[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien was not sure what was so funny. Maybe it was the reference to being short, and she supposed that would make Sugar Sweet angry. But calling a Halfling short or small was not all that funny.

She shrugged, “I suppose we had to be there to appreciate the humor to its fullest. I don’t image Miss Sweet would have found it funny.”

The archeress looked to her red-headed companions to see if they were ready to continue the investigation elsewhere.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos nods as Heinrich confirms the potion's user, and the fact that their foe has at least some access to bypassing such magical concealment. Good to know.

The joke itself does little for Eanos, though he does file it away as possibly useful context for Sweet's personal ego-buttons. Seeing the usually-cheery Tyrien turn a cold shoulder to the men over the joke, however, does raise the briefest flash of an amused smile on Eanos. He quickly suppresses his amusement, however.

"Thanks for your help, boys," Eanos says with the slightest bow of his head. "Think we prolly have all we're getting from here, so we'll leave you to your work."

He moves to the door, waiting for Heinrich and Tyrien to gather themselves or ask anything else that struck them before asking Harry, "Now, which way to those fishermen's folk?"

[sblock=ooc]That's where Eanos wants to go, anyway. He can be pushed a different direction if the other two prefer.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:68 Current: 61
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 (+8 w/ purity, +9 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +10 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

In Hand: None (evidence)

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 24/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 23/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 1/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/6 remaining
Bane: 4/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 7/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 75'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (2/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The thug laughs, but there's a tinge of fear to it. "I'm not scared of her," he says, which is belied by the fact that he's scanning the rooftops as he says it.

"The Old Quarter is down thisaway," Harry says. "I'm sorry to tell you that while I know my way around there, but I don't know my way around there quite as well as I know my way around the rest of the town. And the people down there will know to talk to you, but they mostly keep apart from the Crew and the Syndicate, so they might not be as ... accommodating as those who are operating under direct orders, as it were." He scratches an ear. "There's a market where the daily catch gets traded. It's probably the best place to start, if I had to guess."

BH_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer

After waving a farewell to the thugs, Tyrien accompanied the others as they departed to the Old Quarter.

As they walked, she asked, “Harry, considering the company we were just keeping, I had the impression there was information about my questions you were not saying. Can you tell us now while we are pretty much alone?”

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock] [sblock=XP Question]How close is Tyrien getting to leveling up? It looks like the 1st post has not been updated at all, Systole.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Eanos nods his agreement to the market, and follows Harry's lead.

"Don't know what Harry might be holding onto," Eanos says in response to Tyrien once the party is moving again, "but now that the ears are further away, I can tell you I found a few signs in that place of undead. Dunno if our boy was there in person or was playing ride-along like he was at the cemetery, but something that should've been rotting underground was in that room walking around," Eanos shares.

Despite saying the ears were further away, his companions notice Eanos still keeps his volume low, taking to heart Harry's earlier warnings about the omnipresence of curious souls from both gangs.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

Common Attacks:

Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (2/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Harry shakes his head. "Didn't have a lot to add, Miss. And I wanted to keep my mouth shut because of the ... because of what I heard up at the graveyard. I didn't want that to slip out, Miss. That, and it's not a good policy to repeat certain things that certain people said about certain other people, whether or not I might have known those certain things." He pauses. "But I believe the exact number that Dorosh used was a half inch, not an inch and a half."

He leads you down to the Old Quarter fish market, which smells overwhelming of old fish. It's enough to make Eanos' stomach churn, but after a moment he's able to choke his nausea back down. Harry makes a few discreet inquiries and you're eventually pointed to a stern-looking fishwife who's standing in the corner of the market. The other fishermen and women move around her in an unconsciously deferential manner, making it clear that she's definitely got some sort of authority among these people. She watches you with a wholly unreadable expression as you approach.

"Good afternoon, Missus Moressi. I'm Harry Harson..."

The woman cuts him off, clearly much more of a direct speaker than Harry is, and not the sort to wait for him to come around to the point. "I know who you are, Harry. What can I do for you and your guests? And I prefer to be called Gemma. We're a simpler folk than those uptown."

BH_150.jpg
fisher2_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . . . . Gemma Moressi . .

GM: Heinrich leveled up a few days ago. He's at 74078 as of today. Tyrien is 65316, and Eanos is at 54582.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

The inquisitor smiles at the apparent straightforwardness of the fishwife, and takes it as his cue, stepping forward.

"Gemma: Eanos. Well met," he says by way of his own plainspoken introduction. "My friends and I are looking into the recent nastiness, and we wanted to ask you 'bout the fishermen your folk lost not too long ago? Dunno if it's all a piece, but figure Gandling owes its fisherfolk enough to find out, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy; Sense Motive (1d20+13=31, 1d20+22=24)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Common Attacks:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich bows, "Heinrich, Meister Frau Gemma. We vish fur justice to be brought fur them."

Aid another diplomacy for Eanos: 1d20+1=21 A nat 20 now?!?

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyien nodded to acknowledge Harry’s reply, then said aloud since he could not see the head movement, “Thanks for being careful with words.”

The archeress was not really sure how they were going to deal with the spirit. But in the end, she thought it was going to come down to letting it take revenge on those it wanted to kill.

Tyrien smiled in greeting to the fisherwoman. “I am the archer, Tyrien e’Adrianne. Any help at all would be appreciated.”

Diplomacy Aid Another (1d20+1=14)
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Remove ads