[sblock]
Lost: Living Blade, Torch of the Burning Sky

Cloak of Elvenkind (1250)
Ring of Minor Sonic Resistance (6000)
Vest of Escape (2600)
Cloak of Resistance +4 (8000)
Cloak of Resistance +1 x6 (500 each)
Boots of Speed (6000)
Dragon Mask [Swift 2/day; See Invisibility for 5 min] (2000)
Third Eye Clarity [Immediate 1/day; negate confuse, daze, stun, or fascinate] (1500)
Third Eye Concentrate [+10 competence on Concentration checks] (5000)
Horned Helm [gain Gore attack for d8 + 1/2 Str dmg; overcomes DR/magic] (4000)
Scholar Tiger Claw Bracers [extra TC maneuver known up to 6th level (limited by IL/# known requirements)] (7500)
Gauntlet of Infinite Blades [Swift; create mundane dagger; 5 charges/day for magical daggers] (3250)
Ankh of Ascension [Free 3/day; sacrifice prepped divine spell; CL +4 on divine spells that level or lower for 1 round] (4500)
Stone of Good Luck [The White key transformed into it after leaving Dreamworld] (10,000)
+4 Red Dragonscale Leather Armor [grants Fire Resist 20, as per major ring of energy resist] (22,170)
+2 Large mithral fullplate (8000)
+5 Ghost Touch Dagger [1/day cast disintegrate (CL 17th) upon a foe that was hit, as a spell-storing weapon] (56,551)
+1 Whirling Holy Lance [3/day Whirlwind Attack] (16,155)
+3 Large Adamantine Warhammer (10,512)
+1 Large Greatsword x6 (1200 each)
Large MW Fullplate x6 (1575 each)
Elixir of Harm [CL 11] (1650)
Flawless diamonds x4 (5000 each)
8500 gp of ivory, teak, and jade statuettes
72,800 gp of gold and gems[/sblock]
Total: 297,588 gp
Per person: 59,517.9 gp (includes Zayed having a share; he'll be able to spend it eventually)

Note: For the disintegrate effect of the dagger, I used the calculation of Use-Activated spell effect. 2000 x CL x spell level / 5 (since it's 1 charge per day) = 2000 x 6 x 17 / 5 = 40,800 gp market price (halved for selling). Not sure if that's what I should use...

Let me know what you want to buy back and if you want any party items from there (the diamonds?), as well as any shopping or upgrades you want to do. Shopping limit is now 50,000 gp in Seaquen. Also please level up to ECL 18.

EDIT: Since at this point all of you will probably want to buy and merge items or otherwise stack multiple benefits into the same body slot, a reminder: Any benefits beyond the first incur a +50% increase (based on the market price, not selling price) to the price to add to said item. This is in addition to the 10% "merge cost" if you want to buy an item from loot just to assimilate it into your existing body slot item.

Example: Kal was asking about adding the Third Eye Concentrate to her mask, which has several effects already. She'd pay 5000 gp to buy it back from loot, then another 5000 gp (50% of the market price) to add another effect to her mask, and 1000 gp (10% of the market price) in "merge fee." Total spent of 11,000 gp.
Yes, this is still cheaper than *not* buying from loot and merging. If she walked into a shop and asked to add the +10 concentration bonus to her mask, it would cost 15,000 gp (150% the regular price, since she's adding multiple effects to the existing mask).
Yes, this can still get rather expensive. The solution? Don't stack a ton of magical effects on your items, or deal with the costs. :)

The only exemption here is what MIC identifies as "common item effects" on p. 233 - 234. These are magical bonuses of the following kinds ONLY: deflect AC bonuses; armor AC bonuses (bracers of armor, mage robes, etc...); enhancement bonuses to natural armor; enhancement bonuses to ability scores; energy resistances; and resistance bonus on saving throws.
The MIC's rules for them take into account order of application, which is cumbersome and a pain. My ruling is simple: Such bonuses simply do not count when determining if a body slot item that's getting a new effect applied to it will have "multiple effects." You got a Belt of Con +4 and add Dwarvenkind to it? You don't have to pay +50%. You have a Belt of Dwarvenkind and want to add Con +4 to it? You also do not pay extra. If in either case, after getting both effects on the belt you also want to add the effect of a Healing Belt? Yeah, you'd pay +50% for that.

Hopefully the above clears up any confusion you may have about how much your shopping will cost.

Last edited:

StarswordX

First Post
Kalinah, level up to 16 (ECL 18)

Class Level: Sublime Marshal 7

+1 base attack
+1 Minor Aura Known
+1 Known Maneuvers
Major Aura bonus now +2
Sublime Marshal Bonus Feat: Canny Commander

Skill points 8
Perform +1
Diplomacy +1
Concentration +6

New Maneuver: Rapid Counter (Diamond Mind, Counter)

Replacing Foehammer with Sapphire Nightmare Blade

Replacing Leading the Attack with Greater Insightful Strike

Switching Warblade class levels to Sublime Marshal class levels
New Sublime Marshal Level: 9
New abilities: Grant Move Action now 2/day, Tenacious Mettle

Extra Skill Points from class change: 8 --> +8 Concentration

New Minor Aura: Accurate Strike

New Major Aura: Motivate Urgency

Last edited:

StarswordX

First Post
So, after a thorough audit of my past purchases and loot shares, I came up with a pretty substantial negative number, so...

Kalinah's purchases for 9/7/2017
GP from Loot: 59,517.9
Remaining GP after paying back debts: 28,940.28
Selling Phylactary to Rantle +7850
Selling Mask of Visual Insight purchased from loot a while back +5,000
Selling Rope of Climbing +1500
Buying Stone of Good Luck (+1 to save, ability, and skill rolls) 10,000

As I am now dipping into Diamond Mind, I would like to get the Third Eye of Concentration if no one else wants it. If someone else does, we can work it out in session. 5000 (tentative)
Merging Eye with current mask: 6000 (tentative)
Upgrading my Amulet of Natural Armor +2 and Con +2 to Amulet of Natural Armor +3 and Con +2: 10,000

Current remaining: 12,290.28

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
Torrent's Divvy:
Starting Total with her share: 71810.50

Sold:
+2 Ghost Ward Heavy Steel Shield: 4585.00
+1 Mithril Shirt Barding of Nimbleness: 2700.00

Bought:
+5 Ghost Ward Rider's Shield: 36175.00
Add Nimbleness to +1 Full Plate: 4000
Wish for +1 inherent bonus to Ursa's Str: 26530.00
Third eye penetrate: 8000

Ending Total: 4390.50

Zayed's Divvy:
Starting Total with his share: 67748.85

Bought:
Locked Gauntlet: 8.00
Improve Ring of Prtc. +2 to +4: 24000.00
Improve +1 Animated Shield to +5: 40000.00

Ending Total: 3740.85

Last edited:

StarswordX

First Post
Level 19 for Kalinah

Class Level, Sublime Marshal 9 -> 10

+8 skill points
+1 Diplomacy
+1 Perform (Sing)
+6 Concentration

+1 BAB
+1 Will
+1 Readied Maneuvers

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Chapter 11 Loot Sale!

