Pathfinder 1E Mythic Adventures. Huh?

darjr

I crit!
I thought it was a great idea, then I didn't think the details held up. Then we tried it because the GM loved the rules and I have to say I really like them so far.

We're 5th level and most have a rank of Mythic. For one thing it encouraged really over the top play, that is a ton of fun.

Kinak

First Post
I think we'll probably need to reread some rules, because one of the basic abilities I didn't mention, called a surge, lets you roll a d6 (or higher later) and add that result to a check you already rolled. I'm not sure if you can add it to any d20 roll or just certain rolls. Or maybe you can even add it to damage rolls.
Any d20 roll you just made. But it is an immediate action, so at most once per round.

Cheers!
Kinak

Does Paizo publishing Mythic Adventure Paths lessen their usefulness to you if you're not using the Mythic rules system?
As was mentioned, Paizo wrote the Mythic rules because they had the AP in mind and thought that was the best way to do it justice.
Just like they added the SE Asian classes before doing Jade Regent. The APs are informing the rules.

Haven't had a chance to play with Mythic yet, beyond throwing a few Mythic foes at my PCs. (Want a scary boss? Make them Mythic.)
But I have a player that will be out if the game for a few weeks and I might try and slip in a Mythic one-shot. I'm thinking fantasy super heroes. Think Battle Chasers. Characters that are super heroes in Ptolus or a Waterdeep instead of New York or Gotham.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Right now I'm running Curse of the Crimson Throne (converting as I go to Pathfinder) and have decided that I'm going to slap a mythic level or two onto the final boss. I have something very specific in mind where I want the PC's to take her seriously when they do finally confront her. Granted I'll have to lay out some crumbs before that final encounter but by the time they get to her I want them to be fully aware that the confrontation is going to be dangerous and not some pushover encounter.

As a GM the mythic rules are just another tool, especially against optimized PC's.

I like them and definitely like them more than 3x Epic Rules.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The parts I like most about these rules (haven't played them yet) are the ways in which they expand into abilities that don't numerically make you better, but allow you to basically break physics and do things that are more "story" cool than anything else. Things like:
*Getting back alll your spells and daily abilities once per day in 15 minutes' time.
*Jumping 50 feet in the air, grappling a flying creature, and slamming him to the ground like Superman.
*Granting believers in your own cult Spells as if you were a demigod (because, y'know, you basically are.)
*Granting Mythic power to other people as a fraction of your own.

There's just a lot of fun stuff -- stuff I know won't be frequently in products, but enough to give people who use it the support they want.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I must admit, I've always wanted to run Dawnforge but wasn't exactly enamoured with the rules in the book.

However, Mythic Adventures would suit Dawnforge perfectly. Heck, they might even suit Midnight as a replacement for the starter template-things.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I must admit, I've always wanted to run Dawnforge but wasn't exactly enamoured with the rules in the book.

However, Mythic Adventures would suit Dawnforge perfectly. Heck, they might even suit Midnight as a replacement for the starter template-things.

What a great idea.

Remove ads