[occ] Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Medjai Issa - Shining Knight of the Holy Light of Sarenrae

[sblock=Stat Block]Medjai Issa
Male Qlippoth-Spawn Tiefling Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light, Shining Knight) 1
LG Medium Outsider (native)
Init +1; Senses Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)
HP 11 (1d10+1)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; +2 Trait Bonus vs. Charm and Compulson
Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee
. . GreatSword +5 (2d6+6/19-20/x2)
. . EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6/x3)
. . Dagger +5 (1d4+4/19-20/x2)
. . Cestus +5 (1d4+4/19-20/x2)
Special Attacks Smite Evil (1/day)
Spell-Like Abilities Blur (1/day), Detect Evil (At will)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 14
BAB +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Feats Armor of the Pit
Traits Birthmark, Demon Smiter (1/day), Stolen Fury
Skills Acrobatics -1, Climb +2, Fly -1, Ride +3, Stealth -1, Survival +4, Swim +2
Languages Abyssal, Common
SQ Aura of Good, Prehensile Tail
Other Gear Lamellar Leather Armor, Greatsword, Earth breaker, Dagger (2), Cestus, Backpack (12 @ 34 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (1 @ 1 lbs), Grappling hook, Mug/tankard, Rope, Trail rations (6), Waterskin (2), Whetstone, 5 GP, 8 SP, 6 CP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Aura of Good (Ex) The paladin has an Aura of Good with power equal to her class level.
Birthmark +2 Save vs. Charm & Compulsion
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Demon Smiter (1/day) When fighting demons, +4 on a single Attack Roll.
Detect Evil (At will) (Sp) You can use Detect Evil at will (as the spell).
Prehensile Tail Your tail can retrieve small objects on your person as a swift action.
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) +2 to hit, +1 to damage, +2 deflection bonus to AC when used.
Stolen Fury +2 CMB vs. Demons
--------------------
[/sblock]

[sblock=History]Pain . . . burning agony in wrists and lungs . . . nightmare images flash, images of hideous faces, fangs and horns, cruel flame yellow eyes and horrific voices filling the my mind . . . I must do as they instruct . . . must allow them their cruel domination . . . the strength to resist is all but gone!

And then, from somewhere, a rush of calm warmth, an island of serenity within the storm of assault. The infusion of strength bolsters my failing will, shores up the crumbling walls of my soul. I awake . . .

Dreams of my time in that hell hole now come few and far between. I remember little of what happened there, but the one memory that is always clear is that of the beautiful girl hanging chained from the wall opposite, of the calm clarity in her emerald eyes as she gazes on my misshapen form.

Those eyes glance down, directing my own gaze to the keys on the nearby table. Cautiously, carefully, my long tail feels its way across the small space and wraps itself around the means of our escape. First to my own locks, and then to those binding Green-Eyes to the wall, I apply the keys . . . quietly, oh so quietly . . .

The next few minutes are a blur of frantic activity, of panicked running through twisting passages and up winding stairs, until Green-Eyes and I burst through a door and into Sarenrae’s blessed sunlight, beaming down on a crowded Absalom street.

Long story short, we stuck together for the next few days. Green-Eyes introduced herself as Luna, on her way to Absalom to enter service to Iomedae. Good thing she was there, too, ‘cause I had no idea where I was. The last thing I remembered before waking up in that place was falling asleep – after my nightly beating at the hands of my loving roommates - in my cot at the orphanage in Sethis, 300 miles south. She took me with her to the temple of Iomedae, where they let me crash for a few days while I got myself sorted out. For the first time in my wretched life, I found myself wanting to do right by someone. Until then I’d been a rotten soul, bitter and angry. But the Seventh Church was not exactly to my liking, nor I to theirs, in spite of my friendship with Luna. A little too strict for my tastes, and not apt to overlook the all-too-obvious signs of my heritage. After a few days I found myself once more wandering the streets of the Ascendent Court, determined to find another haven before the Greycloaks happened across me and put me out on my arse.

Sanctuary came in the form of the Temple of the Shining Star, and in that place I at last found the acceptance for which I’d been longing. The Dawnflower teaches that none are beyond redemption, and when she saw the mark on my forehead – the birthmark that had been the spark for no few of my childhood scraps – the Bey herself took up the challenge of bringing my scarred and twisted soul into the peace of Sarenrae. It took longer than she thought it would, and by the time she’d pounded some semblance of manners, training and education through the armor of my skull and into my woefully inept brain she was an old lady.

Much time was spent trying to figure out what happened to Luna and me that night when we met. The priests were determined that there was no way my soul should have been able to resist the forces brought against it during that ritual, and truthfully I was more than a little confused myself. They finally decided, after a few long palavers with the priests at the Seventh Church and with Luna and me, that some part of her blessed soul must’ve been grafted onto my own demonic . . . whatever it is I have. And to my shame, a part of my own essence must’ve corrupted her purity as well. My soul-sib swears her conviction that everything that happened was as it should be, and that she can never repay me for saving her life . . . but I believe it’s me that owes the debt, for without that little piece of her purity I’d have no soul at all. Still, I wonder at the cost, and at night when the dreams come and the suspicion fills my mind that she’s not paid, I’m wracked with guilt at my responsibility for that spark of darkness in Luna Lightbringer - my friend.[/sblock]

[sblock=Description]Medjai stands six feet three inches tall and weighs in at a wiry 205 pounds. His skin is dead white and completely hairless. His eyes are over-large, glittering black faceted orbs lacking both pupil and iris. Bony plates writhe and shift about under his skin, protecting skull and vital organs. His hands are long-fingered, and those fingers are slightly bulbous at the last joint; both finger- and toe-nails are slightly clawed and charcoal gray. A long, prehensile tail is in near-constant sinuous motion around both Medjai and anyone or anything within it's reach; it lightly caresses any such person or object almost as though it's an extension of Medjai's other senses.

