[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien had tried being diplomatic in her words, but the tone of her voice failed her. However, she was grateful that Eanos was able to pick up the pieces and they had a possibility of a meeting on the morrow.

Seeing the boat, the archeress was apprehensive. She was not so keen on heading to the reef. Her arrows could travel well over water, but not very well in it. She had a suspicion that in venturing out in the dead fishermen’s footsteps, she would be fighting for her life in the water or end up drowned like them.

“I am not sure what you two are thinking, but I will state for the record that I have little skill at sailing or rowing. I am not too keen on swimming or trying to breath underwater either.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Don't worry," Eanos says to Tyrien. "I'm a terrible swimmer. Besides, if I'm right, whatever was on that reef ain't there any more. More interested in what it might have left here," he points to the boat as he walks around it once.

"That old familiar smell's here again. Stake my rep that this is connected, then. But stronger here than elsewhere. Shouldn't linger better here with the water to wash it away than it does elsewhere, yes?" He frowns a moment, considering. "Gemma, you know how to take these seats off? Like to take a look at 'em, and what's underneath 'em."

[sblock=ooc]Since the boat's a wreck that no one's even touched since it was found, Eanos is fine with breaking stuff to get the removable seating removed, but he figures deferring to the fishwife might help keep her favorable to him.

Regular Perception; Scent (1d20+19=34, 1d20+23=31)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:68 Current: 61
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 (+8 w/ purity, +9 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +10 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

In Hand: None (evidence)

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 24/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 23/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 1/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/6 remaining
Bane: 4/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 7/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 75'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (2/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
“I am not sure what you two are thinking, but I will state for the record that I have little skill at sailing or rowing. I am not too keen on swimming or trying to breath underwater either.”

"Not happy with vahter at all myself. Tends to counter flame."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien was not as confident that Eanos was right. If the spirit’s bones were still out there, surely they would be protected to prevent its destruction. She just hoped that diving underwater for it was not going to be necessary.

But there also was logic in that the danger on the reef was no longer present.

“Let us hope that you are right, Eanos. My bow does not work well underwater.”

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)

Systole

First Post
Gemma shrugs at Tyrien. "'Twould be some rowing to get out there, but needn't be any swimming. At low tide, the top part of the reef's out of the water. There's a ridge what runs around a lagoon that's maybe fifty, sixty feet across, so you could have a look around without getting your feet wet."

When Eanos starts sniffing around, she comments, "Well, it smelled a helluva lot stronger when it first come in. It's faded plenty. Couple of the boys gagged at first."

Pulling out the seats reveals a twist of fiber caught in a pinch point where the horizontal board meets the interior of the boat. Gemma examines it critically, pulling it apart with her fingers. "Hemp. Mighta been a fishing net once, but it's rotten as all get-out now."

fisher2_150.jpg

. . Gemma Moressi . .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
sea death-rot, perfume, rotton hemp rope net. Ist pointing to same as has been Yes? Ist not goot for my magic in vater.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien looked at Eanos. While she was not keen on swimming or going underwater, a short boat trip to look at the reef could be just that.

“You decision, Eanos. Shall we row out to the reef to look?”

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

jkason

First Post

Eanos rummages in his belt pouch briefly, producing the small bit of fabric from the previous crime scene.

"None of us know much 'bout fabric. This hemp, as well?" he asks Gemma as he considers the water.

"If we have time to get out and back before the tide starts coming in, might as well do it and be done with it. If tide's on the way in, not sure I trust our luck not to turn with it."

[sblock=ooc]I'm pretty sure the fabric's not hemp, but might as well take advantage of a helpful source who has a vested interest in keeping things quiet (i.e., staying clear of the gangs) while she's around and cooperative.

Also, as above: if the tide won't be coming in for a while, let's take a look at the ridge. The more clues the better, I'd say. There's at least the strongest indication here that this is the source, so might as well exhaust it while we can.

If it's likely we might get caught with a rising tide, though, might be best to head back uptown, where chaos may or may not have ensued.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

Common Attacks:

Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (2/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Gemma says. "It's about a half hour row when you've got the tide with ye. And the tide's just about an hour from full ebb now, so if you spend an hour out there, that'll give you the tide there and the tide back. Couldn't ask for a better time, all told. If you want to go, help me get the boat into the water."

She peers at the strip of fabric that Eanos is holding. "Don't know what that is, but it ain't hemp. Some sort of fancy cloth, mayhap? Looks like it's been in the water a long time, too. An' it's got the same smell as the boat." She looks at Eanos with a considering expression. "Found that someplace it oughtn't have been, then? Uptown?"

fisher2_150.jpg

. . Gemma Moressi . .

jkason

First Post

Eanos gives a smile to Gemma, but merely says, "Best way to avoid getting dragged into a mess you don't want to be a part of is not to ask too many questions about it, yes?" he offers genially. He isn't being sly in his evasiveness so much as offering a protective warning: The more you know, the more likely the wrong people will come looking to ask you about it. He values the fishwife's aid so far, and doesn't want to see her in harm's way for providing it.

Eanos bends his back to help Gemma get the boat into the water, then.

"You'll let Harry know we'll be back with the tide, yes?" he asks the fishwife. If she didn't want the party sharing her fishermen's involvement, he presumes she'll also want to conceal the party's destination. Eanos does, however, listen carefully to her directions on reaching the reef.

[sblock=ooc]Tyrien already said she was leaving it up to Eanos, so I figured we had a majority consensus. If I'm presuming, my apologies.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Common Attacks:

Remove ads