Amazon considers raising Prime subscription fee by up to $40

Just got the price increase announcement from Amazon -- it officially goes up to $99 for Prime. Their justification was the increase in shipping costs over the seven years Prime has remained at a fixed price.

I can live with that (especially since I don't get hit with the price hike until next year).

Ahnehnois

First Post
I order plenty of stuff from Amazon, but I don't mind spending in $35 or more increments or waiting a few days for stuff to get to me. Not big on paying subscription fees for anything.

Herschel

Adventurer
It's worth it for us. The two-day shipping is great. Basically all my Christmas shopping is through Amazon or Mom & Pop shops, for example, and the streaming service has a lot of choices for free.

It's basically NetFlix streaming with free shipping upgrade attached. Some of the newest stuff you can pay stream ala iTunes, rentals, etc.

Crothian

First Post
I got a notification today that says the price will stay the same for this year and raise by $20 for next year and that price will stay the same for the next nine years. I can deal with that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases