[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]Second Summon Monster 3 available? (high = yes) (1d100=38)

Looks like no dice on getting an extra Summon Monster 3.

Umm... okay, I just looked (here), and Heinrich has Summon Monster 4, Black Tentacles, and Wall of Force prepared. Add to that Eanos having learned Halt Undead with his level up, plus a single scroll of Summon 3, and we may be okay on battlefield control / meat shields.

I think the last time we had so much trouble because we got in close right away and didn't have a good out. I got overconfident in Eanos' social skills to get Davel to a safe distance so we could rain down destruction from a distance, and it bit us in the bum when it didn't work (my having failed to train Eanos in Disguise probably didn't help much. I'm starting to amend that).

If we do some pre-strategizing, I think we can manage without having to make Handle Animal checks and burn spell slots on canine cannon fodder (which leaves more loot for us at the end of the day :) ). [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"As a wizard I can summon monster spells or scrolls. I actually have some memorized today, however I was foolish and underestamated our advasary"

Systole

First Post
With the help of a scroll, Father Mackavoy eventually manages to heal Tyrien. Afterwards, the good priest immediately begins chatting up Gemma in the hopes of 'much-needed spiritual services directly to the fishers of Gandling,' seemingly in hopes of cadging a place in the Old Quarter. Gemma frowns at Mackavoy's obvious cowardice, but gives a curt nod. The priest will not be running to King or Cato with any information, of that you're certain.

Heinrich knows that the catacombs date back to the previous age and are several hundred years old or more. As such, they're likely to be in poor repair. The original elves sometimes used traps and magical wards, but those would have faded or decayed over the centuries. That's not to say that the new inhabitants couldn't have built more.

fisher2_150.jpg
mackavoy_150.gif

. . Gemma Moressi . . . Father Mackavoy . .

[sblock=OOC]Yes, that is Dean Martin.

2 extra Hide from Undead; 1 extra Daybreak Arrow; 2 Restorations (50% chance, high = yes) (1d100=17, 1d100=20, 1d100=55, 1d100=96, 1d100=4)

Looks like no extras on Hide from Undead, so price will depend on whether you're okay with us getting it at a higher CL. Yes on an extra Daybreak Arrow, so both archers can have glowy projectile goodness, but only one Restoration scroll. Hopefully that'll be enough. :) So:

1x Hide from Undead: price 25 gp or 375 gp depending on approved CL
1x Restoration: 700 gp
1x Summon Monster: 2 150 gp (if Heinrich can cast it)
1x Summon Monster: 3 375 gp (if Heinrich can cast it)
2x Daybreak Arrow: 750 gp total for 2

Scrolls are all going to be at minimum caster level, as per PFS rules. Hide from undead scrolls will be level 1.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]Gotcha. So, we won't be sneaking all the way in, but it might be useful for positioning if we get close enough.[/sblock]

Eanos returns Gemma's nod with a grateful one of his own. One fewer mouth to worry about, then. He gathers up the scrolls with thanks to the priest, handing the summoning scrolls to Heinrich, as the wizard will be the one to use them if his own magics aren't enough.

"Think we've got what we're going to get to help us," he says, looking to the others. "Longer we wait to prepare, longer they have to do the same. They know we've sussed out most of their secrets. I say it's time to use them."

The inquisitor reaches into his own backpack first, however, and produces a scroll he already has, offering it to Tyrien.

"Got two of these, think you can cast it if need be," he says. "Lets you see the invisible for 'bout half an hour. I've got another trick if we run into that, but it'll cut into how much I can slow down shamblers. So far we haven't needed it, but I figure if it comes down to it, best if you had it on you than we tried to do any kind of exchange, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]As before, I think we're probably good without going into town and looking for dogs, as well. But I won't push us toward the catacombs until the others sign off on it.

Eanos has two scrolls of See Invisibility. He's offering one to Tyrien, since it's on the bard list so she can cast it. Dunno if it'll be necessary, but especially since I just realized it's "personal" range, he couldn't cast it for her, anyway.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:75 Current: 73
Senses: Perception 20 (24 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 23/27
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +8 (+11 w/ purity, +12 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +12 (+15 w/ purity, +16 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound
***Purity bonus doubled vs. curses, diseases, and poisons

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +14/+09 = [BAB (07/02)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +10/+05 = [BAB (07/02) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit & damage / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

2 +1 Daggers (temporary)

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-3 attack, +6 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 22/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 18/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining
Scrolls: See Invisible x2 (one with Tyrien), Comp Languages x3, Lesser Restoration,
Party scrolls (carried by): Restoration (Eanos), Hide from Undead (Eanos), Summon Monster 2 & 3 (Heinrich), Daybreak Arrow x2 (Eanos)

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 3/4 Remaining
Determination: 4/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/7 remaining
Bane: 6/10 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 10/10 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 80'/100' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Flames of the Faithful, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Halt Undead, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
4th (2/2 remaining)(DC 18): Death Ward, Judgment Light

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien did not argue, “True, maybe we should hurry. Heinrich says he can summon some aid to keep our foes at bay, so that is fine by me as long as he uses them. I suspect we are looking at confined spaces in our investigating the catacombs. Let us go then if you two are ready.”

After learning what the spell could do, she returned the scroll to Eanos, “While I might be able to cast it someday, that day is not today. At least not without risking it fizzling to waste. I am no wizard for these things and not real lucky either.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock][sblock=OOC Note]JK, while it is on Tyrien's list, she would have to roll dice to cast it since she cannot cast 2nd levels spells yet.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC Note]
JK, while it is on Tyrien's list, she would have to roll dice to cast it since she cannot cast 2nd levels spells yet.

Gah. I just went back and realized I've been misreading the scroll rules for ages. In my head, they worked like a wand, only they were single use and transcribable by a wizard, so Tyrien only needed to have it on her list like with the CLW wand. Sorry 'bout that.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Perrinmiller]that's what I thought. Still betting temporal confusions from the sickness of 2011. ARRRRGGGGHHH![/sblock]

Remove ads