The Motherless dresses in blacks, grays and browns. While there's no disguising its nature or protective purpose his armor has more the look of clothing. He displays his weapons prominently.[/sblock]

[sblock=Picture & Portrait]

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
[SIZE=+1]Medjai Issa[/SIZE]
Male Lawful Good Qlippoth Tiefling (Motherless)
Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 11/11, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus 1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)
Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Medjai Issa.pdf
    265 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
If you end up needed a spare I had an idea for an aasimar horse lord ranger with Stolen Fury campaign trait. Might not be the ideal skill monkey but I think it would still add some depth.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif's Half-Elf Bard

Calloh now complete. He's even more complete and more correct now.

[sblock=Leif's Bard, Calloh]
Calloh [pronounced “callow”]
Half-Elf
Bard 1
0 XP

[sblock=Ability Point Buy, 20 pts]
S11 (1pts)
D14 (5pts)
C12 (2pts)
I14 (5 pts)
W12 (2 pts)
C16 (5 pts=14) (+2 racial)
[/sblock]

Final Ability Scores at L1:
S11 +0
D14 +2
C12 +1
I14 +2
W12 +1
C16 +3

AC: 17 [10+3+2+2]
HP: 9

SAVES:
Fort: +1
Ref: +4
Will: +3
+2 on saves vs. Fear effects

SKILLS 6+2=8 pts / Level [these may not agree with the sheet in the IC thread now. This is outdated and the IC version is correct.]
Bluff 1 rank +3 Cha = +4
Concentration 0 rank +1 wis +2 feat bonus = +3
Diplomacy 1 rank +3 Cha = +4
Disable Device 0 rank +2 Dex = +2
Knowledge (Planes) 1 rank +2 Int = +3
Perception 0 rank +1 Wis = +1
Perform (Lute) 1 rank +3 Cha +3 Feat Bonus = +7
Profession (Musician) 1 rank +1 Wis = +2
Sleight of Hand 1 rank +2 Dex = +3
Stealth 1 rank +2 Dex = +3
Use Magic Device 1 rank +3 Cha = +4

FEATS 1+1 racial (skill focus)
Weapon Focus (Short Bow)
Skill Focus (Perform)

SPELLS [Per Day: L0 - at-will, L1 - 1]
Daze - 0
Detect Magic - 0
Summon Instrument - 0
Read Magic – 0
Cure Light Wounds - 1
Hypnotism - 1

PP
GP 5
SP 4
CP

EQUIPMENT [105 gp starting funds]
Studded Leather Armor [25 gp, +3 AC]
Heavy Wooden Shield [7 gp, +2 AC]
Longsword [15 gp, 1d8 damage]
Daggers 2 [@ 2 gp, 1d4 damage]
Short Bow [30 gp, 1d6 damage]
Arrows [1 gp, #20] [ _ used]
Lute, Exceptional Quality [14 gp] [3 gp is ordinary cost]
Waterskin [1 gp]
Trail Rations 3 days [@ 5 sp per day]
Backpack [2 gp]
Bedroll [1 sp]
Traveler's Outfit [1 gp]

Traits; 1. Riftwarden Orphan [campaign trait] 2. Courageous 3. Anatomist

History: Calloh was born to two adventurers, his mother was an elf champion and his father a human wizard. They were both Riftwardens who adventured into the Worldwound on a secret mission soon after Calloh was born. They left their newborn son with trusted allies, perhaps knowing that their odds of returning were slim. In any case, they met their doom in the Worldwound. Not long after their departure, the foster parents that they had chosen for their son noticed that a mark had appeared on the inside of Calloh's right leg – The Sign of the Seeker's Spiral. [Riftwarden Orphan Trait bonus of +2 on Concentration checks.] The mysterious circumstances of his parents' deaths sparked an insatiable curiosity in Calloh. When he grew up, he was so intent on making new discoveries and learning new things that he almost seemed fearless when it came to new places, experiences, people, and creatures. [Courageous Trait bonus of +2 on Saves vs. Fear Effects.] Now that Calloh has fully come of age, he seeks to learn the destiny of his parents, hoping against hope that he may somehow find them alive and be able to bring them home safely. For his last trait, Calloh chooses Anatomist, which gives him +1 on rolls to confirm critical hits.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
Mowgli: Looks and sounds sweet!

Kaodi: Looks like we've got everything set already. Sorry. I'll keep you in mind if the need arises.

Jack: No worries, it happens. Do what you need to do, I'll need a little time too.

Leif: Looks good, although you get one more basic trait if you want it. The background looks good. Just head's up, it will end up tying in with Hannah's (as played by Elewan) eventually, but fortunately I can take care of that all form my side. Sound good?

Elewan: Hannah's picture, as requested.
[sblock=Hannah]
Hannah.jpg
[/sblock]

Everyone: It's sitting on my iPad right now. First map should be done by the time Jack finishes his stuff up. Get ready for a wild ride!

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
Everyone: Just a heads up, while there will be plenty of bashing cultist heads and kicking demonic butt, social skills will definitely be important too, especially diplomacy.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Normally, you'd think a Paladin would be pretty good at that . . .

My guy ain't too smart, though . . . One skill point per level doesn't stretch too far - he'll be eighth level before he can even get one rank in each of his class skills (not counting crafts and professions) :(

Leif

Adventurer
I made some small changes to Calloh's skills, in part because I had chosen one that's not a class skill for Bards and in part due to the DM's hint.

I also shifted his Weapon Focus trait from longsword to Short Bow. Might as well stack all the bonuses I can.

Thanks for the heads-up on the additional trait. I'll see about that soon, unless I forget. Got 'er done!

Last edited:

Remove ads