[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Kn:Geography]Although Kn:Geography does allow you to recognize major terrain features, it isn't the best skill for finding your way in the wild. The direct candidate for that would be Survival, where not getting lost is directly referenced with a DC to roll against.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Aura, I agree KN Geography is not the best to go by. Just thought I would get us moving in that direction hoping another has a skill that will be better at navigating in the wild.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Not sure if I'm the best suited for it in the group, but I'm a fair hand at wilderness navigation," Jonas says as he wheels Myrtle around to head through the stables.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]If no one else steps up as more able, Jonas (Survival +6) will point the way. If there's a group member who's better, he'll Aid Another.[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"And you're tall enough to see over the bushes. Yeah, go ahead and take the lead. Wait, wait, that doesn't work. That means Bubba and I spend the journey looking at Myrtle's butt. Nah, no, that gets boring. We'll take the lead. Just tell us when we are going the wrong direction."

"So, that way then?" as she points further into the stables. "Let's go Bubba." and she starts the parade.
[sblock=actions]Bubba: lead of the procession
Mystie: Talking
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 5 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
With all who voiced an opinion in agreement, the intrepid group starts the trek through the stables, a nearly ever-present breeze at your backs. Mystie urges Bubba to the front in order to get a better view, and the rest of you filter in behind. The main artery through the stables varies in width and hardly runs straight, cutting left and right, at different times, to get around pens, cages, and buildings.

Two things dominate the skyline as you start the journey. First is a large arch marking the exit from the stables. It's easy to see, although some places within the stables line of sight to it would be blocked. The second major item is a large domed cage. It's hard to make a height estimate, but it must be immense, easily the height of even a large building.

Even with the breeze helping, there is little way to escape the odor of the place. It is easy to see why--just about anything you have imagined ever riding is here. Small mounts like dogs, and giant mounts like elephants, are all represented, as are their particular odors. Combined, it is enough to make one wonder how anyone works here.

Speaking of which, a variety of stablehands busy themselves with daily chores, feeding, cleaning, and exercising the animals. They seem mostly unconcerned with you, although some look and even a few wave, most notably a matronly halfling.

[sblock=Planning and Stuff]In the long run, you're going to need planning on how you are going to 'march', make camp, keep watches, etc, etc. For now, how you're moving as a group is the important issue. Barring any particular 'marching order' being agreed upon, I will default to 'armed gaggle' where I randomly assign your positions if an encounter happens, only making exceptions for those who clearly stated an intent, such as Mystie wanting to be in the front.

And unless told otherwise, I will further assume that you will all move at the speed of the slowest mount, which would be the riding dog or the ponies at 40', although the dog would tire out first if pushed for speed (all equines have endurance).

And for those who wonder, horses and ponies are statistically distinct in Pathfinder, whereas in the real world the boundary is more continuous and blurred together. It's best to think of ponies as more miniature in nature.

Enough of me talking.[/sblock]

Fobok

First Post
Joren nods, and rides along after the others. He returns any waves with a wave of his own and a friendly smile, and makes no complaint about the smell. His attention mostly seems to be on the archway, and likely his imaginings of the world beyond.

[sblock=OOC]Joren will probably stay near the back of the group, but beyond that I'm not picky on where he'll be.[/sblock]

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2

Claws rounds remaining: 6/6

Level 1 spells remaining: 4/4

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Crossbow Bolts remaining: 20

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Fair enough, Mystie, " Jonas replies with a smile. "For now, as soon as we clear the stables go that way. Is everyone good on food and water? I can forage a bit on the way." He looks at the group, counting heads. "It'll slow us down somewhat but I could cut our use of rations in half, and the meals would be a little tastier."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Survival will get us where we need to go, as well as providing almost half a day of food for the group. The foraging will cut our speed in half, but if we're not in a hurry to get there and back it might be good.

As far as traveling order I'm good with "armed gaggle" until we get where we're going. Unless you're trained military, it's damned hard to maintain a disciplined marching order over a long overland trek anyway.[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Without any discussion, Hawk urges Piper forward and tends to ride just behind or even with Mystie and Bubba.

[sblock=Accounting]Hawk is still awaiting approval for 2nd level.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +3 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 8/8[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas joins the procession urging Penelope on to keep up with those ahead of him. He wrinkles his nose as they pass through the stables in a poor attempt to fight off the stench. As they pass the large domed cage he wonders what it is meant to hold. Perhaps a hippogriff or some other fantastic creature. He lets his imagination run with it as he follows along with the group. Perhaps a Pegasus, or giant eagle. "What do you think that big cage was meant for?"

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 18
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 6/6
[/sblock]

Remove ads