The final loot sale of the campaign! I never have to do this again! :D

[sblock]Crown of Ostalin [Designates the Khagan of Ostalin; wearer gains +2 Int, +2 Cha, +4 saves vs. enchant/mind-affecting, LLV, DV 60 ft] (priceless?)
Khagan’s Sword [+2 Falchion; in hands of the Khagan gains the following benefits: Dancing property and +2 attacks/saves for anyone w/in 100 ft of the Khagan fighting in his or Ostalin's defence] (priceless?)
Pyrronax (116,285)[sblock]Pyrronax is a +2 flaming burst anarchic Large bastard sword which you had heard belonged to the powerful balor Hedrenatherax.
Characteristics:
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Senses: darkvision 120 ft., hearing
Communication empathy (unlike most weapons of its intelligence, Pyrronax cannot communicate directly with its wielder)
Abilities Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 17; Ego 16
Lesser Powers (CL 3):
••At will — detect magic
••3/day — faerie fire, cure moderate wounds (2d8+3 hp, on wielder)
Greater Powers (CL 9):
••1/day — wall of fire (ring, with wielder at its center)
Dedicated Power (slay devils, CL 15):
••3/day — greater shout (15d6, DC 19)
Strong evocation and conjuration, CL 15; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, cure moderate wounds, detect magic, faerie fire, greater shout, limited wish, wall of fire. Price 232,570 gp; weight 6 lb.[/sblock]
Major cloak of displacement (25,000)
Cloak of Cha +4 and Resist +2 (10,000)
Cloak of charisma +6 (18,000)
Ring of freedom of movement (20,000)
Scholar Diamond Mind Ring [up to 6th level DM maneuver] (7500)
Ring of protection +3 (9000)
Fanged Ring [IUS and INA (unarmed) feats; 1 con dmg on unarmed crit] (5000)
Gloves of Dex +4 x2 (8000 each)
Gauntlets of shocking burst [Natural attacks gain the Shocking Burst property] (8000)
Scholar Shadow Hands [up to 6th level maneuver] (7500)
Gauntlets of extended range (1000)
Amulet of mighty fists +5 (50,000)
Amulet of mighty fists +1 and Int +6 (20,000)
Amulet of Mighty Fists [Ghost Touch] (2000)
Amulet of natural armor +3 (9000)
Periapt of Wis +2 (2000)
Crystal mask of mindarmor and foefinding (6250)
Moonstone Mask [+5 spot/listen; Darkvision 30 ft] (7500)
Surge Crystal [head slot; swift 5 charges/day increase ML on next power] (9000)
Belt of Con +2 and Nat Armor +1 (3000)
Vest of resist +5 (12,500)
Scholar Iron Heart Vest [up to 6th level maneuver] (7500)
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting +5 (1250)
Scholar Slippers of Setting Sun [up to 6th level maneuver] (7500)
Boots of Speed (6000)
Sandals of sprinting and agile leaping x4 (1600 each)
+2 Gargantuan Wounding Impact Collision heavy flail (49,210)
Luckblade [0 wishes] (11,030)
+2 Desert Wind adamantine falchion x4 (10,537.5 each)
+1 composite longbow [Str +5] x4 (1400 each)
Lesser fire assault crystal x4 (1500 each)
Lesser cold assault crystal x4 (1500 each)
80 +1 human-bane arrows (6642)
70 +1 gnome-bane arrows (5811.5)
80 +1 aberration-bane arrows (6642)
+3 Mithral breastplate (6600)
+2 Mithral breastplate x4 (4100 each)
+2 Twilight chain shirt (4625)
+2 Mithral buckler (2507.5)
+3 Heavy steel shield (4585)
Greater crystal of mind cloaking [+5 competence vs. mind-affecting; immediate 1/day reroll] (5000)
Iron bands of binding (13,000)
Pearly white spindle ioun stone (10,000)
Lavender & green ellipsoid ioun stone [38 spell levels unused] (15,200)
Dusty rose iuon stone x7 (2500 each)
Orange iuon stone (15,000)
Clear spindle ioun stone (2000)
Rod of silent spell (5500)
Lesser rod of silent spell x2 (1500 each)
Lesser Rod of quicken spell (17,500)
Wand of Scorching Ray [50 charges] (2250)
Potion of Greater Magic Fang [CL 20] (1500)
Potion of Vigor (CL 10) [fast heal 2 for 20 rounds] (750)
3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds (CL 5)
Potion of cure serious wounds x11 (375 each)
Potion of fly x4 (375 each)
Potion of neutralize poison (375)
Elixer of Tumbling (125)
Elixer of Hiding (125)
Elixer of Vision (125)
Formula Book (3500)[sblock]Level 1: Anticipate Peril, Comprehend Languages, Crafter's Fortune, CLW, Enlarge Person, Expeditious Retreat, Identify, Reduce Person, True Strike, Touch of the Sea, Shield
Level 2: Alchemical Allocation, Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Blur, Resist Energy, Skinsend, Touch Injection
Level 3: Absorb Toxicity, Amplify Elixer, Bouncing Bomb Admixture, Haste, Communal Resist Energy, Thorn Body
Level 4: Fluid Form, FoM, Monstrous Physique II
Level 5: Delayed Consumption, Monstrous Physique III, Spell Resistance[/sblock]
Golden serving pitcher and water bowl (1000)
Diamonds (7000)
Emeralds and gold ingots (4400)
700 Platinum pieces (7000)
[/sblock]

As always, everything is expressed in gp value for what you get selling it back (art/gems/coins sell at full value, of course). Assuming you return the Ostalin crown and sword and sell everything above...

