Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Goldhammer

First Post
Guard places her hand on Rydan's shoulder. "I'm sure you'll make both you family and your mentor proud." Guard says, trying to comfort the young wizard as best a magical robot can. "Perhaps I can introduce you to some of the priests of Moradin. They would be honoured to meet you."

Guard scanned the room for the Holy Smiths of Moradin. Secretly, she was worried. Without the High Priest's guidance, the church was at risk of splitting into two, just as she was split between Guard and Strike. Worse still, she could feel Strike getting angrier as Guard delayed their trip the Green Star inn.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil watches "Horace" leave the room, tracking his gait and his movements, storing them for future reference. He then turns back to the group, spotting the warforged's edginess.

Guard
he says deliberately, reaching out to touch her shoulder but thinking better of it,
didn't we visit the Green Star Inn a few times after drills? At least we know where to head, although I would prefer it were today, rather than tomorrow. Maybe we should head there tonight and celebrate our losses the way we ought to. At least we'll know the territory better. Something doesn't smell right.

[sblock=Goldhammer]I'm making a background choice that we know each other from combat drills along with Ghavdrash and that Firil will have encountered both Guard and Strike and knows a little of the interaction between them. If this isn't cool, just let me know and I'll adapt, no problem.[/sblock]

Negin

First Post
"Hm. This inn is not one I am familiar with. I will obtain directions for us."

Ghavdrash wanders off, refilled wine glass in hand, to inquire.

Leif

Adventurer
Green Star Inn

OOC: Hang on, Negin/Ghavdrash! RavenBlackthorne just posted immediately prior to your post that Firil and Guard know the way to the Green Star Inn.

Negin

First Post
Ghavdrash returns promptly. "Good news, companions. I have discovered the location of the Green Star Inn. It's..." Ghavdrash stops to note the look on his companions' faces, then momentarily looks more sheepish than dragonish. "Oh, I guess we're all set then. Tonight at the inn then? But I have some inquiries to make here first. If you will excuse me..."

OOC: Totally didn't see this page. Sorry about that!

Negin

First Post
[sblock=Ghavdrash the Shmoozer]So let me try this here instead. Before heading out to the inn, Ghavdrash would like to shmooze around a bit and determine more if he can about the circumstances of Igmach's disappearance. Here, we're aiming at court officials or military officers that Igmach may have had some dealings with. In addition, Ghavdrash is looking for any information he can acquire about Horace without explicitly indicating interest in him.[/sblock]

Ghavdrash the Dragonborn Paladin, HP: 27/27

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Shale allows himself to smile at Firil's suggestion, in spite of the sorrow that still lingers. Yes, my father would appreciate such a ceremony much more than what we have witnessed here. Let us find this inn and show it how the scions of heroes honor their dead.

Goldhammer

First Post
Firil watches "Horace" leave the room, tracking his gait and his movements, storing them for future reference. He then turns back to the group, spotting the warforged's edginess.

Guard
he says deliberately, reaching out to touch her shoulder but thinking better of it,
didn't we visit the Green Star Inn a few times after drills? At least we know where to head, although I would prefer it were today, rather than tomorrow. Maybe we should head there tonight and celebrate our losses the way we ought to. At least we'll know the territory better. Something doesn't smell right.

[sblock=Goldhammer]I'm making a background choice that we know each other from combat drills along with Ghavdrash and that Firil will have encountered both Guard and Strike and knows a little of the interaction between them. If this isn't cool, just let me know and I'll adapt, no problem.[/sblock]

Guard's head seems to shake at the thought of going to the inn tonight. Suddenly her face seems to turn away into her helmet, revealing a more fearsome face. One four orange glowing eyes and sharp teeth. "Now you're talking!" she says. Then as quickly as it appeared, the face retreated back into the warforged's helmet, revealing Guard's normal face.

"But maybe we should pay our respects to the priests of Moradin first." Guard says, slightly embarrassed.

OOC: If Firil knows Guard well enough, he'll know about her split personality, Strike. Strike would of been the one who did the drinking.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ghavdrash does do some schmoozing, and he seems to get good, honest responses, but the sad fact remains that no one really seems to know what happened, or else they just can't face the horror of it all for long enough to bring any degree of rational thought to bear on the mystery. So, while he gets many heartfelt expressions of true sympathy, and a few statements of: 'If I can do anything, anything at all, just let me know,' most of which he suspects absolutely cannot be relied upon at face value, but a few of which at least seem sincere, even if the speakers may not have known what they could have been getting themselves into.

The inescapable conclusion is that no one here has any good explanation of what actually happened, let alone why it happened. They sympathize with you as much as they are able to do and still remain ensconced in their simple little lives, but they really cannot grasp at all what has come to pass here, nor, you suspect, do they really wish to do so.

[Each of the other characters has experiences similar to the above.]

[OOC: On to the Green Star Inn, then? Oh, wait! Each of you did receive at least one or two invitations to spend the night (maybe a little longer than that?) at the homes of various nobles and dignitaries. Or you can head to the Green Star. Who knows, you might be able to arrange a discount if you tell the innkeeper your sad stories?]

ONE MORE THING! The Emperor himself saw to it that each of you was presented [by a Major Domo or other head flunky dude] with a small mahogany coffer of 150 gp, to help defray the expenses of travel and so forth. It is made plain to you that this in NO WAY is intended to compensate your loss, it is just a simple courtesy.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
A little overwhelmed by so much social activity, after he finds out how to get to the Green Star Inn, Rydan will pursue the book shelves out of curiosity.

Remove ads