Pathfinder 1E [IC] Way of the Wicked

Piston Honda

First Post
Vordahl glared holes through Blackerly’s head as he entered until being overcome with surprise and curiosity. A visitor in Branderscar? He watches with interest as Armides is led away, as he disappears from view, Vordahl’s wrath returns to him as he looks upon the remaining guards, recognizing one of them from his welcoming beating into the prison.

“Tell me, boy.” Vordahl speaks mockingly, drawing his words out. “Will the Major be having an open casket? I wanted my pension to be used to adorn his body with the reddest of roses.”

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Outside the Cells]Armides stumbles and falls heavily into the chair. He shifts uncomfortably but doesn't take his gaze from the beautiful woman before him as if he truly is a condemned man drinking in the last sight ever of the woman he loves. He listens to the charade she presents then seems to collapse into the chair after the guards leave. He listens carefully to Tiadora and memorizes her instructions just in case this isn't some sick noblewoman's game.

"Mocking me with the promise of escape and a scrap of silk? Is this entertainment for you?"

"Oh no! Of course not dearest."

Nevertheless, he takes the veil and looks at it. A thought crosses his mind and he flicks a glance towards the door where the Sergeant exited then back down to the veil. With a quick word of power and the twitch of his wrist he summons magical sight to examine the veil.

The veil radiates as magic.

If the item detects as magical he returns his gaze to Tiadora and speaks. "What does it do? Enchantment of some sort?"

"It is my parting gift to you, dearest."

Given more time you could probably tell more but you get the feeling that time is short.[/sblock]

Back in the Cell:
One of the guards acts as if he is going to pommel Skalis for speaking but stops short of the action. He starts to laugh and the other guards join in. But then they all stop abruptly.

Walking Dad

First Post
Asseni, Tiefling Priest

Asseni, was going to comment on the stance for barbarism versus sedition, but stops at the strange reaction of the guards... if he only had his hands free, he could try to cast a quick orison to check if some magic was on work here. But with his hands bound, he could only wait and listen.

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette had kept absolutely silent and still from the moment the guards had stepped in. Conscious of her precarious position as a prisoner without rights, and the guards' positions as people who's power over her was utter and without redress, she was well aware that they were able to make her final moments far worse for her than simply shackling her to a wall. It was with no small relief that she watched the idiot with a big mouth provoke them. Anger was one of the few things that could distract men from helpless women, she'd found.

Their sudden change sent a tingle down her spine, and it put the previous guard's woodenness...something she'd dismissed as simply evidence of inbreeding previously...in a new perspective.

Did they hear something? How could they have? Something was happening, but what? And more importantly, why?

Bound as she was, all she could do was wait, and watch, like a shadow on the wall.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, human Inquisitor

[section]
[sblock=Outside the Cells]Armides silently curses the woman's evasiveness as he recognizes that he probably doesn't have time to figure out the item. Nor does he have the proper training in the 'Sight' to discern the powers of items imbued with magic even if he did have time. He quickly examines the veil to make sure that he knows how to put it on then conceals it as best he can under the scrap of clothing that remains to him. He turns dark eyes on Tiadora.

"Splendid." he spits out. In a louder voice he continues (Bluff 11). "Do not mourn for me, dearest. You must forget me and continue on with your life. But, perhaps, one last kiss before I go to the fire?"

Armides smiles at Tiadora but has already dismissed her as a whore or actress hired to play the part. His mind whirls with the possibility of the veil. Is it the source of the enchantment he sensed upon the guards and should he don it to further evoke that enchantment? Or would it be better to study the veil more thoroughly after he he has been returned to the cell and use it there, presuming the guard do not take it from him? It is a chance either way but he chooses to bet on the distraction of the guard allowing him to get the veil back into the cell where he can study it further. Perhaps one of his cell mates is more versed in discerning the magical.[/sblock]
[/section]
. . Armides Diat . .

Piston Honda

First Post
Vordahl prepared to taunt the guard once more until the laughter came to a dead stop. Coupled with his cell mates going silent, his curiosity was aroused. The brute’s battered, defiant face turned stoic as he focused, trying to determine a cause for this disturbing quietus.

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Outside the Cells]Glancing at the veil Armides sees small cloth patches of various shapes woven into the fabric. Perhaps if he gets a chance to look at it closer he will be able to tell more.

Her message delivered, the woman rises and the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. “No, I can’t bear to leave you!” She gives Armides a kiss on the cheek. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman.

Tomas shakes his head. “I’m afraid it’s time, miss.”

She looks deep in Tomas’ eyes and says, “Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.”

“Such a good friend,” Tomas repeats his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. “A pleasure, madam,” She leaves unveiled. Her eyes meet Armides’ one last time and she briefly gives him a wicked smile.

“Three days,” telepathically echoes in Armides’ mind. “Don’t disappoint me, dearest”. The visitation concluded, Armides is taken back to his cell by the guards.[/sblock]Back in the Cell:
Returning to the cell, Armides is again shackled. Once more he is secured in tightly locked bands around his ankles and his hands are shackled above his head with the others.

Lights are dimmed and the door to their block is locked once more. The guards leave though clearly two of them are stationed just outside of the door.

You are now alone in your cell certain that time is running out.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, human Inquisitor

[section]
Armides meekly submits to being shackled again in the cell with the others. He doesn't want to risk being searched once Tiadora is gone. He knows time is running out but he feels he needs to wait until the woman is away; that last kiss was strange and he wasn't sure his assumptions concerning the woman were correct. Also, he wishes to give the guard time to settle into their routine of boredom again.

It is maybe an hour before he can't wait any longer though with the difficulty of telling time in the cell it could have been much longer or much shorter. In a voice quiet enough that it won't carry out to their guard he begins to speak. "My visit was interesting. And if any of you have the sight to see magic then I might suggest you turn your gaze upon me. I believe I was given means that we might escape, but we will need to work together."

Armides wriggles within his chains, though always careful to make no unusual noise, until he can slip the silk veil from beneath his rags. He'll try to study it where it falls but his human eyes in the dim light find that difficult. If he can manage to get it on his knees so he can see it better and perhaps manipulate it with his mouth he will try it.
[/section]
. . Armides Diat . .

Shayuri

First Post
"If I had use of my hands, perhaps I could help you with that," Silhouette says dryly, though her quick glance at the cell door belies her tone. She's taking this seriously. "As it is, I don't see what your visitor expected you, or us, to do."

She does lean over as far as she can, to try to get a better look. The darkness of the cell is no bar to her eyes.

Piston Honda

First Post
The silence had begun to grate on Vordahl. He welcomed the distraction of Armides speech, even if he did tune out the words after he mentioned magic, having no schooling in the field himself, then he heard the word escape. He thought it was foolish, this place was death, those burned with that accursed letter only left here for a public execution, what good was getting their hopes up, rather than destroy this hope; he paused. Even the receipt of a visitor was unusual; then he saw him wriggling, a veil beginning to free itself from his clothes.

Moments before, Vordahl had only hoped for a way to earn himself a death at the hands of an angry guard, but now, maybe it was a possibility. He remained silent, fixating on the events transpiring, watching the magic-users closely.

Remove ads