[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Matron Gemma, May I have das rope ? I wish to look more closely at it later, If you please, Meister Frau."

Heinrich nods his approval as to the boat ride, but he is uncomfortable with it none the less.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Reluctant as she was to go out on the water, Tyrien was not going balk about it. She temporarily put her bow away and helped to launch the boat.

“It would appear now is the best time to go. Let us do this and get back on dry land again, then.”

As soon as the boat was ready and in the water, she pulled out her bow once more.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Heinrich looks at his companions and shrugs.
"How you use oars? Easy?"

OOC: knowledge: engineering? (+18)

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Gemma nods at Eanos. "True enough, that. So long as it's not anything that we'd best know, but I'll take your word."

You finish dragging the boat to the water. "You take the starboard side. I've a twinge in my left shoulder these days," the old woman says, evidently having decided that she's coming. It doesn't seem open to debate. Tyrien and Heinrich climb into the boat while Eanos and Gemma man the oars. If anyone is dubious at the fisherwoman's physical condition, those doubts vanish quickly, as Gemma rows with practiced ease. When the boat pulls up near the reef a half hour later, the young man is more than a little out of breath and his hands are more than a bit raw. Gemma, on the other hand, seems like she could do this for hours.

The reef is a roughly circular blackish-green ring about eighty feet wide that encircles a brackish lagoon. The ring itself varies between about one and three feet out of the water, and is about five feet wide for most of its length, thickening in places to ten or fifteen.

Gemma stops the boat about twenty feet away. "There's only one or two places that are safe to draw the boat up to, and there's no place to moor. So I'll keep the boat while you look around, aye?"

fisher2_150.jpg

. . Gemma Moressi . .

Scott DeWar

Heinrich looks to the others with trepidation, but will climb out when the other 2 do. "This lagoon looks like it ist full of defilement, it seems."

He detects magic on the lagoon to see if there was any necrotic energies eerily emanating.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos takes a moment to consider, but the fact of the matter is, his own sea-skills are non-existent. He nods to Gemma's plan.

"Stay close as you can, yes?" he asks, "Want to be able to high tail it if need be," he adds, choosing not to add what might happen should Gemma choose to do so first. He mutters a prayer to Issolatha to grant him speed as the fishwife pulls the boat to one of the safe points on the reef.

Eanos turns eyes, nose, and the wild insights granted by Issolatha to studying the reef, trying to see if he can determine anything new from the site.

[sblock=ooc]Expeditious Retreat. +30 base speed for 9 minutes. Hopefully just in case.

I'm a dope. I left the Track bonus in when I rolled Eanos' Survival. That should be a 23, since there wouldn't be tracks to find, and I rolled it only to see if what wilderness lore he knows might help him parse the location for clues.

I don't imagine there's much to smell on a site covered daily with water, either, but figured, what the hell:

Perception; Perception (scent); Survival (1d20+19=37, 1d20+23=43, 1d20+17=27)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:68 Current: 61
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 (+8 w/ purity, +9 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +10 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Expeditious Retreat, +30 base speed (70' total move) 9 minutes

In Hand: None (evidence)

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 24/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 23/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 1/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/6 remaining
Bane: 4/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 7/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 75'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (1/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien stayed aboard the dingy with Gemma, keeping an arrow nocked and her body propped in a stable shooting position.

“I will stand guard, let me know if you want me to come ashore.”

She tried not to move, hoping the boat would remain as stable as possible.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

OOC: He will go. I want to know if he sees if any necrotic stuff comes from the lagoon.

I got a bad feeling about this, though.

Systole

First Post
Heinrich and Eanos debark onto the northeast section of the atoll. All around, jagged peaks of coral jut up to just below the water's surface, and Gemma grits her teeth keeping the boat away from them. The central lagoon is dark and murky, and there's an unwholesome aroma coming of the still water, not unlike the smell of undeath that you've run into repeatedly.

The entire surface of the atoll is slick and rough, and difficult to scramble over. To the southwest, the top of the reef flattens out a bit, and it looks like something has scratched the coral.

Heinrich can feel necromancy here. The magical aura clings like scum to the entire reef, and the lagoon is polluted with dark energy.

fisher2_150.jpg

. . Gemma Moressi . .

[sblock=Map]
Atoll_x.png
[/sblock][sblock=GM]Heinrich and Eanos are currently on the northeastern section of the atoll. Gemma and Tyrien are in the boat which is a few feet away. The wide section to the southwest looks like the most likely spot for any sort of activity. The central lagoon is murky and foul-smelling. Perception checks please.[/sblock]

Remove ads