Total: 704,463 gp
Per character: 140,892.6 gp

Now, if you're keeping some stuff as party items, we'll have to add that value of that up and divide by 5 to see how much your shares go down by. Please say what you'd like as party items, what you'd like to claim, and what you're buying/selling/upgrading. Purchase limit is 70,000 gp. As always, for items that can be incrementally upgraded, that applies to one increment. So a +9 weapon to a +10 (162K to 200K gp) is only a 38,000 gp upgrade and thus well within the purchase limit (even if your weapon's only +6 equivalent and you have to incrementally up it to +7, +8, etc... on the way), for example.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Plans for Chapter 5 / Pilus Confrontation

Now, for something I'm sure you care less about than loot. Pilus was 20th level all along, ever since you first met him (I did warn you picking fights w/ random NPC leaders might be a bad idea). Back in Eresh, you were level 10 or 11 (I forget if you leveled before or after meeting the brothers in the monastery, I think after). Obviously, fighting him would probably mean death. But also obviously, he was shady and you had plenty of reasons to want to fight him. The campaign says that if the party attacks, he merely glances to Longinus for help, gets a cold reply, and teleports away because the risk of a random lucky crit killing him isn't worth it and is just like...mad at you.
I thought that was a bit underwhelming and lame for the finale of the chapter, so I came up w/ my own plan of action if you happened to pick a fight w/ Pilus. Below is how I described it in a PM to another guy running WotBS for him to use if his party attacked:

[sblock]I had planned out a sequence of what would happen if the party tried to attack him. On his initiative, He'd glance to his brother, who would shrug or look away, and then expressing dismay, he'd do the following:
Pilus: Sonorous Hum (pre-cast) → Time Stop → Summon (Earth) Elemental Monolith (C.Arcane p. 156) → Mind Blank (on Monolith) → Lesser Telepathic Bond (scroll) → Teleport (to Tempest, where Paradim also fled after his fight with the party)

Before leaving, in Terran he'd order the monolith to destroy the party and let nothing get in its way, but it was not to harm Longinus. Now, this is a CR 17 encounter (see other PM). Which is still less hard than fighting Pilus, who wisely realizes one nat 20 and even the mightiest could fall, so why risk it?

However, the point of this wasn't even the encounter itself, which I did not expect the party to be able to win (but there's a chance). It's more about how they handle it. Pilus is trying to show Longinus he's wrong about these people (which in turn, since they were calling him some sort of monster, makes him look better since they're wrong). He isn't concerned with the party, he's concerned about his brother turning against him. Both because he's a greater threat and because, despite being evil...he still cares about his brother and doesn't want to come into conflict with him.
To Longinus, he sees this as a good way to gauge the character of the party. He chooses to stay out of the fight (aside from his readied action, see below), and if any PCs ask/demand for his help, he would have calmly replied, "Do you make it a habit to provoke far stronger enemies and then immediately scurry to others beseeching their help?" -- a rather caustic, "hits close to home" observation about the entire Seaquen declaring opposition to mighty Ragesia and then desperately seeking out allies setup of the entire campaign. If they kept asking, he'd simply say it is their fight, they asked for it, they must deal with it.

So, anyway, there were three basic outcomes I saw happening:

1) The party wins and proves their valor. Longinus is impressed with them and helps them wholeheartedly.

2) The party realizes it will lose, but stand and fight anyway, not wanting to cause destruction and death of bystanders as it chases after them. As it's about to kill someone, Longinus takes his readied action -- a Banishment spell (with Practiced Spellcaster, I made sure he had enough CL to affect the monolith's HD), as he points out the dozens of air-element religious symbols all over the room that are anathema to the earth elemental, making for an impossible save DC. He states his view that his brother never intended to kill anyone, and that's why he chose an earth elemental, knowing Longinus could banish it at any time. But rather prove to Longinus that the party are cowardly and untrustworthy. They've valiantly proven otherwise, willing to die to protect innocents. Longinus is impressed with them and helps them wholeheartedly.

