Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Scotley

Hero
Rydan looks toward Guard/Strike curiously before being herded to the table. Hereddens slightly at the sight of the scantily clad server and swallows before saying "ummm ale, something light and pale if you please". He blinks and grins with child-like wonder as the server vanishes.

Redclaw

First Post
A bit of dragonfyre, if you have any, followed by a mug of dark ale, Shale says to the server, hardly noticing its incorporeal form. He glances at Rydan and winks. The 'fyre will cauterize the wound, after all, even if it doesn't kill the pain.

Leif

Adventurer
drink orders

"Light, pale ale is one copper lion. Dragonfyre, eh? I'm guessing that you'll be wanting the full-monty flaming version? If so, that'll be 2 silver sovreigns, but I'll throw in the ale chaser gratis, if you can down the Dragonfyre in three swallows or less, and keep it down, and not burn-down any of the joint."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Drink Orders

"Meltin' you is not what worries me. You downin' the dose and then spewin' flame willy-nilly is." He paces an 'earthen' vessel about the size to hold three shots in front of you. (Is that stone it's made of? If it's just ordinary earthenware, then the mud around here must have an awfully high silica content.) The substance within it fizzes and hisses like it wants to leap out onto the bar. "That'll be two silver sovereigns." The bartender sizes Shale up with a knowing glance, "I believe you just might be able to do it. Tell you what, forget the three swallows, do it all in one go, and you and your friends drink free tonight." He reaches to a shelf beneath the bar, produces a tinderbox, and soon has a red and green flame sending scorching tongues dancing around the rim of the vessel. A few nearby servers stop what they are doing to watch, and they take up a chant, "Down Dragon, Down Dragon!"

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Shale stretches his neck with a crack. Then here's to a night of mourning that will last until morning, he says with a determined grin. He then reaches down to grasp the stoneware vessel, feeling the heat of the flames through the solid material. He makes three quick passes across the open flame with his left hand, One for the shadow, one for the fear, and one for the flame burning out your ears, before bringing the flaming concoction to his mouth and doing his best to ignore the burning sensation as it flows like molten lava down his throat.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Dragonfyre

Give us a DC 20 Con check please, with a +2 racial modifier, +1 for Con 13, +3 for Shale's Endurance training, for a total modifier of +6.

Negin

First Post
Ghavdrash looks on with delight. "Come, Shale, show me a fireball worthy of a dragon." Ghavdrash belches and a tiny, somewhat noxious-smelling green vapor issues forth from his mouth.

Leif

Adventurer
Dragonfyre

Shale slings the shot to the back of his throat and immediately he experiences an agony that takes him totally by surprise. His vision fades to black beginning at the outside edges of his field of view and he doubles over n pain, spewing the last half of the shot, flames and all, across the bar. After a moment of deep breaths, Shale's vision returns, but he does NOT want to try another Dragonfyre tonight.

[25 XP for all PCs.]

Remove ads