a fair-sized building with a green cloth awning that bears three bronze stars. The other is a wide-boled tree with a round green door facing the street. Hanging in the branches facing the street is a cloth banner that shows a red triangle inscribed in a blue square on a field of saffron.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd thoroughly admires the elvin construction and natural beauty of the place. He is filled with an inner connection to the place and the seamless way of living in the woods.

"Do you suppose,"
he poses to his newfound fellows, "the Privet Constable would be in the tree with the bronze stars? nyone have any guesses what this multi-colored geometric pattern might be for?"

Helfdan

First Post
Girion shrugs. "I am afraid heraldry is not my strong suit. But we have two choices." He knocks on the door under the tri-star green awning.

Remove ads