3) The party realizes it will lose, and decide to RUN AWAY. Longinus shouts that it will kill any in its path trying to pursue them (last chance to change their minds). If they don't care or say it's Longinus's problem, I carry out the running battle another few rounds with monks around as the party flees, before letting them escape as Longinus shouts for the monks to try and force it back to the meeting chamber so it can be contained without causing more damage.
The next morning (or before they leave Eresh), a messenger brings them the orb and a letter from Longinus. The messenger says Longinus requested the party give it to Simeon when they returned to Seaquen, but does not mind if they read it before that.
In the letter, addressed to Simeon, Longinus writes that ultimately the party seemed like the lesser evil than the Ragesians so he begrudgingly chose to aid them. However, they are not people who should be trusted with such critical tasks, and detailing how they recklessly endangered the monastery and demonstrated a lack of care for any but themselves. It closes with a warning to Simeon to tread carefully around the party, and that he suspects if threatened sufficiently, they'd readily betray Seaquen.
Unbeknownst to the party, Longinus sends an identical letter by carrier pigeon to Simeon. The only difference is a header explaining to Simeon about the other letter and asking him to inquire if they have anything for him (without directly asking about the letter or the monks, etc...). If they are honest and present an undoctored letter to Simeon, Longinus retracts his condemnations and will admit he judged the party prematurely. However, if they don't, it adds weight to his charges.

2 and 3 are obviously the most interesting scenarios and I was hoping for either of them. But....they just struck a deal w/ the devil and made all my plans moot. [/sblock]

StarswordX

First Post
----------------------------------------------------------

Kalinah's level up, 17->18 (ECL 19->20)
Level 18 feat: Combat Panache
Gladiator 5->6

20th level stat-up: Dex and Int +1
BAB+1
All saves +1
Fighter Bonus Feat: Exotic Weapon Proficiency - Kusari-Gama
+8 skill points - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Perform (Sing), +5 Tumble, +1 Bluff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/8/18

I'm pretty sure it has been stated multiple times that potions of healing should always be saved. So, I'm going to assume we saved those and subtract their total divided by 5 from my loot.

Starting GP: 12,290.28

Share of loot: 140,892.6 - potion share (4,875/5=975) = 139,917.6

Total before purchases: 152,208.88

Buying +3 DM Kusari-gama= -16,000
Upgrading it to a +5 WR DS DM Kusari-gama and resizing to large = -98,000
Selling +5 WR DS Sickle = +25,156
Purchasing +3 Animated Small Steel Shield = -25,168
Upgrading Inquisitor's Mask of too many buffs from +4 resist to +5 resist= -9,000
Adding Magic-Eating to Celestial Armor = -10,000
Buying Shirt of Bone = -9000
Buying Bracers of Opportunity = -2300
Buying Crystal of Arrow Deflection = -5000

Remaining GP: 2,896.88

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
Zayed's divvy:
Starting: 3740.85
Share (party items taken out): 139917.60

Keep:
Greater Crystal of Mind Cloaking -5000.00
Scholar Shadow Hands -7500.00
Amulet of mighty fists +1 and Int +6 -20000.00

Sell:
Amulet of Natural Armor +3 +9000.00

Buy/Spend:
Wish for +1 inherent bonus to Str: -26530.00
Upgrade Gauntlets of Str from +4 to +6: -20000.00
Add Strongarm to Armbands: -9300.00
Skin of the Defender: -32000.00
Merge Scholar Shadow Hands to Gauntlets: -8250.00
Greater Crystal of Lifekeeping: -5000.00
Upgrade AMF to Greater Dispelling: -16000.00
Crystal of Return, Lesser: -1000.00
Dust of Appearance: -1800.00

Remaining: 278.45

Torrent's divvy:
Starting: 4390.50
Share (party items taken out): 139917.60

Keep:
Major Cloak of Diplacement: -25000.00
Orange Ioun Stone: -15000.00
Rod of Quicken Spell, Lesser: -17500.00

Sell:
Finned Gauntlets +1750.00

Buy/Spend:
Banner of the Storm's Eye w/ backpack mount: -15005.00
Wish for +1 inherent bonus to Con for Ursa: -26530.00
True Strike Gauntlets: -3500.00
Upgrade Amulet of Nat Armor from +2 to +4: -24000.00
Add Ghost Ward to +1 Armor of Nimbleness: -5000.00
Add Valorous to Lance: -14000.00

Remaining: 523.10

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Posting as much for my remembrance as yours....
Next session is Wednesday, 2/21 at 10 pm EST
Then we'll also play on Friday, 2/23 like usual.

No game next week.

EDIT: Fixed the dates.

Last edited:

Remove ads